Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP 15 AC series AHL50/ABL52 LA C701P no video

Hi Chaps/Chapettes

I am attempting repair of wine damaged HP 15 AC series AHL50/ABL52 LA C701P. Have cleaned up the board and managed to restore power to CPU and fan and HD with all LEDs glowing and CPU heating up but have no power to screen which remains black.
    No LEDs are working in the lid either.
    Memory is fine and there was no liquid damage around chips except ENE keyboard controller.

Im very much an amateur and not electronics savvy but I like to try and repair things.

Could anyone point me in the right direction on what to look for please.

Thanks

Jimmy

Re: HP 15 AC series AHL50/ABL52 LA C701P no video

Originally posted by jimmymack View Post
    Hi Chaps/Chapettes

I am attempting repair of wine damaged HP 15 AC series AHL50/ABL52 LA C701P. Have cleaned up the board and managed to restore power to CPU and fan and HD with all LEDs glowing and CPU heating up but have no power to screen which remains black.
    Memory is fine and there was no liquid damage around chips except ENE keyboard controller.

Im very much an amateur and not electronics savvy but I like to try and repair things.

Thanks

Jimmy
    Yes for sure so back light and data missing on internal and external monitor ? Try external monitor then we know it's a internal problem ...then i would inspect display cable for any corrosion like wine at the connector or any burnt pins. is a good starting place. Also internal shine a flash light and see if you could see the data display logo anything ..then you know it's just a back light problem.
    Techman1025
    Last edited by techman1025; 07-03-2017, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Thanks Techman

Tried to connect external via only port which is HDMI with no success and the screen is definitely not on.
      Checked board and around connector but they seem good with no liquid ingress that I can see. Cleaned anyway with alcohol to be sure.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Did you try and force it to external by leaving the internal display cable unplugged.. Also any activity on keyboard or external mouse like if press caps locks any leds on keyboard light up or external mouse light up if not i would reflash the bios nexted...
        If all power rails have voltage . also check crystall 32KHZ
        Techman1025

Comment

Tried mouse no lights.
          Only keyboard light is one flash per 4 seconds on caps lock
          I dont have the tech to test the crystal.

I just checked again and there is no HD light on but power LED is lit and fan turns CPU is warm.

I have removed CMOS battery and replaced with no joy.

Does it look like a fried CPU/GPU?

Thanks

Comment

Hi Not CPU ...apply 100C to PCH ..or try and reflash bios.... this has the intergrated GPU
            Techman1025

Comment

Thanks for your help. Are you saying heat PCH to 100C????

Also how do i reflash bios with dead screen etc??

Comment

Thanks for your help. Are you saying heat PCH to 100C????

Also how do i reflash bios with dead screen etc??
                You would need to pull the Bios chip and use a external programmer is the way it's done ...And yes heats the PCH and see if screen comes back ...No more then 100C just for testing ..if it starts working it won't last really the chip would need replacement...
                Techman1025

Comment

Hi Chaps/Chapettes

Thanks

Jimmy
                  Hi Jimmy, could you upload your BIOS dump here? We've got the same problems - no display. Thank you.

Comment

Hi Chaps/Chapettes

Thanks

Jimmy
                    Hi Jimmy, could you upload your BIOS dump here? We've got the same problems - no display. Thank you.

Comment

this does not seem to be a BIOS problem.

Comment

Hi
                        Did you heat the pch chip 100C to see it come alive? If all voltage rails are there I say your problem is the PcH chip
                        Techman1025

Comment

You are going too far, the blinking light on keyboard cap lock is the gateway. "hp laptop caps lock blinking 4 times"
                          Google that n know what next

Comment

help me same model black screen but my hdmi is working im try go change LED monitor same problem it will come black after second it will turn off what is the problem?

Comment

Working...
                            X