• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking For Working BIOS of LENOVO LEGION 5 15ITH6

LENOVO LEGION 5 15ITH6
    S/N PF2SAXHJ
    MTM 82JK0001CC

The laptop won't boot. It restarts over and over again, because a hidden BIOS setting - BLCK, was changed from 100 to more than 120+.
    Need a working bios

Attached files are original dump files from two separate chips on the laptop, and also the BIOS installation file from Lenovo. Wish it helps.

Thanks!

Attached Files
  • Answer selected by mmy101 at 12-28-2023, 07:50 PM.

Originally posted by mmy101 View Post
    LENOVO LEGION 5 15ITH6
    S/N PF2SAXHJ
    MTM 82JK0001CC

The laptop won't boot. It restarts over and over again, because a hidden BIOS setting - BLCK, was changed from 100 to more than 120+.
    Need a working bios

Attached files are original dump files from two separate chips on the laptop, and also the BIOS installation file from Lenovo. Wish it helps.

Thanks!
    Legion 5-15ITH6 Laptop (Lenovo) - Type 82JK

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mmy101 View Post
      LENOVO LEGION 5 15ITH6
      S/N PF2SAXHJ
      MTM 82JK0001CC

Need a working bios

Thanks!

Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
      Become a Badcaps supporter
      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
      Thanks to all supporters.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post

Thank you so much, it works!!

Following is what i went through using the provided Bios files to fix the laptop, if anyone is interested in the process.

Background: I had no experience on flashing bios using programmer at all.
        Programmer: CH341A
        Flasher Application: NeoProgrammer

Two Bios Chips.
        16MByte Bios Chip: XMC - XM25QH128AHIG
        8MByte Bios Chip: WINBOND - 25R64JVSIQ

Somehow I could not find any application which can detect the XMC chip. However, I selected a random model name with configuration 128 Mbits/16 MByte/256 Page, specifically, W25Q128xV from NeoProgrammer application, and flashed the chip successfully.

Initially, I failed to flash both two bios chips no matter what flash app I use, these applications can both write and verify at the same time, but they always fail for verification. Then I disabled the verification process during flashing, but still failed to write the bios file to both chips properly.
        Fortunately, I managed to flash the bios chips by erasing the bios chips completely first before trying to write&verify.

Comment

Working...
        X