HP Elitebook 820 G1 - Still BIOS password after flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Elitebook 820 G1 Bios Password Reset

dont make any changes in bios chip just simply make a backup and post that locked dump here some one will unlock it for you

Comment

Hi!
      Thanks for the reply.
      I was able to pull the data of u366.
      However i wasnt able to pull anything of U365 (25q128a 13eco).
      I read somewhere else this was needed as well.
      Any suggestions on what software i should use if necessary?
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker123 View Post
        Heres my backup, can someone help me to disable password?
        Here
        Techman1025
        Attached Files

Comment

Re: HP Elitebook 820 G1 - Still BIOS password after flash

Hi, wich is the good bios to flash please ? The rar files gives two bios, U365 and u366. Different sizes, the first is 16 Mo !

And, why is there 2 bin files please ?$
          Thanks

Julien

Comment

Originally posted by jasko_jacker View Post
            to remove password you should reprogramm ec eprom and bios eprom with a dump taken from the same machine.
            This method works only if a bios password is enabled, if someone has enabled other protect measure, stored on tpm chip you need to solder this chip taken from a donor board, with its ec and bios firmware
            Hi, where is the link that shows exactly how to "dump" and "reprogram" ?

Please ... I'm stucked on this since days . Thanks !
            Last edited by Viederland; 05-19-2021, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Viederland View Post
              Hi, where is the link that shows exactly how to "dump" and "reprogram" ?

Please ... I'm stucked on this since days . Thanks !
              post the full name and model of the laptop, the motherboard model and the bios backup ...

16 MB bios
              Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by silversweden View Post
                  Hi,

The problem is that the BIOS is password protected and i have been reading a lot of threads about this.

I bought the "USB Programmer CH341A Series Burner Chip 24 EEPROM BIOS Writer 25 SPI Flash". (had to wait about a month to get it...)

The BIOS i got from HP.

Since im good at electronics and soldering i desoldered the BIOS chip from the mother board without any problem.

Then i reprogrammed the new BIOS and resoldered the chip.

To my dissapointment the BIOS is still password protected.

How can i solve this, is the password stored somewhere else?

I have attatched the bios files, the "bios_backup.bin" is a backup of the bios.

I tested 2 different bios versions from HP and a 3d one which i found here in the forum somewhere.

What am i doing wrong?
                  Hello Friend, you are programing a wrong capesity BIOSfile. This file must be 16MB. To make a right file you need the old BIOS backup file which is sure 16MB. the update files are not complete. They miss some regions, specially ME region. You can make a correct file with the help of old dump file.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahoja View Post
                    Hello Friend, you are programing a wrong capesity BIOSfile. This file must be 16MB. To make a right file you need the old BIOS backup file which is sure 16MB. the update files are not complete. They miss some regions, specially ME region. You can make a correct file with the help of old dump file.
                    First of all after programing wrong BIOS, your Notebook will not show anything. If you are seeing a BIOS Password asked by the system means you have wrong chip prgramed. Insted of Main BIOS chip you too EC chip or your main bios chip is not programed at all and has the old BIOS. That is why you are experiencing a Password demand by system.

Comment

Hello I need help with a bios password removal.
                      I tried doing it myself with HPUnlocker, RCUnlocker and by hand editing hex but every time I flash any modded bios, my machine doesn't respond to the power button and my charging light flashes orange and white, when I first flashed my machine it actually started but the caps lock blinked 5 times which means general motherboard failure and now all I get is the flashing charging light when trying other modded bioses, original dump makes the machine start and work so it has something to do with the modded bios and not my machine. (maybe the bios contains some kind of crc??)
                      Tried clearing ME region too by replacing it with a known good one and also didn't help
                      (HP Elitebook 820 G1, 5CG4371KRW)
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Vesko356
                        Vesko356 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thread merged.
                        You must post under a related thread if it exists.

Originally posted by fdbnsmaz View Post
                      I tried doing it myself with HPUnlocker, RCUnlocker and by hand editing hex but every time I flash any modded bios, my machine doesn't respond to the power button and my charging light flashes orange and white, when I first flashed my machine it actually started but the caps lock blinked 5 times which means general motherboard failure and now all I get is the flashing charging light when trying other modded bioses, original dump makes the machine start and work so it has something to do with the modded bios and not my machine. (maybe the bios contains some kind of crc??)
                      Tried clearing ME region too by replacing it with a known good one and also didn't help
                      RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING
                      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...before-posting

You MUST:
                      • Provide the full machine model number, serial number (or Service tag, SNID) and the board model number (see https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88758 ) ,The serial number, make, full model number, motherboard model and revision (except QR codes) must be written/typed at your request as per the rules. Not as a picture, part of the file name and so on.
                      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by fdbnsmaz View Post
                        (HP Elitebook 820 G1, 5CG4371KRW)
                        AAA
                        Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                        Become a Badcaps supporter
                        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                        Thanks to all supporters.
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post

AAA
                          As I said in my post, those tools make my charging light flash orange and white, the "unlocked" bin you gave me did literally the same (no boot)

((Edit: issue solved, no more help needed))

Comment

Can someone help me unlock bios please ?

Hewlett-Packard HP EliteBook 820 G1
                            F3S82EC#ABD
                            5CG5101XRT

Comment

Working...
                          X