Help find BIOS MSI MS-14B1 match with my board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help find BIOS MSI MS-14B1 match with my board

hi guys, I have laptop MSI MS-14B1 with multiple short to ground, after replace few IC that short, I've manage to no short on board, tried to turn on board only power led light up and fan spin no display on screen, tried to flash bios and KB IC with file from this forum but still no luck, in MSI webpage there 4 version for this model and i confuse which model that i have, so can you guys please help me bios + EC file that match with board I have.

MS-14B11 V.1.0

I have the original backup BIOS + EC, maybe this helping.

thank you.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-16-2023, 09:36 AM. Reason: added extrnal images to badcaps

Re: Help find BIOS MSI MS-14B1 match with my board

Originally posted by wyde666 View Post
    hi guys, I have laptop MSI MS-14B1 with multiple short to ground, after replace few IC that short, I've manage to no short on board, tried to turn on board only power led light up and fan spin no display on screen, tried to flash bios and KB IC with file from this forum but still no luck, in MSI webpage there 4 version for this model and i confuse which model that i have, so can you guys please help me bios + EC file that match with board I have.

MS-14B11 V.1.0

I have the original backup BIOS + EC, maybe this helping.

thank you.
    RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570

POST SERIAL NUMBER/SERVICE TAG:-

All donations to badcaps are welcome,see the donate button at the bottom of the page,or click on this link to donate via PayPal. Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

for Serial Number or Service Tag i cannot figure it out because label is not readable anymore (see attachment)

and i only find number on motherboard but not sure is the serial number or not (see attachment)

after see spec from MSI website my model is either PS42 8M or PS42 Modern 8MO because i have 40W adapter and this board dont have nvidia graphics chip.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wyde666 View Post
        for serial number or service tag i cannot figure it out because label is not readable anymore (see attachment)

and i only find number on motherboard but not sure is the serial number or not (see attachment)

after see spec from msi website my model is either ps42 8m or ps42 modern 8mo because i have 40w adapter and this board dont have nvidia graphics chip.
        here is your new bios 128kb ec+8mb main bios
        model was ps42 8m
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by qayyum786 View Post
          model was ps42 8m
          thank you sir, will try it and post here for updates.

Comment

Originally posted by qayyum786 View Post
            model was ps42 8m
            DMI 260000 - 26FFFF
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Working...
            X