No announcement yet.

WestingHouse L2210NW Will not power.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WestingHouse L2210NW Will not power.

measurements from the transformer on the top left with the black line on it. everything was tested on 2k ohms

black probe on pin 1, red on pin 2 - .872 ohms
    black probe on pin 1, red on pin 3 - 1. out of range
    black probe on pin 1, red on pin 4 - 1. out of range
    black probe on pin 1, red on pin 5 - 1. out of range
    black probe on pin 1, red on pin 6 - 1. out of range
    black probe on pin 1, red on pin 7 - 1. out of range
    black on pin 1, red on pin 8 - 1. out of range

black probe on pin 2, red on pin 3 - 1. out of range
    black probe on pin 2, red on pin 4 - 1. out of range
    black probe on pin 2, red on pin 5 - 1. out of range
    black probe on pin 2, red on pin 6 - 1. out of range
    black probe on pin 2, red on pin 7 - 1. out of range
    black probe on pin 2, red on pin 8 - 1. out of range

black probe on pin 3, red on pin 4 - .001 ohms
    black probe on pin 3, red on pin 5 - .001 ohms
    black probe on pin 3, red on pin 6 - .001 ohms
    black probe on pin 3, red on pin 7 - 1. out of range
    black probe on pin 3, red on pin 8 - 1. out of range

black probe on pin 4, red on pin 5 - .001 ohms
    black probe on pin 4, red on pin 6 - .001 ohms
    black probe on pin 4, red on pin 7 - 1. out of range
    black probe on pin 4, red on pin 8 - 1. out of range

black probe on pin 5, red on pin 6 - .001 ohms
    black probe on pin 5, red on pin 7 - 1. out of range

black probe on pin 6, red on pin 7 - 1. out of range
    black probe on pin 6, red on pin 8 - 1. out of range

black probe on pin 7, red on pin 8 - justs around from 1.121 to 1.580 ohms

black probe on pin last-1, red on pin last - 1. out of range

Comment

Originally posted by testas86 View Post
      measurements from the transformer on the top left with the black line on it. everything was tested on 2k ohms

black probe on pin 1, red on pin 2 - .872 ohms
      black probe on pin 7, red on pin 8 - justs around from 1.121 to 1.580 ohms
      Hmm, without a spec sheet or another transformer to compare to, I'm not sure if the 2 readings above are correct or not.

Do you have another monitor where you can do the CCFL test?
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

now i was reading the other things that could be bad and i tested what i think is a fuse (F301) also circled on the attached picture.

i tested it at 2k ohms and got a reading of .004
        i also tested it with 200 setting and got .8
        Attached Files

Comment

I just realized that no one including myself asked if you can still see the video/image if you shine a flashlight on the screen? Please answer.
          --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

would any monitor work or does it have to be the same one? cus i have a 17 inch hp monitor just saying around

Comment

also there is another transformer on the board as well should i get the readings from that one as well?

Comment

would any monitor work or does it have to be the same one? cus i have a 17 inch hp monitor just saying around
                It is best to get the same because I'm not sure how a 17 inch length CCFL tube will react in a 22 inch monitor. If the connector, voltage, and current are the same, it shouldn't be a problem.
                --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

also there is another transformer on the board as well should i get the readings from that one as well?
                  It is not the same transformer on the board. The one you measured is the transformer that drives the CCFLs.

Most inverter boards that I have seen have at least 2 transformers driving the CCFLs. Yours only has the 1.
                  --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

What is the part number of that 4 legged chip next to c66 on the backside?
                    --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

nikos
                      p2804nd5g
                      un45j0a84

Comment

p2804nd5g
                        Okay, we are going to make sure this FET isn't shorted. Set your mastech to 200 ohms (two hundred).

Refer to the attached diagram.

1) black on S1, red on D1 - record/report ohms
                        2) black on S1, red on G1 - record/report ohms
                        3) black on D1, red on G1 - record/report ohms
                        4) black on S2, red on D2 - record/report ohms
                        5) black on S2, red on G2 - record/report ohms
                        6) black on D2, red on G2 - record/report ohms
                        Attached Files
                        --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

1) black on S1, red on D1 - 1 out of range
                          2) black on S1, red on G1 - 1 out of range
                          3) black on D1, red on G1 - 1 out of range
                          4) black on S2, red on D2 - 1 out of range
                          5) black on S2, red on G2 - 1 out of range
                          6) black on D2, red on G2 - 1 out of range

Comment

i tested it at 2k ohms and got a reading of .004
                            i also tested it with 200 setting and got .8
                            Since your mastech shows 0.7 ohms when the two probes together, it is a good fuse at 0.8 ohms.
                            --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

1) black on S1, red on D1 - 1 out of range
                              2) black on S1, red on G1 - 1 out of range
                              3) black on D1, red on G1 - 1 out of range
                              4) black on S2, red on D2 - 1 out of range
                              5) black on S2, red on G2 - 1 out of range
                              6) black on D2, red on G2 - 1 out of range
                              FET looks good.
                              --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

ok good to know thanks. and thanks for walking me through these trouble shooting steps. Does the FET look good?

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
                                  Hmm, without a spec sheet or another transformer to compare to, I'm not sure if the 2 readings above are correct or not.
                                  This video (about 8 minutes long)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNuGWBPRGKA

shows why I'm suspicious about the transformer readings.

Are there any markings on the transformer other than the top?
                                  --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

hmmm ok so then that leaves caps or CCLFs

Comment

no just that crack on the top is the only things i can see

Comment

no just that crack on the top is the only things i can see
                                        Can you mark up the bottom side of the picture and tell me how you numbered the transformer pin tests?
                                        --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Hi here is a pdf of the board layouts and so on
                                          hope it helps
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X