ASRock B560 Pro4 doesn't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PEMOME1998 View Post
    ALSO GIVE ME MEASUREMENTS OF: 3VBS_DSW (3.3V), DPWROK (3.3V), PIN 116 OF THE SUPER IO (PCH POWER OK SIGNAL). FROM THE LISTING ABOVE, 1.8VSB IS POWER SUPPLY TO THE PCH IN STANDBY. PL1V2 IS ALSO POWER FOR THE PCH, BUT I AM NOT SURE IF IT IS IN STANDBY OR AFTER POWER ON. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE VOLTAGE IN PL1V2, JUMP THE GREEN AND BLACK WIRES FROM THE SOURCE AND MEASURE AGAIN IF PL1V2 APPEARS. IF IT STILL DOES NOT ACTIVATE, WE HAVE A PROBLEM THERE.
    On pin 116 of the Super IO - i have 1.6V
    I cannot find 3VBS_DSW and/or DPWROK.
    Where I can find these?
    If DPWROK is pin 73 from SIO then is 3.3V
    If 3VBS_BSW is pin 71 from SIO then is 3.3V

Comment

Ok, so far you have all the correct voltages. Now go to IC PU33 and measure pin 13 (3.3v). Also measure the resistance OR115 on both sides. Tell me what happens if you jumper the green wire with the black wire from the source. Does the fan turn? Try turning on the board without the 4-sided connector that goes to the processor (CONNECTOR P4). DOES THE FAN SPIN? Unfortunately, since there are correct voltages, this becomes a little more complicated. Now we go through steps to analyze the behavior of the motherboard.

Comment

Ok, so far you have all the correct voltages. Now go to IC PU33 and measure pin 13 (3.3v). Also measure the resistance OR115 on both sides. Tell me what happens if you jumper the green wire with the black wire from the source. Does the fan turn? Try turning on the board without the 4-sided connector that goes to the processor (CONNECTOR P4). DOES THE FAN SPIN? Unfortunately, since there are correct voltages, this becomes a little more complicated. Now we go through steps to analyze the behavior of the motherboard.
        Hey there!
        If I try to turn the board on, jumping those wires, the board will turn on and the fans will spin. Even with P4(+4) connected. But I am afraid to leave it to much time on, not to damage something else.
        Currently I am at work and I cannot measure those components
        Thanks.

Comment

Okay, so there's no apparent crossover. In any case, please confirm the voltage of those signals that need to be measured. And on the back it has a four-pin crystal oscillator. Try to bridge its pins and turn on the ignition.

Comment

Okay, so there's no apparent crossover. In any case, please confirm the voltage of those signals that need to be measured. And on the back it has a four-pin crystal oscillator. Try to bridge its pins and turn on the ignition.
            Hy again !
            The IC PU33 voltage on pin 13 is 3.3V
            The OR115 voltage on both pins is 5V
            But if I short out pins 1 and 4 of the big oscillator from the back (and try to power up the board), nothing happens.
            Voltage on pins 1 and 4 is about 0,10 - 0,20V
            If I bridge green-black wires (with con P4 connected), the board will power up and the CPU will warm up.
            The problem I see is that the PL55 has just 0.2V on both pins when the board is powered up. The resistance on this coil is 145 Ohm's. The control (boot) LEDs from CPU and RAM remain on after power up.
            Last edited by johnnys25s; 03-23-2024, 08:59 AM. Reason: fitting more details.

Comment

Hello friend, well, we only have two last options left. Please measure the resistance SR4 on both sides (3.3v) And the next thing is, place the positive lead of the multimeter on pin 1 of the OR810 resistor. And make the ON/OFF ignition jump of the FRONT PANEL pins. And check if pin 1 of the OR810 resistor drops to 0V. In the same way, locate pin 2 of the OR45 resistor and make the jump, simulating ON/OFF of the front panel and verify if pin 2 of the OR45 resistor drops to 0V. The name of the FRONT PANEL is "PANEL 1" and jump pins 6 and 8 simultaneously.

Comment

Hello friend, well, we only have two last options left. Please measure the resistance SR4 on both sides (3.3v) And the next thing is, place the positive lead of the multimeter on pin 1 of the OR810 resistor. And make the ON/OFF ignition jump of the FRONT PANEL pins. And check if pin 1 of the OR810 resistor drops to 0V. In the same way, locate pin 2 of the OR45 resistor and make the jump, simulating ON/OFF of the front panel and verify if pin 2 of the OR45 resistor drops to 0V. The name of the FRONT PANEL is "PANEL 1" and jump pins 6 and 8 simultaneously.
                Hy there, good friend!
                The SR4 resistance has approx 3.1V on both sides (one side lower then the other).
                The pin 1 on the OR810 (pin 61 on SIO) is 3.3V and drops to 0V if pwrbtn is pressed. (Pin 2 has also 3.3V, and goes 0V).
                The pin 2 on the OR45 (pin 60 on SIO) is also 3.3V and drops to 0V if pwrbtn is pressed. But pin 1 has no reading (no voltage).
                Thank you.

Comment

Hello my friend, do you mention that you have no voltage on pin 1 of the OR45? I think you're wrong. Since you should have 3.3V, and it comes from the PL50 coil (3.3VSB_A) Which we have already taken measurements before, and you told me that you did have that voltage. Unless that voltage is sometimes present and sometimes not. Or it may be present initially and then drop to 0V. Or you have a broken track from the PL50 coil to pin 1 of the OR45. Forgive me if I'm late in responding, this week is a 4-day holiday in my country.

Comment

Hy again.
                    There is no problem if you have no time these days. I understand! I am glad that you can help me anyway. In my country there are also a few days of holidays these weekend. But I have the time...
                    Anyhow, you are right. There is a 3.3V on pin 1 of the OR45. Everything is ok.
                    What should I do next? Thanks.
                    Last edited by johnnys25s; 03-30-2024, 12:05 PM. Reason: Gramatical correction.

Comment

Hello friend, everything has already been measured and everything seems to be fine. In those cases I already assume a problem in the Chipset. But I recommend taking it to a specialized electronic center. Maybe they can see something broken with a microscope. Since it seems strange to me that it has all the correct voltages and it doesn't turn you on. I'm sorry I can't help you more. Everyone has already been measured, friend

Comment

A while ago I also received an MSI that does not turn on, and it had all the voltages to turn it on. So you can see that there are many such cases. And the vast majority is already a Chipset failure.

Comment

Hy there!
                          Thats ok my friend! Thank you very much anyway for all your support and the help.
                          I wish you all the best !

Comment

Hy there.
                            If you have to guess which part is fried, you will say the PCH or the SIO ? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X