Sony VPCSB (MBX-237) dead after bios flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony VPCSB (MBX-237) dead after bios flash

Hey OrientalSniper. Have you got any news ? Did you find the faulty component? I have exactly the same problem here.. Been working on it for 3 days now, Do you have any reading on the r460 next to SN0608098 ? I have zero.

Comment

Hello, I've ordered about 3 motherboards, maybe docking board was bad or the motherboards were defective, in the end I gave up and filed it under the X-Files and lost about $175, ending up in the negatives.

Comment

Originally posted by derattes View Post
        Hey OrientalSniper. Have you got any news ? Did you find the faulty component? I have exactly the same problem here.. Been working on it for 3 days now, Do you have any reading on the r460 next to SN0608098 ? I have zero.
        Hi, derrattes, if you have all other voltages in your motherboard, (+3VALW, and +5VALW) could be, we can repair all problems you, both, have.
        As I can see from schematic, (page 43) r460 receives the signal SUS_ON from pin L1 of chip U16. (IC MEC1609-PZP)
        If this signal (3 volts when is active) is not there, could be, U16 is damaged or is not having +ECVCC and +3VALW in its pins C4 and F1---H9 respectively.
        Also check xtal (Y4), and reprogram bios chip, (U6) if needed.
        Post results.
        Good luck

Comment

As I can see from schematic, (page 43) r460 receives the signal SUS_ON from pin L1 of chip U16.
          I thought r460 was a resistance, not a mosfet, so what I have written about, is nothing to take into account.

Comment

Is there any way I can test the powerboard cnx458? Also, I have 2v on pin6 of SN0608098 and 0v on pin7 of SN0608098. Any ideas?

Comment

Is there any way I can test the powerboard cnx458? Also, I have 2v on pin6 of SN0608098 and 0v on pin7 of SN0608098. Any ideas?
              cnx458 is not mention in the schematic we have.
              If you have only 2v on pin6 of SN0608098, then you should check the voltage on pin 1 of PR324. (BQ24725_VCC_R)
              Also check if SN0608098 is getting hot. (also PR324 could be open)
              This voltage came from pin 80 of CN9. This connector came from a board that we haven't the schematic.

Comment

Any advance in this Sony?

Comment

Hi, Francisco.s , after replacing pr324(which was open) I now have 19v on pin6 of SN0608098 and still 0v on pin7 of SN0608098. Also, SN0608098 is not getting hot... Any suggestions?
                  thank you very much for your help!

Comment

Hi, Francisco.s , after replacing pr324(which was open) I now have 19v on pin6 of SN0608098 and still 0v on pin7 of SN0608098. Also, SN0608098 is not getting hot... Any suggestions?
                    thank you very much for your help!
                    If pr324 was open, is due to the pwm IC SN0608098, change it and post results.

Comment

Do you think I can replace SN608090 with a SL6236 ?

Comment

Do you think I can replace SN608090 with a SL6236 ?
                        Yes, if you donĀ“t have the original one, you can replace it with an ISL6236.

Comment

I've just replaced SN608098 with a ISL6236 but still have 19v on pin 6 and 0v on pin 7 . I really dont know where to go from here...

Comment

I've just replaced SN608098 with a ISL6236 but still have 19v on pin 6 and 0v on pin 7 . I really dont know where to go from here...
                            Check PC205 for short-circuit or low resistance.
                            If you have 19 volts on pin 6 of SN0608098RHBR, then, there must be +5VALW_LDO on pin 7.

Comment

I agree. There should be 5v on pin 7, however for some reason it gives 0v on pin 7 . Perhaps the ISL6236 is not 100% equivalent?
                              The power board connected to motherboard has 0.56v in all pins of the small connector and 0.56v in the first pin of the large connector(I bought this powerboard from ebay) , I wonder if this is the correct reading? Shouldn't it have 5v in each connector?

Thank you very much for your help Francisco.S !

Comment

I agree. There should be 5v on pin 7, however for some reason it gives 0v on pin 7 . Perhaps the ISL6236 is not 100% equivalent?
                                The power board connected to motherboard has 0.56v in all pins of the small connector and 0.56v in the first pin of the large connector(I bought this powerboard from ebay) , I wonder if this is the correct reading? Shouldn't it have 5v in each connector?

Thank you very much for your help Francisco.S !
                                I know those chips are equivalent.
                                I haven't any motherboard (mbx-237) to check the connector.
                                Have you check PC205 for short-circuit or low resistance?

Comment

I replaced pc205 but still same thing ...pin6=19v, pin7=0v .

Comment

I replaced pc205 but still same thing ...pin6=19v, pin7=0v .
                                    Be sure the solders of the chip are in good contact with pcb, and tell us the resistance between pin 7 and gnd.

Comment

Hi Francisco, sorry about the late reply, resistance betw. pin7 and ground is 2.3 ohm. thanks again.

Comment

Hi Francisco, sorry about the late reply, resistance betw. pin7 and ground is 2.3 ohm. thanks again.
                                        Of course, this value is totally wrong and is indicating a leaky component.(probably a capacitor, but anything connected in this node, could be the culprit)
                                        Have a look to PU9.
                                        Last edited by Francisco.s; 10-20-2013, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Francisco.s View Post
                                          Of course, this value is totally wrong and is indicating a leaky component.(probably a capacitor, but anything connected in this node, could be the culprit)
                                          Have a look to PU9.
                                          Hello, my name is dani and also I have problems with this board. You speak of pu9 but I can not find it, I know it's the at5208-3.3ker, but I where they locate on the plate?
                                          Thank you very much

Comment

Working...
                                          X