Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer 1916w monitor

Hi all,

I got an Acer 1916w monitor here that has some problems.

Model Number: AL1916W A
    Version: AL1916W Abd

I replaced all of the caps that were mentioned to be replaced.

My computer recognizes they monitor being plugged in. When I plug in the power to the board, the Power LED light and screen flashes, I can see the CCFL's both flash a bright white when looking at the back of it and it does this just as the power LED goes off.

Measured the voltage at the big 400v cap and it only registers at 67v. What voltage should the cap be at when everything is working properly?

Measured the voltage at the pins to the video board and two of the pins are at 5v and one at 13.8v

The top Mosfet has a slight brown tint to it right where the pins enter the board.

I'm a newbie when it comes to this stuff, but I would really like to get this monitor running as I like it. I do electronics stuff like this for a hobby and nothing more, so I don't have any test equipment other then a basic volt meter with resister check and continuity to it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and if anyone has the power board schematic with what voltage should be where then that would be helpful too for me to look over.

Not sure where I should go from here.

Attached is the power board pics top and bottom.

Thanks again for any help.

Voltage at the Mosfet's run at around 43v across all 3 pins on both of them.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dark Angel; 08-10-2010, 11:58 PM.

Re: Acer 1916w monitor

Try to read whole thread
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...hlight=al1916w
    it is about that board.

Comment

Hello! If you're in the USA, the voltage across the large cap should read approx. 165 to 170 VDC. The bridge rectifier needs to be tested. It's the small black rectangular unit and usually has a "+" , "-" and "~" symbol stamped on it. Located to the left of your large cap.

Your board also seems to have some unusual smaller caps on it. Can you please list the brand names?

Comment

Would this not have still been under warranty? I thought Acer's had 3 yr warranty?
        Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

I would measure again,as with 67Volts on the mains smoohting cap...cannot possibly see how you are getting 5v and 13.8 volts on the Logic board ?/

Comment

Originally posted by Rtech View Post
            I would measure again,as with 67Volts on the mains smoohting cap...cannot possibly see how you are getting 5v and 13.8 volts on the Logic board ?/
            He is most lickly has the neg lead hooked to the cold side of the board.
            13.8v and 5v is very good.
            Get rid of those ugly blue capacitors.And replace with a good low esr.cap.
            Last edited by alexanna; 08-11-2010, 09:45 AM. Reason: typo
            Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

OK, guy's I'm here again.

Need some help with some advice.

I may have found a good alternate for the AP40T03 Power MOSFETS, but would like your opinion.

Here are the Data Sheets for I think and hope will be a good sub for them.

First one: http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe...FDB6670AL.html

Second one: http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe...FDB6035AL.html

Thanks Again for all the help. Hope I can get this monitor fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by alexanna View Post
                He is most lickly has the neg lead hooked to the cold side of the board.
                13.8v and 5v is very good.
                Get rid of those ugly blue capacitors.And replace with a good low esr.cap.
                Yes I did, and done, no more blue caps.

Comment

Originally posted by dood View Post
                  Would this not have still been under warranty? I thought Acer's had 3 yr warranty?

Warranty was up last month.

Comment

Originally posted by jetadm123 View Post
                    Hello! If you're in the USA, the voltage across the large cap should read approx. 165 to 170 VDC. The bridge rectifier needs to be tested. It's the small black rectangular unit and usually has a "+" , "-" and "~" symbol stamped on it. Located to the left of your large cap.

Your board also seems to have some unusual smaller caps on it. Can you please list the brand names?
                    I can only tell you one of them as the other has stayed in there. The small one I pulled was a CapXon 105c 47uF 50v GL

Also on it is P721

Comment

The replacement Mosfet that I use with no problem,is IRF540

Comment

From Ratshack?

Also the ones I have a question about are from an old motherboard that does not post, but still powers up. There are 6 of them on there.

Comment

Well looking over the sheet's of the AP40T03GP and the IRF10, to me it looks like it would have no problem with using these, but I am no expert in the field and would like a an opinion from someone who has more technical know how on the matter to chime in on this please.

Thank You!!

Comment

Well I replaced, the 2 MOSFETS with these: http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe...FDB6670AL.html

Replaced the Bridge Rectifier as well.

When everything is hooked up with power board connected to the video board and I plug in the power, the screen comes on and flashes the power button led and the CCFLS and I can't turn the monitor off with the power button.

I did notice that when the power board is not connected to the video board there is a humming/buzzing sound that seems to come from the resistor that is circled in the pic. I know this because I stick a straw just over the resistor and that is when the sound is the loudest.

Any ideas guy's to try now?!?!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Let's do a recap (no pun intended!) of what you've done so far:

1) You've replaced the caps. With what brand and type? Hopefully low-esr.

2) You replaced two mosfets. Did you test them for a short before replacing? Also, iirc when the mosfet shorts, it will blow a surface mount fuse (F200?) underneath the board. There are 3 fuses, check them all.

3) If the fuse is ok, It sounds like the replacement mosfets are too slow and cannot keep up with the frequency. Why not stick with the originals, which are readily available on ebay for about $6.00 with free ship.
                              Last edited by jetadm123; 08-13-2010, 09:01 AM.

Comment

NO!!! Not more recapping!!

I replaced the caps with these caps: https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...16421955af.pdf

Yes I did check the mosfets before putting them in, no shorts. I also checked all the sm fuses F200 and the others.

Did you look at the data sheet for the mosfests I put in, link is in previous post.
                                Link to mosfets:

Again thanks for the help you can give. Also what would be causing the hummong/buzzing noise from the resistor that I circled in red?

Comment

Well this is just a shot in the dark here bud.
                                  on the back of the board is c112 open or show any damage?
                                  It is very near your resistor with the hum.
                                  Al.
                                  Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

How would I test with a basic VMM. I have volts ohms to choose from?

It doesn't show any signs of damage as you can see by the pic in post number one

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Angel View Post
                                      NO!!! Not more recapping!!

I replaced the caps with these caps: https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...16421955af.pdf
                                      Wrong capacitors!

You've put in capacitors which are not low ESR.
                                      You need to use good quality low ESR caps such as Panasonic FM etc.

Comment

I am unsure,The reasion I ask is that I fought this dac-19m005 for a long time,blowing fuses ect and over time working on it c112 became dammaged
                                        Some one told me if you use to high capacitence cap,You might notice hum or buzzing.
                                        as I said it was just a blind shot
                                        Al.

Comment

Working...
                                        X