Acer Aspire 5920G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer Aspire 5920G

hello evryone. i am just offered by friend that acer laptop. he told me if i could find someone to repairing it he wants to sell me for an inexpensive price. so i just think maybe i could overlooks before i found someone payed to repair it. the problem is the lcd blank exactly, but when i turn it on, led around keyboard has a light. what is the problem with that result? i have checks battery, normal, then trying to charging and it shown a voltage.
    just a blank screen. i have open the flexible connector , tighten it also and tested again with no result.
    any suggest, advice really appreciated.. i don't have hot air so it seems like i have bring to others competence to repair it. so i want to know the problem first.
    "There is no shortcut to be successful. No pain, no gain."

Best Regards
    Rudi
    Thank You

Re: Acer Aspire 5920G

check for bad memory stick or a bad memory slot first

Comment

I repair that notebook.It got a 8600gt 521mb video card that you can take out .
      Go watch a movie on tube how to bake it at home :-)
      Go go go open it and repair it ,don't waste time .
      8 min -200c
      Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

Originally posted by trebo View Post
        check for bad memory stick or a bad memory slot first
        where is that slot exactly? i didn't have experience before to open a laptop..

Originally posted by dj_ricoh View Post
        I repair that notebook.It got a 8600gt 521mb video card that you can take out .
        Go watch a movie on tube how to bake it at home :-)
        Go go go open it and repair it ,don't waste time .
        8 min -200c
        maybe a link on youtube please?i don't have an experience before sir, maybe i couldn't repair it. and i don't have hot air too.. i just can make effort with simple way trying overlook it maybe has a unplug cables or the another's factor.

Best Regards
        Rudi
        Thank You

Comment

You can use a oven to bake it. Search "remove 5920G graphics card", search "graphics oven", search, search... Search! Don't expect us to do everything for you, we already pointed you in the right direction. Inexperienced as you are/were you could still do your homework at school, right? Same principle applies..

Cheers.
          Last edited by Learn2Day; 09-22-2013, 06:54 AM.
          Galaxy S6 Edge x2 (Gold&White)
          Asus GL552VW-i7 6700HQ|GTX 960M|15.6"FHD|16GB DDR4|512GB M.2 SSD+1TB SSD
          Clevo W230SD - i7 4710MQ|GTX960M|13"QHD+|16GB DDR3L|500GB+256GB mSATA SSD+1TB HDD

Try Harder!

Comment

Originally posted by Learn2Day View Post
            You can use a oven to bake it. Search "remove 5920G graphics card", search "graphics oven", search, search... Search! Don't expect us to do everything for you, we already pointed you in the right direction. Inexperienced as you are/were you could still do your homework at school, right? Same principle applies..

Cheers.
            i don't expect you do everything for me surely. but i just don't know where it is. also it is right to bake it??? i didn't hear before. doesn't makes it failed ??? btw im not a school boy anymore. im colleger for sure.
            Last edited by senz_90; 09-22-2013, 08:21 AM.

Best Regards
            Rudi
            Thank You

Comment

Solder joints start melt from 180c
              Type how to open aspire 5920g on YouTube
              Then you prepare the oven you have to preheat
              Make from Aluminium foil some stands so the card won't touch the ground when its hot
              Beware! those aluminium need to be in a clear zone of the card without components cuz when its hot it will move those components.
              If you have a big oven you need to preheat it for at list 20-30 main
              8 minutes and the oven set at 200 Celsius
              After let it cool just open the door
              Put it back with fresh new thermal compound and voila !!!!!
              Last edited by dj_ricoh; 09-22-2013, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by senz_90 View Post
                btw im not a school boy anymore. im colleger for sure.
                School or college boy apparently you can't bother to do your own homework, search and read yourself on what you don't know. You're lucky Ricoh spoon fed you with a noob proof "how to bake GPU for dummies", maybe you'll ask us also to burp you and rock the cradle next time..

Cheers.
                Galaxy S6 Edge x2 (Gold&White)
                Asus GL552VW-i7 6700HQ|GTX 960M|15.6"FHD|16GB DDR4|512GB M.2 SSD+1TB SSD
                Clevo W230SD - i7 4710MQ|GTX960M|13"QHD+|16GB DDR3L|500GB+256GB mSATA SSD+1TB HDD

Try Harder!

