Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DAH98NMB8C0 REV C HF need help

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    DAH98NMB8C0 REV C HF need help

    good day experts!
    i have huawei matebook d14
    DAH98NMB8C0 REV C HF

    the laptop works normaly when using it and charging
    the problem is when i shutdown the laptop and not using it, the part in the picture with red circle
    becomes so hot you cant even touch it, and it drains the battery quickly
    i cant find schematics for this laptop

    can someone tell me what is this part so i can replace it



    Attached Files

    #2
    this is the part
    2920u (sot23-5 marking)
    when laptop on and charging (normal)
    pin 1 vin = 16v battery voltage
    pin 2 GND
    pin 3 = 0.7v
    pin 4 = 0.9v
    pin 5 out = 3.3v

    when laptop off
    pin 1 vin = 16v battery voltage
    pin 2 GND
    pin 3 = 0v
    pin 4 = 1.2v
    pin 5 = 2.6v

    when laptop is off and charger plugged in (normal)
    pin 1 vin = 16v battery voltage
    pin 2 GND
    pin 3 = 0.7v
    pin 4 = 0.9v
    pin 5 out = 3.3v

    this part is so hot when laptop is off and charger unplugged

    i hope someone can help
    THANKS

    Comment


      #3
      can i replace it with this?
      Attached Files

      Comment


        #4
        Do not replace this part till more is known about the original.

        The last character of this part looks like a ‘7' ? Pour alcohol onto the top surface to gain clarity of the markings. Can you confirm?

        Comment


          #5
          its not my pic, CTTO, i only edit the video i got from the net, the part marking in mine is 2920u,
          forgot to take the picture in mine cause the owner took it and will return it to me when i have the parts

          Comment


            #6
            Remove all power. Meter in resistance mode (not diode mode). Measure the resistance to ground of each pin of this SOT23-5 package. The part may be getting hot due to an excessive loading of the output pin. Post each measurement.

            Comment


              #7
              ok i will try that, and post result
              thanks for the reply

              Comment


                #8
                I think it is part # G2920T11U by GMT but still working on a few leads. More later once at the office. Aliexpress has these.

                Comment


                  #9
                  resistance
                  test probe shorted 0.9ohm

                  test to gnd
                  pin 1 = 197.8 ohms
                  pin 2 = gnd
                  pin 3 = 99.0 ohms
                  pin 4 = 8.57 kohms
                  pin 5 = 13.19kohms

                  the test is no battery connected

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by mon2 View Post
                    I think it is part # G2920T11U by GMT but still working on a few leads. More later once at the office. Aliexpress has these.
                    thank you very much, but i cant find this in my location, theres no aliexpress here in the philippine
                    is there any equivalent to this chip?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Ok - found it. See attached.

                      From other board pics of a similar model:

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	other_boards.png
Views:	59
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	3246053


                      This is a HIGH VOLTAGE (for input) low current fixed LDO @ 3v3 output. Should be common to replace with others if the pinout can match.

                      Click image for larger version  Name:	pinout.png Views:	0 Size:	126.5 KB ID:	3246049


                      Datasheet:
                      Last edited by mon2; 04-02-2024, 06:39 AM.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by mon2 View Post
                        Ok - found it. See attached.

                        From other board pics of a similar model:

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	other_boards.png
Views:	59
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	3246053


                        This is a HIGH VOLTAGE (for input) low current fixed LDO @ 3v3 output. Should be common to replace with others if the pinout can match.

                        Click image for larger version Name:	pinout.png Views:	0 Size:	126.5 KB ID:	3246049


                        Datasheet:
                        is the ohms reading the same?

                        by the way thanks for you effort to help me

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I do not have this board but a similar one is in my database. The LP*** LDO is rated @ 50 mA but this one from GMT is rated @ 150 mA. You could try it if it is available to you but need to review the pinout functions.

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	pinout.png
Views:	51
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	3246082

                          My last post lost the datasheet - it is attached here.

                          G2920.GMT-1493-220214-0.6.pdf
                          Last edited by mon2; 04-02-2024, 07:39 AM.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by mon2 View Post
                            I do not have this board but a similar one is in my database. The LP*** LDO is rated @ 50 mA but this one from GMT is rated @ 150 mA. You could try it if it is available to you but need to review the pinout functions.

                            Click image for larger version

Name:	pinout.png
Views:	51
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	3246082

                            My last post lost the datasheet - it is attached here.

                            G2920.GMT-1493-220214-0.6.pdf
                            thank you for your help, i think my last option is to buy a faulty board here
                            cause there's no way i can get that part here.

                            i will post the result as soon as i replace that part

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Do you have access to Mouser or Digikey?

                              AliExpress can deliver the parts to your region?

                              We can locate a suitable replacement if needed. In the end. This is a fixed 3v3 ldo with an enable pin. The input must be tolerant to a high voltage like the battery or adapter voltage.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X