Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A1466 / 820-3437-B / only starts on the 3rd attempt

Hi,

I'm trying to detect a strange anomaly that keeps repeating itself in the same way.
    If i press the power button, the fan spins 1/4 and stops. I press the button again, and the fan spins normaly, but there is no boot. Then i force it to shutdown, and press the button for the 3r time, and the machine boots normaly.

If i let the macbook turned off for about 20/30 min, the anomaly comes again, and i have to do all again to make it boots.

I already tried an SMC from a donor logic board and dump a clean firmware to the EFI ic, but the problem always remains the same.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem?

Best regards.

Re: A1466 / 820-3437-B / only starts on the 3rd attempt

Originally posted by GfilipeZ View Post
    Hi,

I'm trying to detect a strange anomaly that keeps repeating itself in the same way.
    If i press the power button, the fan spins 1/4 and stops. I press the button again, and the fan spins normaly, but there is no boot. Then i force it to shutdown, and press the button for the 3r time, and the machine boots normaly.

If i let the macbook turned off for about 20/30 min, the anomaly comes again, and i have to do all again to make it boots.

I already tried an SMC from a donor logic board and dump a clean firmware to the EFI ic, but the problem always remains the same.

Best regards.

Hi,

Any idea?

Comment

Check for presence of PP3V3_S5_AVREF_SMC. If it's missing, usually a shorted cap next to the SMC. If this is missing, board will only start in SMC Bypass mode which sounds like what you are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by GfilipeZ View Post
        Hi,

Best regards.
        I dumped another file with clean firmware to the EFI ic, and restored the Mac OS. Don't ask me how, but, solved my problem.

Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
        X