Samsung Galaxy S6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Galaxy S6

Hi all, been perusing here for a while and up to now everything I've ever needed help with was already here.

but I'm in need of some assistance - I'm chasing a SMD diode (i think) for a Samsung galaxy s6 that has been wet and has burnt out the part.

I can't find a schematic anywhere and running out of ideas

If there's a more knowledgeable lad or ladette in here that can tell me what part I need or where to get a schematic would really make my week.

Samsung GS6 - Serial Number RF8H80G298W -
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6

With a quick look on my ZXW tool, that burnt solder pad that is under the black component labeled "JS" connects to that white cap to the upper left. You can see by the tracks on the board that they are connected, and it seems to be line "V_BATTERY" . I think if you clean up and scrape away the burnt part and try to create a joint, you can jump it with a short wire to that pad and you should be good. By the way the black component labeled "JS" comes up as part no. C7148...so I'm not sure if it's a cap or diode. Let me know how it goes!

Comment

Originally posted by Ty33 View Post
      With a quick look on my ZXW tool, that burnt solder pad that is under the black component labeled "JS" connects to that white cap to the upper left. You can see by the tracks on the board that they are connected, and it seems to be line "V_BATTERY" . I think if you clean up and scrape away the burnt part and try to create a joint, you can jump it with a short wire to that pad and you should be good. By the way the black component labeled "JS" comes up as part no. C7148...so I'm not sure if it's a cap or diode. Let me know how it goes!
      Just wondering do i need the part or will jumping it be a permanent solution?

if i physically remove the JS part and jump those connections it should be fine? or are you talking jump from the burnt side of JS to the white cap?

at most without a schematic i know JS is toast and im not sure of its function in the phone, whether i can jump it and itll work or ill toast other parts.

cheers

Comment

Check if the "JS" component is shorted to ground or not, then maybe you can do without replacing it. If it seems good then yes I would try jumping it from the burnt side of the component if theres any leg to solder onto.. lol. And to be honest I'm more familiar with iPhones than Samsungs so I wish I knew what that components function was, and if jumping its connections would be the right repair or not. There's actually 5 different versions of the S6 board in my ZXW file and I've just realized it for the first time...yikes! Yours seems to be version G920V. If JS is definitely toast then try a jump as a last resort if you're feelin' lucky. It doesn't appear to be connected to the CPU or any big BGA chips, just one very small 12 ball IC and some other component (HDC7000). Hope I helped at all and wish I could've gave better pointers, best of luck fam.
        Last edited by Ty33; 03-19-2017, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Is one end of that 'JS' connected to circuit ground?
          Never stop learning
          Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
          http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
            Is one end of that 'JS' connected to circuit ground?
            yes the right pad is connected to ground, I'm pretty sure that component needs to be replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by Ty33 View Post
              yes the right pad is connected to ground, I'm pretty sure that component needs to be replaced.
              if only i could find a schematic and see what you guys see, ill try and find a replacement part with the part number you provided earlier, I appreciate all your help see how i go thank you so much

Comment

Hi all, i haven't tried jumping the connections for fear of further damage, im still trying to find a replacement part rather than order a dead mobo from EBAY and try my luck i was hoping to get the exact part in new condition to help the situation. but i am unable to find a replacement anywhere seaching both for JS and C7148.. Im at my wits end :P didnt take long... pretty short wit tbh

Comment

looks like a big capacitor. why dont u use some? in big capacitors it is not much matter of capacity

Comment

Originally posted by mini-rooter View Post
                    Hi all, been perusing here for a while and up to now everything I've ever needed help with was already here.

but I'm in need of some assistance - I'm chasing a SMD diode (i think) for a Samsung galaxy s6 that has been wet and has burnt out the part.

I can't find a schematic anywhere and running out of ideas

If there's a more knowledgeable lad or ladette in here that can tell me what part I need or where to get a schematic would really make my week.

Samsung GS6 - Serial Number RF8H80G298W -
                    Hi you need to check for shematics for galaxy S6 SM-G928 models
                    I have shematics for Galaxy S6 SM-G920F i have search but it is not the same board.

Comment

Working...
                    X