Need help rewrite Lenovo T490s System board serial number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help rewrite Lenovo T490s System board serial number

Hi. Lenovo T490s. Need remove bios password. I removed it by erase mec, but now can not repair System board serial number. Can anybody say what lenght it must be? Serial number and modelr repair sucefull, but neet repair it, because show INVALID. Thnaks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-09-2023, 06:26 AM. Reason: added "T490s" to thread title

Re: Need help rewrite Lenovo System board serial number

Originally posted by stylius View Post
    Hi. Lenovo T490s. Need remove bios password. I removed it by erase mec, but now can not repair System board serial number. Can anybody say what lenght it must be? Serial number and modelr repair sucefull, but neet repair it, because show INVALID. Thnaks
    seek, and you will find https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...t=Lenovo+T490s

Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-09-2023, 06:28 AM.
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Re: Need help rewrite Lenovo T490s System board serial number

I do all this, i can not solve only board serial number.

Comment

Re: Need help rewrite Lenovo T490s System board serial number

same problem here: I know that you can enter the system board serial number by using the B0 option, but I don't know the syntax of the expected string. It's not just the system board serial number.

Comment

Hello, I unlocked my first t490s with RT809H Programmer

Now its unlocked but I am unable to edit anything back in to the bios setup
          I have tried ThinkPad Config Information Update Utility v1.11 - n1ctm07w(v1.11)
          and a few other apps I keep getting , The string length of the argument is not correct.

I took a picture before unlocking I have all the right info to put back.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong I have been at it all day trying to do this

any help would be great thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	string length.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	3161027

Name:	unnamed2.png
Views:	383
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	3161026

Comment

• Dan20701
            Dan20701 commented
            Editing a comment
            Do I need to leave the 10k in program mode?

I have got it to work now, I am just having problems setting the system board serial number, got it down to 1 beep.

Comment

• Maxpower3
            Maxpower3 commented
            Editing a comment
            you must put long number, not just serial
            You need to make a copy before unlocking. Make a photo or save it is better.
            Last edited by Maxpower3; 12-11-2023, 03:19 PM.

Hello Maxpower3, where would I have found this long number or how do I make it up?
          I have looked in the 256mb main bios and the same number I have is in there too its no longer.
          I found how to do the other with the 1S and type 20NY then the S:N. I am struggling with this other one.
          Thanks.

Name:	Screenshot 2023-12-12 000141.png
Views:	237
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	3161170

Comment

with barcode on bottom
            Click image for larger version  Name:	406334186_767932075172612_7160169050921172100_n.jpg Views:	2 Size:	283.9 KB ID:	3161270
            Last edited by Maxpower3; 12-12-2023, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Hello mate I don't think you been understanding me, its the system board serial number I need help with.
              how do I do that one mate. Thanks.

Name:	Screenshot 2023-12-12 090525.png
Views:	225
Size:	257.5 KB
ID:	3161339

Comment

Its took me a long time but I am now done thank you, its all sorted and working good.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan20701 View Post
                  Its took me a long time but I am now done thank you, its all sorted and working good.
                  Well maybe share it for others so they know how to fix the problem rather then just saying you sorted it after a long time

Comment

(01) Add your Serial Number.

Put, 1S, In front, Then the, Type from the sticker, 20NY S11B00, Then the Serial Number, PC1BBS4M

1S 20NY S11B00 PC1BBS4M (No Spacers)

(02) Set the Laptop Name, ThinkPad T490s

(03) You will find an option to assign UUID which will automatically update the system board serial number.

Worked for me there is no more beeps on bootup. Thanks for you info.

Comment

Working...
                    X