Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to replace nec/tokin OE128 in laptop motherboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to replace nec/tokin OE128 in laptop motherboard?

Originally posted by spleenharvester View Post
    He said there's 10.3v across the caps - if that's in the processor power section something is seriously wrong.

Honestly I would just ditch the board at this point.
    U means, anyone couldn't repaire it now???
    U means, i would foam it???

Comment

Originally posted by masud View Post
      you just use 4 pcs of 330d (Not 330e or 330g or others). Must Work if there is only token problem.
      I already checked but 2 of 330d already putted of the co, when i putt 4 more they become 6 of 330d, there is any harm???

Comment

Originally posted by hitmen View Post
        U means, anyone couldn't repaire it now???
        U means, i would foam it???
        You should normally measure voltages With Respect To ground.

Comment

Then i putt battery and place positive line of multimeter on positive of battery and negative line place on different places of PCB of motherboard. I find, current is vary on most places but where was nec tokin there current is same means if battery current is 10.31v, it show 10.31 on both sides( and -) of the capacitors, capacitors, which are putted in the place of nec tokin.

RIEVAX_60 has got something there - in the above it appears you are just
          measuring the battery voltage. You will get 10.31vdc wherever you put the
          meter black lead on ground.
          Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

friends!!! What i do now?????

Comment

thanks a lot ....

Comment

can i use not smd capasitor ?

Comment

Originally posted by altcoms View Post
                  Yes, it is unlikely to work.

Comment

Once again I opened the laptop and remove all caps including 2 already putted 330d caps and clean it by petrol.

Then i put 6 caps of 330d including 2 which are already putted near nec tokin by co.

And I fitt alll its thing but When i press pwr on button it show same problem means indicators light up for 1/6 second and off immediately.

What is the problem could ????
                    Please guess??

Thanks in advance.

Comment

you may have another problem on the board. It looks, it is a clear Nec/tocin replacement.

Comment

Once again I opened the laptop and remove all caps including 2 already putted 330d caps and clean it by petrol.
                        Then i put 6 caps of 330d including 2 which are already putted near nec tokin by co.

And I fitt alll its thing but When i press pwr on button it show same problem means indicators light up for 1/6 second and off immediately.

What is the problem could ????
                        Please guess??

Thanks in advance.
                        Are the two outer strips under the NEC/TOKIN connected in the PCB?
                        Last edited by rievax_60; 11-09-2013, 03:41 PM.

Comment

I notice there are only a few vias in the copper area on the side with the two current shunt resistors.
                          I suspect the two sides are not connected.
                          Last edited by rievax_60; 11-09-2013, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by altcoms View Post
                            yes, you can.

Comment

desholder all the smd capacitors nearby the token and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by spidey View Post
                                you may have another problem on the board. It looks, it is a clear Nec/tocin replacement.
                                Now, what problem could???

Comment

Originally posted by masud View Post
                                  desholder all the smd capacitors nearby the token and see what happens.
                                  I already checked it by removing all the smd caps nearby tokin and i pres pwr button it show same problm, in the absence of caps and in the presence of caps.

Comment

Try another capacitor 330uf

Comment

I already checked it by removing all the smd caps nearby tokin and i pres pwr button it show same problm, in the absence of caps and in the presence of caps.
                                      This might sound like a stupid question. But I need to ask.
                                      Have you ever tried having the four capacitors fitted and short wire links joining the outer strips on the PCB, all at the same time?

Comment

Originally posted by rievax_60 View Post
                                        This might sound like a stupid question. But I need to ask.
                                        Have you ever tried having the four capacitors fitted and short wire links joining the outer strips on the PCB, all at the same time?
                                        Yes, but faced same problem. . . .

Comment

That should have worked. Did you take a picture of that arrangement?

Comment

Working...
                                          X