MSI B550M Mortar firmware for EC chip 25X20CL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSI B550M Mortar firmware for EC chip 25X20CL

Hello, so I have this motherboard that was power cycled during bios update and it never boots up. I tried flashing bios from USB stick. Process completes but does not help. I also tried desoldering bios chip and programming it with CH341 to first and latest versions. No joy. So the board is just stuck on CPU led and does not move any further, i checked that we have vcore, vcc on bios chip and rest important voltages, however I noticed that it does not power off when holding power button for 4 sec. So it leads me to believe something is wrong with EC which is Nuvoton NCT6687D-R. It actually has a small flash chip nearby so I was thinking maybe it is worth a try. However I don't have same board to read it, also I tried unpacking bios dump and looking for suitable size for this flash (the same theory as with asus tpu/rog binaries inside) but could not find anything that match.
    Does anyone has same board lying around to read the dump or help unpacking its contents from bios flash?
    Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    Attaching some photos for clarity.
    Attached Files

Re: MSI B550M Mortar firmware for EC chip 25X20CL

anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by flusher View Post
      anyone?
      post the original bios even if it is corrupted...
      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

the problem is not in the bios chip but in eeprom near the nuvoton EC, should i upload my original eeprom?

Comment

Originally posted by flusher View Post
          the problem is not in the bios chip but in eeprom near the nuvoton EC, should i upload my original eeprom?
          yes post it.
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

here it is
            Attached Files

Comment

bought same board and confirmed contents of the EC eeproms are the same. later having other board I was able to find an issue in one of the power rails of the "PCH" chip, fixing that actually solved the problem. board works fine.

someone may find above dump useful, it works 100%

admin may you please close this topic.

Comment

Working...
              X