Clevo n240lu bios too big

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clevo n240lu bios too big

Hello i have an Clevo N240lu from a friend that doesn't start anymore. It power on but not display black screen and after few seconds fan spin at full speed.
    I have try to replace ram on both slots but nothing so i think the bios is possibly corrupted.
    I have backup the bios and download a new one on the clevo website but the size is too big.
    Could you help me to have the good size bios ?
    Thanks.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by eukal View Post
    Hello i have an Clevo N240lu from a friend that doesn't start anymore. It power on but not display black screen and after few seconds fan spin at full speed.
    I have try to replace ram on both slots but nothing so i think the bios is possibly corrupted.
    I have backup the bios and download a new one on the clevo website but the size is too big.
    Could you help me to have the good size bios ?
    Thanks.
    Your bios backup is 1MB should be 8MB, so either you've dumped the wrong chip, or the chip is not read properly. Try again. Post SPI chip markings.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.​
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post

Your bios backup is 1MB should be 8MB, so either you've dumped the wrong chip, or the chip is not read properly. Try again. Post SPI chip markings.
      Hello, My bad, wrong ch341a software . Here is a good backup and i have succes to flash the clevo website bios.

Now the laptop stay on but always with fan at full speed and no picture. All power supply is up and running. Bios pin have 1.8v except pin 4 abd 7 so i thin no bios problem am i right ?

I doesn't find any other n240lu bios file, only the file of clevo website, just other on vinafix but i'm not no registered.

And no shortcut on the board.

In the zip file from clevo there are an ec file, i think i doesn't need them but maybee i'm wrong ? Peraphs with bios update i have to update this ec file ? If yes is this possible with ch341a ?

Thanks for any help.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by eukal View Post

I doesn't find any other n240lu bios file, only the file of clevo website...
        BIOS guides, methods, resources and tools

6.2.1. Clevo
        No bios downloads at official support page.
        See: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...89&postcount=2
        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
        Become a Badcaps supporter
        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
        Thanks to all supporters.​
        Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Thanks for this very quick answer i will try these bios from the older to newer and check if one is working and come back to tell the result.

Comment

Hello i have try all bios from the repo but no luck always the laptop start, black screen and the fan speed up quickly and turn at full speed. Peraphs the ec chip but i have not the progammer to try flashing it. I have verify the board but found nothing suspect.
            If you have another idea thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
            X