Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Folio 1040 G1 corrupted bios - new bios flash, unable to update DMI

Hello all,

I'm facing a strange issue, I do have my old bios where i can find some information about the laptop SN, build and so on for the DMI encoding.

I did flash a new bios on the laptop and i have tried all the tools found everywhere on this forum and other forums but i'm unable to update all DMI info in the BIOS. I still get an error saying "Warning: Machine is not in committed state".

Could somebody guide me on this or maybe help? I'm really hoping to find a way out of this bios thing...

See attached old bios (corrupted for some parts in it. I did replace the chip as it was bad) and new one.

Thanks a lot!
    Attached Files

Re: HP Folio 1040 G1 corrupted bios - new bios flash, unable to update DMI

Originally posted by Kashi1712 View Post
    Hello all,

I'm facing a strange issue, I do have my old bios where i can find some information about the laptop SN, build and so on for the DMI encoding.

I did flash a new bios on the laptop and i have tried all the tools found everywhere on this forum and other forums but i'm unable to update all DMI info in the BIOS. I still get an error saying "Warning: Machine is not in committed state".

Could somebody guide me on this or maybe help? I'm really hoping to find a way out of this bios thing...

See attached old bios (corrupted for some parts in it. I did replace the chip as it was bad) and new one.

Thanks a lot!
    Have you tried cleaning the ME firmware.
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
      Have you tried cleaning the ME firmware.
      That's the last thing i haven't tried, trying to understand howto perform this kind of procedure, any suggestion for this on howto?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Kashi1712 View Post
        That's the last thing i haven't tried, trying to understand howto perform this kind of procedure, any suggestion for this on howto?

Thanks!
        BIOS guides, methods, resources and tools:
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103526

2. How to clean ME/TXE region
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
        Become a Badcaps supporter
        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
        Thanks to all supporters.​
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
          BIOS guides, methods, resources and tools:
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103526

2. How to clean ME/TXE region
          Thanks ! Did follow the procedure, clean the ME and still have the message telling me that machine in not in comitted state

Comment

Working...
          X