late 2013 13" Macbook pro firmware password HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

late 2013 13" Macbook pro firmware password HELP

I have done many of these over several years, But its been some time since the last time.

Normally I dump the rom 3-5 times and compare before anything else
    Which I do have clean dumps, then I would search for $SVS and ff ff out every thing that follows that including the $SVS all the way down to the next large series of ff ff

Upon 1st boot I will zap pram a few times, Password IS GONE
    yet the laptop is acting strange, powers off all of a sudden for no apparent reason.
    Besides that, the trackpad clicker does not work in internet recovery and other odd things.
    Maybe I remove part of the config? IDK
    For some reason it seemed like I had to ff out much more than I recall doing in the past, maybe I took too much out.
    Nonetheless, can someone just remove the password from this LOCKED dump, Once done I will compare with my work to see where I screwed up.

Thank you.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cyber16; 01-31-2023, 07:19 PM.

Re: late 2013 13" Macbook pro firmware password HELP

Originally posted by cyber16 View Post
    i have done many of these over several years, but its been some time since the last time.

Normally i dump the rom 3-5 times and compare before anything else
    which i do have clean dumps, then i would search for $svs and ff ff out every thing that follows that including the $svs all the way down to the next large series of ff ff

upon 1st boot i will zap pram a few times, password is gone
    yet the laptop is acting strange, powers off all of a sudden for no apparent reason.
    Besides that, the trackpad clicker does not work in internet recovery and other odd things.
    Maybe i remove part of the config? Idk
    for some reason it seemed like i had to ff out much more than i recall doing in the past, maybe i took too much out.
    Nonetheless, can someone just remove the password from this locked dump, once done i will compare with my work to see where i screwed up.

Thank you.
    try this and let me know
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you, I will reply back once I write it, it will be a couple hours

Comment

Error: Image size (8388672 B) doesn't match the expected size (8388608 B)

No size error if I write back the original locked dump

Comment

Error: Image size (8388672 B) doesn't match the expected size (8388608 B)

No size error if I write back the original locked dump
          read the original bios again and post again.. the laptop works strangely before deleting the password or after deleting the password..
          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

No the laptop appeared to work just fine there is no liquid damage or anything like that. It would actually boot right into OS.

I've noticed it's even got a power on issue now it's intermittent trying to get it to power on just to do a read and write with MY diy unlocked bin, with these particular MacBook Pros I learned a while ago you're powered on until you hear the chime and then press and hold the power button and do your reading write at that time.

Like I said I check summed all the dumps to make sure they were identical/clean
            Last edited by cyber16; 02-01-2023, 08:53 AM.

Comment

No the laptop appeared to work just fine there is no liquid damage or anything like that. It would actually boot right into OS.

I've noticed it's even got a power on issue now it's intermittent trying to get it to power on just to do a read and write with MY diy unlocked bin, with these particular MacBook Pros I learned a while ago you're powered on until you hear the chime and then press and hold the power button and do your reading write at that time.

Like I said I check summed all the dumps to make sure they were identical/clean
              post the full name and model of the EMC laptop, motherboard model, serial number S/N, ETC
              Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

late 2013 macbook pro 13.3"
                Model A1502
                ECM 2678
                SN C02LGAEHFGYY
                i5 2.4GHz
                4GB
                128GB Fast Storage

Actual logic board model number appears to be on the other side of the board sandwiched under the keyboard.

I am attaching a locked bin
                As well as my DIY unlock that is causing a bunch of issues.
                Attached Files

Comment

late 2013 macbook pro 13.3"
                  Model A1502
                  ECM 2678
                  SN C02LGAEHFGYY
                  i5 2.4GHz
                  4GB
                  128GB Fast Storage

Actual logic board model number appears to be on the other side of the board sandwiched under the keyboard.

I am attaching a locked bin
                  As well as my DIY unlock that is causing a bunch of issues.
                  try this..
                  Attached Files

Comment

THANK YOU SIR
                    That appears as it resolved issue, now I need to do some comparison to figure out what the heck I did wrong. I've unlocked many over the years I came from ghostlyhaks I've had a few of their clips use on a raspberry PI 3 over all these years.
                    It just appeared that there was an awful lot of data following that $SVS until the next zeroed out area of size.

Comment

THANK YOU SIR
                      That appears as it resolved issue, now I need to do some comparison to figure out what the heck I did wrong. I've unlocked many over the years I came from ghostlyhaks I've had a few of their clips use on a raspberry PI 3 over all these years.
                      It just appeared that there was an awful lot of data following that $SVS until the next zeroed out area of size.
                      you deleted too much..

Comment

Working...
                      X