Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus FA507R no power, capacitor needed

Hello
    I've got an Asus laptop which received with no power, so I found that one capacitor been damaged. I don't have schematics for that board which is DANJMMB11A0 REV:A
    Without that caps laptop is turning on fine so problem more likely is sorted but I would like to put back the correct one as it should be.
    If any way could help with sorting out specification somehow, I just know that my meter shows 11,2uF but is it 50V or 10V ?? or any others.
    See attached photo off the capacitor, maybe someone have same motherboard and can check it for me please.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	2.74 MB
ID:	3241557

This is a bit like ‘Where's Waldo'. Not sure where the missing cap is on the shared pic but power it up. Meter in dc volts mode (20v or higher). Red meter probe on one capacitor pcb pad. Black meter probe to ground. What is the voltage? Repeat with the other pcb pad. Select a cap that is higher voltage rated than this rail. As a fyi, I recall reading how caps are tested by mainstream manufacturers at 3x their voltage rating.

Comment

No no, missing cap is marked with green circle, on the photo is still there but I removed it after. The voltage on that rail is 20v while charger connected.
      so Capacitor is 20v 12uF then? As I know it cant be lover than 20v right?

Comment

Need a new eyeglass prescription. My bad. If possible, review the size of this capacitor (LxW - the height is probably flexible for this region of the PCB) but from a quick glance, it appears to be a 1206 SMD size. Yes, select 25V or higher to be safe and you should be fine. The capacitor is probably 15uF or similar. Whatever is available in 1206; ceramic capacitor with 25v rating or higher @ 15uF or more will be fine here.

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/...M160AB/3951917

Comment

Thank you, I will find one from my donor boards 25v or higher and match the size. Probably be 1206 as you said.
          Just learned simple basics about caps voltage. - check the rail.!
          thanks

Comment

Working...
          X