HP Omen 17t-w200 WHAE error when charger connected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP Omen 17t-w200 WHAE error when charger connected

i would for sanity try to replace all gpu mosfets. Maybey it wil solve the problem . How much voltage is your main power rail and your dcin connector.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevedb View Post
      i would for sanity try to replace all gpu mosfets. Maybey it wil solve the problem . How much voltage is your main power rail and your dcin connector.
      Good Idea, that would be my next step after reinforcing mosfet joints.

Comment

if you suspect a partial failed buck converter, the unwritten rule is to not just replace the Mosfets, but also every other related semiconductor, like drivers and the PWM controller of course, because they tend to damage each other.
        FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Sephir0th View Post
          if you suspect a partial failed buck converter, the unwritten rule is to not just replace the Mosfets, but also every other related semiconductor, like drivers and the PWM controller of course, because they tend to damage each other.
          Thank you. I usualy do that, even if it is just one failed power mosfet.
          But lets hope it is just a contact problem because otherwise it takes 14 day to get mosfet and controller for me.

Comment

Hmm I have measured that PQ9002 and PQ9005 High side gates are in ohms range.
            - PQ9002 High side resistance to ground is 900 Ohms
            - PQ9005 High side resistance to ground is 55 Ohms
            - PQ9006 High side resistance to ground is 11,5 KOhms
            - PQ9001 High side resistance to ground is 11,5 KOhms

For me it seems that PQ9002 and PQ9005 are faulty as well, but I think I replace PU9002 and PU9003 controllers as well.
            These are uP1909QDN8 and i got the info about the exact board schematic here:
            https://www.electronica-pt.com/esquema/notebooks/motherboard/quanta/quanta-g38d-sp-n17e-cr-0531-1530-75300/
            Last edited by questore; 06-14-2023, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by questore View Post
              Hmm I have measured that PQ9002 and PQ9005 High side gates are in ohms range.
              - PQ9002 High side resistance to ground is 900 Ohms
              - PQ9005 High side resistance to ground is 55 Ohms
              - PQ9006 High side resistance to ground is 11,5 KOhms
              - PQ9001 High side resistance to ground is 11,5 KOhms

For me it seems that PQ9002 and PQ9005 are faulty as well, but I think I replace PU9002 and PU9003 controllers as well.
              These are uP1909QDN8 and i got the info about the exact board schematic here:
              https://www.electronica-pt.com/esquema/notebooks/motherboard/quanta/quanta-g38d-sp-n17e-cr-0531-1530-75300/
              Your measurements are irrelevant to asset the condition of the fet, It's not at all the proper way to measure it, you must measure resistance (or voltage drop) across S-G-D (S-D, D-S, S-G, D-G) of the fet itself (better out of circuit).
              BTW the link in your post is broken.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
              Become a Badcaps supporter
              >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
              Thanks to all supporters.
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                Your measurements are irrelevant to asset the condition of the fet, It's not at all the proper way to measure it, you must measure resistance (or voltage drop) across S-G-D (S-D, D-S, S-G, D-G) of the fet itself (better out of circuit).
                BTW the link in your post is broken.

Gate to source is 0 Ohm and since i dont have ESR meter, I have to remove them one by one to know the faulty ones.

link
                Last edited by questore; 06-14-2023, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by questore View Post
                  Gate to source is 0 Ohm and since i dont have ESR meter, I have to remove them one by one to know the faulty ones.

link
                  Well 0 Ohm G to S is another story, definitely such a fet is defective if you're sure you measure it properly.

All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                  Become a Badcaps supporter
                  >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                  Thanks to all supporters.
                  Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

I remove all of them and get back with the measurements out of circuit.

Comment

The measurements of the Mosfets are inconclusive since you have measured Dual-Mosfets without mentioning and this way probably without realising.
                      FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Sephir0th View Post
                        The measurements of the Mosfets are inconclusive since you have measured Dual-Mosfets without mentioning and this way probably without realising.
                        I have known those are dual mosfets, Every second chip is in pair in these, so i can measure mosfets from their pair pads because they are empty.

The only thing that is strange, that after I have restarted the power and shut it down properly and then removed all power again, then the all mosfets high gates values are changed to 1,5 ohm.

Comment

I have Ordered 5 pack of Mosfets and 5 pack of controllers.
                          To be continued in 2 weeks when they arrived, or sooner if someone has better idea

Comment

SOLUTION:
                            After eliminating every hardware issue i decided to not change any mosfet since they not produce error on heavy load if nvidia is turned on after windows already started.
                            I have cleaned the BIOS ME region with the official HP BIOS upgrading software. and then booted windows 10 install usb in UEFI mode.
                            After the windows installer is installed windows without a problem and I have booted in UEFI from SSD also i knew that the problem is solved.
                            No errors or blue screens eversince.

Comment

Problem is back, I'm crying
                              The only thing that happened since it was working was that I take apart the heatsink because one of the heatpad does not contacted, So I have replaced the heatpad to a thicker one.
                              HELP

Comment

Working...
                              X