Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toshiba Satellite - Locks up when plugged in

Success.
    I ordered 4 330uf from here: http://www.mobofix.info/loja/product.php?id_product=262
    It was a little hard to solder this, but now the board posts.
    Then I tried booting to windows and worked fine from the charger only, but then started making a buzzing noise.
    Is it normal?

Comment

Originally posted by Napalm View Post
      Success.
      I ordered 4 330uf from here: http://www.mobofix.info/loja/product.php?id_product=262
      It was a little hard to solder this, but now the board posts.
      Then I tried booting to windows and worked fine from the charger only, but then started making a buzzing noise.
      Is it normal?
      Well done.
      I hear a low level buzzing from some of these laptops also. I found it to be coming from the Vcore regulator area when the Vcore voltage starts rapidly shifting between two levels for power saving.

Comment

Hi
        I've got 2 satellite laptops (M205 and an A305) with the same problem of restarting while plugged into AC power (& running no problem on battery). With M205 sometimes also the display becomes just all colored/horizontal lines. I'm hoping that replacing the caps will fix both laps.

I'm seeing several variations here on which caps to use. I'm looking at ordering these ones here: 330UF 2.5V D 7343-31 SMD Tantalum capacitor SMT337

Can someone tell me if these should do the job for both laps ? I'm looking at getting 2 sets of these and using 4 on each laptop.

And some description of the soldering process would be helpful. Do you just put a couple drops of solder on the board and then put the cap in place ?

Thanks

Comment

I cant find their part number. The D 7343-31, is just the number for the case size. Maybe someone else can spot the part number.

Comment

There is a lot to explaining how to solder. Its best to search the internet about "SMD soldering".

Comment

This solution works but instead of using 4 330 caps i used 6 220's.

L300 working like new now. . .
              Attached Files

Comment

Can this work on Toshiba Satellite L300 1A3 System Unit with NEC problems.

Link below:
                http://philippines.rs-online.com/web...itors/7372838/

Comment

Originally posted by teknub View Post
                  Can this work on Toshiba Satellite L300 1A3 System Unit with NEC problems.

Link below:
                  http://philippines.rs-online.com/web...itors/7372838/
                  Four of those should work although the ESR should be a bit lower.
                  Most others use four 330uf capacitors. There could be an ESR advantage in using more of a lower value capacitor, like six 220uf.
                  Last edited by rievax_60; 03-25-2013, 02:47 AM.

Comment

The best choice would be four NTP337M2.5TRV(9)F. The (9) in the part number indicates the ESR. Lower is better.
                    Edit- I just noticed they dont stock the NTP337M2.5TRV(9)F. The NTP337M2.5TRV(12)F will have to do.
                    Last edited by rievax_60; 03-25-2013, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Thanks reivax_60 I'll try to acquire that.

Comment

hi, I have L350 toshiba satellite i replace NEC/TOKIN 0E128 with 4pcs 330uf 2.5v (panasonic EEFSX0E331ER) caps and it works, thank you,

Comment

Originally posted by Sindong View Post
                          This solution works but instead of using 4 330 caps i used 6 220's.

L300 working like new now. . .
                          Never seen one of those capacitors. where did you get them?

Comment

I have just replaced the motherboard in my Toshiba Satellite L305, and would like to know if there is any way to prevent this capacitor from going bad again. Would it help to only plug the AC adapter in while the computer is powered off?

Comment

Originally posted by fddizon View Post
                              To me it looks like the capacitors are mounted on their sides.

Comment

Originally posted by bcohen View Post
                                I have just replaced the motherboard in my Toshiba Satellite L305, and would like to know if there is any way to prevent this capacitor from going bad again. Would it help to only plug the AC adapter in while the computer is powered off?
                                The only useful way I can think of is to keep the CPU temperature under control.
                                Not always easy to do when things like Internet explorer cause high CPU usage for no good reason.
                                Many faulty A200 laptops I see have blocked heatsink fins.
                                I like to set the fan control to Performance mode.
                                There may be other factors than can not be easily controlled such as high humidity. The nec/token capacitor is not sealed well.

Comment

Originally posted by fddizon View Post
                                  https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...447681cf7d.pdf
                                  http://www.adelaida.ro/c-330uf-2.5v-...panasonic.html

Comment

Which one is the better choice for A205
                                    T520V337M2R5ATE007 2.5 v or

T520V337M004ATE007 4 v ?

And how many should I get 4 pcs or 6 pcs ?
                                    thanks in advance for any input

Comment

Originally posted by juan23 View Post
                                      Which one is the better choice for A205
                                      T520V337M2R5ATE007 2.5 v or

T520V337M004ATE007 4 v ?

And how many should I get 4 pcs or 6 pcs ?
                                      thanks in advance for any input
                                      I have not used tantalum capacitors for myself. Others have no problems with 4 x 330uf.
                                      Although 2.5v is perfectly adequate, there is no problem with a higher voltage rating. The 4v version is cheaper at Mouser.

Comment

Originally posted by rievax_60 View Post
                                        To me it looks like the capacitors are mounted on their sides.
                                        hehehe... i took a good look and indeed mounted on their sides...lol
                                        thanks

Comment

Thanks all for the helpfull thread. I've successfully repaired a L305 with the instructions here provided.

Kudos.

Comment

Working...
                                          X