Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pavilion dv9000

Hi Fellas.

I have a problem with my DV9000 hp pavilion laptop.

This laptop once push the button once for turn on, turn on-off 4 times and after that the laptop runs good without problem.

What do you think cause that?

Thanks

Re: Pavilion dv9000

Originally posted by crdz66 View Post
    Hi Fellas.

I have a problem with my DV9000 hp pavilion laptop.

This laptop once push the button once for turn on, turn on-off 4 times and after that the laptop runs good without problem.

What do you think cause that?

Thanks
    either sticking power button or power button ribbon is going out or its a early sign of needing a reflow..... one of those three most likely...

Comment

Ribbon cable is brand new
      After turn on-off the computer working good for long time.
      Power button not feel sticky.

But thanks for you comments.

Comment

Originally posted by crdz66 View Post
        Ribbon cable is brand new
        After turn on-off the computer working good for long time.
        Power button not feel sticky.

But thanks for you comments.
        let me clear it up the power button does not need to be "sticky".... internally they get contact powder and carbon buildup and when there is a buildup it can cause a stuck button like behavior where it will power on then back off just like what your experiencing and after few tries it will take off you can take theses little button apart and clean the carbon out and put it back together done it many times and there same button used in many mouse pads and the left clicker is common to go out on them....cleaning it fixes the problem every time on a dead mouse "touchpad" clicker...or inconsistent clicks...

there is a cage on the top you can carefully desoldier and take the guts of it out and clean the black buildup on the contacts and carefully put it back together and resoldier the cage back on don't over heat it and melt the plastic....good luck... its tiny work...
        Last edited by heavymachines; 01-29-2013, 09:37 PM.

Comment

If that don't do it probably def need a reflow. I have seen a number of these boards where the GPU or Southbridge needed reflowed, some issues was power, blank screen or scrambled video, boot with no fan, no wifi, not reading optical drive, and the list goes on. A quick reflow of both GPU and southbridge will most likely fix the problem but it's not a permanent fix unless you completely reball and add copper shims on the heatsink.

Comment

i think that,s his bottan problam you can do tha servis of this bottan or change it thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gijoey198079 View Post
              A quick reflow of both GPU and southbridge will most likely fix the problem but it's not a permanent fix unless you completely reball and add copper shims on the heatsink.
              Need to clear some doubts here. Not heard much of relfowing the Southbridge. However, if there are problems associated with southbridge, are you saying that reflowing the southbridge will clear all those problems?
              http://nishantpinto.blogspot.in/

Comment

Thanks all comments.
                Let me be clear on something.

The power button was pushed only 1 time.
                I don't push the button 4 times.
                The laptop turn on-off like loop until start normaly.

Comment

Try flashing the bios and reflowing gpu.

Comment

yep its an early sign of reflow issue.......reflow and test if works... reball.. gpu and or southbridge welcome to hp dv series they ALLL are affected from dv2000 all the way to dv9000

Comment

Originally posted by nish_pinto View Post
                      Need to clear some doubts here. Not heard much of relfowing the Southbridge. However, if there are problems associated with southbridge, are you saying that reflowing the southbridge will clear all those problems?
                      I've only had to reflow the southbridge once and that was due to a wifi issue on a dv6000.

Relow will NOT always clear these problems, in most cases it can but I have seen many that needed to be completely reballed .

From my experience, the video and power issues on these boards are most of the time issues of the GPU and thus fixed by reflow or reball.

Comment

Working...
                      X