Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSI cx61 0od ms-16gb1 ver:3.0 Bios and EC needed

Hi everyone,
    after update ec from msi website laptop gone dead.
    No reaction on power button, no one led flash, on battery also no change and no charge light.

MSI cx61 0od ms-16gb1 ver:3.0

Who have dump from EC and Bios chip from that laptop?

i've tried many options from msi support and from google and nothing works till now.

i have flashed with programmer the ec and bios in many different versions from this what i've found on this sites and it is still DEAD ;/

Thanks in advance for that files with dump.

Re: MSI cx61 0od ms-16gb1 ver:3.0 Bios and EC needed

Heres the Windows 8 bios and EC .
    Attached Files
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

thanks man - i will try it and post when completed.

Comment

i donna cry- it doesn't work.
        This bios that you posted it is equal to E16GBIMS.902

just flashed bios and ec and still no reaction to power button.

Comment

The bios and matching win 8 ec were direct from MSI, so you`d expect them to work. What programmer are you using and have you verified afterwards. You could try replacing the Pm25LD512 and ENE IC`s.
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

i used alltime Revelprog Is programmer and houndreds of bios and ec chips have flashed but only this time all the files are not matched. Everytime i flash the bios it is verifed and 100% goed but this mainboard after stupid ec upgrade in windows has failed and still not showing any signs of life.

how it is possible that ENE is dead after flashing apart EC chip?

Comment

Maybe a solution .

"I found what was happening, I had to connect external boards, where the hall sensor is."

Translated from: http://monitor.net.ru/forum/msi-cx61-info-587928.html

Comment

@SMDFlea - this also is not working, with or without i/o boards , also without bios battery,without ram,wifi etc. still nothing. Power button react to pushing and voltage drops from 3.3 to 0 , the rest of voltages are also present on EC and bios chip, but still not signs of life.

Does anybody have schematics from that board?

Comment

Test with the i/o boards,memory,cmos and main battery and screen cable attatched . I don`t think a schematic is available. Was the board running perfectly before the EC update .
                  EDIT: What is the ENE part number .
                  Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-07-2018, 04:40 PM.

Comment

already tested with everything attatched and everything unplugged and still nothing, Yes this laptop was running perfectly excl. charging the battery, i've purchased new one and blue light from charging was shining but when power cord unplugged laptop turns straight off. So with new battery was everything good but laptop doesn't charged so i tried flashing EC to see if it'll help but doesn't. Now it's bricked and i don't know why so many tries after flashing also on differents ec and bios chip it wouldn't help.

KBC is ENE KB3930QF B1

Comment

See if it boots with the old battery in place. Try programming the bios with quad enable .

Comment

it doesn't boot also with old battery and my own dump files. What do you mean "quad enable" ? i see it for the 1st time ever.

Comment

if you mean that i need to clear the bios and ec before flashing - i have it done many times already.

Comment

It doesn`t matter about the quad enable, its not supported anyway.
                            I suggest you replace the Pm25LD512 ,even though its flashed and verified and seems ok it can still be bad.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                              Heres the Windows 8 bios and EC .
                              thanks..

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                                It doesn`t matter about the quad enable, its not supported anyway.
                                I suggest you replace the Pm25LD512 ,even though its flashed and verified and seems ok it can still be bad.
                                ec and main bios replaced and after so many months still no react to power button, even battery charging led doesn't work, voltage on charger and kbc seems to be good , 3,3 on power button drops to 0 when pushed and raised again to 3,3 , might be kbc dead after bios update? it was never happened before i made and flashed houndreds of laptops.
                                every dump,file that i found even won't work, all the files from msi support bios also not, almost every ec file when compared it's same .

Comment

The problem isn`t with the bios.

Comment

so if not with bios, where then? if before bios update laptop was working like a charm and it dies after windows restart after 100% flashing bios? it's been a long time ago but today i gonna still try to resurrect that damn thing

Comment

Hi everyone, have issue with bios bin file which is approx 8M size while Pm25LD512 is approx 6M, I get error file is too big, or I make some mistake

Comment

Working...
                                      X