Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASUS ROG G14 (GA401) battery spark, dead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ASUS ROG G14 (GA401) battery spark, dead.

You can inject on the capacitor from the phase pin

Comment

Originally posted by Stevedb View Post
      Yes you need to get system side of the capacitor which is not connected to ground.
      And how do I find that side, when both sides are shorted to ground?

Comment

You can inject on the capacitor from the phase pin
        One side of the cap is shorted to ground, the other is not.

Comment

By the way do not power the machine up with missing bq chip.

Comment

By the way do not power the machine up with missing bq chip.
            I wont But still not sure where to inject voltage

Comment

You can inject on the current sensor if. He is also shorted. I think so because yousaid the mosfets are shorted to ground and capacitors also.

Comment

You can inject on the current sensor if. He is also shorted. I think so because yousaid the mosfets are shorted to ground and capacitors also.
                ? The current sensor? Thought I should inject voltage at the phase pin side of the capacitor?

Comment

On your picture you say everything is shorted the capacitors all squares are shorted you said. So the easiest place is a big capacitor on the side those three orthe current sensor r010 from the battery section the green one not the current sensor from dcin mosfetts to be clear. Those capacitor and source mosfets join all the same pad that i can see on the picture.
                  Attached Files

Comment

On your picture you say everything is shorted the capacitors all squares are shorted you said. So the easiest place is a big capacitor on the side those three orthe current sensor r010 from the battery section the green one not the current sensor from dcin mosfetts to be clear. Those capacitor and source mosfets join all the same pad that i can see on the picture.
                    Thanks,
                    How do I identify which side is system side, and ground side on those capacitors when they are shorted?

Comment

Current sensor track will not be ground . Also you can measure the two sides one will be lower value then the other lowest value will be ground, you measure ground black probe ant the other red one to the capacitor.

Comment

Current sensor track will not be ground . Also you can measure the two sides one will be lower value then the other lowest value will be ground, you measure ground black probe ant the other red one to the capacitor.
                        Couldn't really measure any difference between left or right side on caps, so I traced the positive input of the battery connector, and connected a cap from that direction.

1.2V 2A draw, and nothing gets hot, at least not something that shows up on the thermal cam. Should I increase amperage?

Soldered a wire to the cap, so it would be easier to inject with the board flipped.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by jacobtc; 04-28-2022, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Yes you can but 1v please and use thicker wires you must see when you inject voltage the voltage the amerage not get lost in the wires, the amerages the heat so best measure you realy inject 1v on the line.

Comment

Yes you can but 1v please and use thicker wires you must see when you inject voltage the voltage the amerage not get lost in the wires, the amerages the heat so best measure you realy inject 1v on the line.
                            Okay, I'll try 1V 3A.

Comment

At 1V 4A this mosfet becomes a little warmer than the rest. And the green R010 resister also gets hot on one side.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by jacobtc; 04-28-2022, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Resistor is fine nothing else then the mosfet on the all board. Ok remove the mosfet and see if short is gone.

Comment

Resistor is fine nothing else then the mosfet on the all board. Ok remove the mosfet and see if short is gone.
                                  What I'm wondering is why it only gets to 32C, ambient is 28C... Shouldn't it get hotter with a 4A draw?

Comment

Did you check all the board? Both sides? If nothing getting hot anymore. Probably you raise rhe voltage it will be hotter. But i would remove the mosfet and see the short is gone. You sent 4w power in the board is not zmso much.

Comment

Did you check all the board? Both sides? If nothing getting hot anymore. Probably you raise rhe voltage it will be hotter. But i would remove the mosfet and see the short is gone. You sent 4w power in the board is not zmso much.
                                      Yeah, checked both sides, the hotspot is coming from the mosfet, the other side has no components in that area.

Comment

Ok removed it

Comment

If the mosfet is shorted then you need to replace all the mosfets high and low side mosfet. This is typical shematic from your chip. So you have an idea what we dealing with
                                          Attached Files
                                          Last edited by Stevedb; 04-29-2022, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X