Comment

Solder joints start melt from 180c
                  Type how to open aspire 5920g on YouTube
                  Then you prepare the oven you have to preheat
                  Make from Aluminium foil some stands so the card won't touch the ground when its hot
                  Beware! those aluminium need to be in a clear zone of the card without components cuz when its hot it will move those components.
                  If you have a big oven you need to preheat it for at list 20-30 main
                  8 minutes and the oven set at 200 Celsius
                  After let it cool just open the door
                  Put it back with fresh new thermal compound and voila !!!!!
                  so the aluminium foils must have not connect or make any contact with the components? i have an oven but it is old school oven that hasn't degree adjustable or temperature setting..

Best Regards
                  Rudi
                  Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by Learn2Day View Post
                    School or college boy apparently you can't bother to do your own homework, search and read yourself on what you don't know. You're lucky Ricoh spoon fed you with a noob proof "how to bake GPU for dummies", maybe you'll ask us also to burp you and rock the cradle next time..

Cheers.
                    you know that what is all found by googling sometime's didn't proven anyway. of course i don't want to be feeding by others without any effort. but it is better to ask for help instead googling that lead me to the blind spot that is not proven anyway..

Best Regards
                    Rudi
                    Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by senz_90 View Post
                      so the aluminium foils must have not connect or make any contact with the components? i have an oven but it is old school oven that hasn't degree adjustable or temperature setting..
                      Usually ovens , medium or small ovens can go near 250 c . 200 c its like 75 -80%.
                      Test the oven with a spare board and check it with a temperature laser gun or a themp probe from a multimeter.
                      Experimenting on crap boards how to heat desolder solder its a good experience in this type of work. I already done my share in this department :-)

Comment

Usually ovens , medium or small ovens can go near 250 c . 200 c its like 75 -80%.
                        Test the oven with a spare board and check it with a temperature laser gun or a themp probe from a multimeter.
                        Experimenting on crap boards how to heat desolder solder its a good experience in this type of work. I already done my share in this department :-)
                        ok. got it. thank you.

Best Regards
                        Rudi
                        Thank You

Comment

Extra aluminium protection over the plastic connectors!!

Comment

Altough this solution is not really a solution. It will work for a couple of weeks, and you can do more damage than to ship it to somebody that knows what he's doin.

Comment

Originally posted by lord View Post
                              Altough this solution is not really a solution. It will work for a couple of weeks, and you can do more damage than to ship it to somebody that knows what he's doin.
                              yeah. i don't want anything going to melted. that's the question in my head. i have ever read that just not last long. we just reflow it. btw is that better way like purchase the new one card? maybe that is better solution because the laptop not mine, my friend will go crazy if i makes mistake when bake it. that's no problem if mine. i can bake it up for any hope before throw it to the garbage.

Best Regards
                              Rudi
                              Thank You

Comment

You can say that to your friend, go buy another or send it to as hop or let me(you) do my job.
                                Buuuuuuut be reminded that free jobs for friends bring bad luck

Comment

That's true!

Comment

You can say that to your friend, go buy another or send it to as hop or let me(you) do my job.
                                    yeah. i think so. i have to talk with him before. i don't wanna makes my friendship broke just because laptop. "Buuuuuuut be reminded that free jobs for friends bring bad luck". i will always remember this thing. lol btw thanks for all of you for a time replying..

Best Regards
                                    Rudi
                                    Thank You

Comment

On those nvidia chips the only permanent solution is replacing the chip with a factory new one, made after 2009. NOT reballing as the chips themselves are defective. So feel free to heat it using your preferred method, it's likely to come back up, but it's going to last 2-3 months at most, no matter what method you use.

On chips that are not factory defect and don't run at very high temperatures, a reflow done properly can last an year or more. On those... nope, sorry. I've played with them enough to be sure of that. They fail again even if kept at sane temperatures like 50-60C.
                                      Last edited by Th3_uN1Qu3; 09-24-2013, 12:19 PM.
                                      Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                                      Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                                      A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
                                        On those nvidia chips the only permanent solution is replacing the chip with a factory new one, made after 2009. NOT reballing as the chips themselves are defective. So feel free to heat it using your preferred method, it's likely to come back up, but it's going to last 2-3 months at most, no matter what method you use.

On chips that are not factory defect and don't run at very high temperatures, a reflow done properly can last an year or more. On those... nope, sorry. I've played with them enough to be sure of that. They fail again even if kept at sane temperatures like 50-60C.
                                        i hope i can find those chips around my town easily. it is not a solution exactly if not last long.. also that makes my friend thought that im not competence guy after all.

Best Regards
                                        Rudi
                                        Thank You

Comment

Working...
                                        X