Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung Syncmaster 225BW

Originally posted by LHC View Post
    Sorry this is so vague - I'd be happy to try provide more detail if you could tell me what you need.
    1) What is the exact problem?

2) Does the power LED turn green and stay on?

3) Do you see any picture at all when connected to a working computer?

4) Please post clear focused pictures using the manage attachments feature. Do not post inline.

5) Post pictures of all your boards with a top down view (both sides).
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I just wanted to pinch in, ive had problems with my bw 226, so i decided to look around for answers and found this.

symptoms.

Flickering.
      Loss of colour.

First i looked around the internet, and i then discovered that i should check my caps, so i did, carefully disassembled the monitor and all caps were perfect.

so i closed the case, and nothing had changed i did this 2 times more, with 3 the third try, i practially spilt the monitor apart, only the panel itself and the backlight(ccfl's)weren pryed apart(for obvious reasons). i were afraid i had to buy either a inverter board, or take readings with a tool i dindt have, but lo and behold. When i started my PC, the flickering were gone, and colors restored to their full glory.

now, i understand why i really love this monitor.
      colours really ARE great.

anyways,a bit offtopic, but if this ever gets a bad cap im going to exchange them thats for sure .

also, a great forum and topic.>

so thanks for helping out there, if it werent for the capicitator community my eyes would have bleed for...who knows...several months more.

so. Thanks, Thanks ,Thanks and some more THANKS!
      I lurk in the shadows

Comment

Originally posted by Coldfusionstorm View Post
        I just wanted to pinch in, ive had problems with my bw 226, so i decided to look around for answers and found this.

symptoms.

Flickering.
        Loss of colour.

First i looked around the internet, and i then discovered that i should check my caps, so i did, carefully disassembled the monitor and all caps were perfect.

so i closed the case, and nothing had changed i did this 2 times more, with 3 the third try, i practially spilt the monitor apart, only the panel itself and the backlight(ccfl's)weren pryed apart(for obvious reasons). i were afraid i had to buy either a inverter board, or take readings with a tool i dindt have, but lo and behold. When i started my PC, the flickering were gone, and colors restored to their full glory.

now, i understand why i really love this monitor.
        colours really ARE great.

anyways,a bit offtopic, but if this ever gets a bad cap im going to exchange them thats for sure .

also, a great forum and topic.>

so thanks for helping out there, if it werent for the capicitator community my eyes would have bleed for...who knows...several months more.

so. Thanks, Thanks ,Thanks and some more THANKS!
        I am a little confused, what was the fix?
        Al
        Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Originally posted by Coldfusionstorm View Post
          ... all caps were perfect.
          How do you know? Caps can fail and still look "perfect"...
          There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
          • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
          • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
          • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
          • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
          • Windows 10 Pro x64
          • GeForce GT1050
            2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

I don't know what the problem were but the fix i guess were that i simply had the case out and that removed dust, and..well i don't know..

Oh, about the capacitors, i did not know that,is there anyway of checking without using a volt-meter?.

so, it works . i just wanted to share because my symptoms were different than others because my colors were out of phase.
            I lurk in the shadows

Comment

I have two of these beauties. I have repaired both of them. I read through this thread completely and noted that no one mentioned that there are two different cap set ups depending of the year the monitor was manufactured. One was a Dec 07 and the other Apr 06.

The two 225BW monitors had different back steel shells, and more importantly a changed ratings for caps on the two middle ones.

The older screen had two 680uF x 25 volt caps. The newer one has two 330uf x 25 volt.

But when I started the project I just went and purchased 4 - 820uf x 35v and 6 - 330uf x 25 volt.

It was not until after I had installed the caps that I found out that two of them where 680uf. The size of the stock caps are the same for the 680 and 330. So I have left them in so far and no problems as of yet. I have picked up the new 680uf x 25 volt caps but have yet to install them as the screen is working nicely.

I did not change out the 47uf capacator.

Note the stock 330 and 680 where almost the same size. The 820uf were physically larger so I laid them over to eliminate any interference issues. The new 680 are the same size as the old 680 and 330. The new 330 were/are small then the originals.

Comment

Originally posted by zx23rr View Post
                I read through this thread completely and noted that no one mentioned that there are two different cap set ups depending of the year the monitor was manufactured. One was a Dec 07 and the other Apr 06.
                It is not uncommon for manufacturers to change boards entirely and keep the same model number. This is why we always ask for pictures of your board. Additionally, we always recommend people list their capacitors and their values rather than rely on someone else's parts list.
                --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

hi

I need some help My samsung just stopped working, power button is blinking and screen stays black. This is how its looks like http://vimeo.com/18940119 Anyone know how to fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by montrey View Post
                    hi

I need some help My samsung just stopped working, power button is blinking and screen stays black. This is how its looks like http://vimeo.com/18940119 Anyone know how to fix it?
                    1) Welcome to the forum!

2) Most members won't go to an unusual website for fear of viruses.

3) Might read retiredcaps comments on post #287. We need clear photos of top and bottom of the entire power board. Photo of logic board would also be good.

4) Better description of symptoms. Is there a flash or flicker of light when you power on? Any clicking sound? Anything?

Comment

Originally posted by jetadm123 View Post
                      1) Welcome to the forum!

3) Might read retiredcaps comments on post #287. We need clear photos of top and bottom of the entire power board. Photo of logic board would also be good.

4) Better description of symptoms. Is there a flash or flicker of light when you power on? Any clicking sound? Anything?
                      i will take some photos later its 4:42am here yes i can hear some very silent clicking sound. "Is there a flash or flicker of light when you power on?" i dont know what you mean, but my screen is black all the time and when i plug power cable my power button starts blinking and i cant turn it off.

Comment

Originally posted by zx23rr View Post
                        I have two of these beauties. I have repaired both of them. I read through this thread completely and noted that no one mentioned that there are two different cap set ups depending of the year the monitor was manufactured. One was a Dec 07 and the other Apr 06.

The two 225BW monitors had different back steel shells, and more importantly a changed ratings for caps on the two middle ones.

The older screen had two 680uF x 25 volt caps. The newer one has two 330uf x 25 volt.

But when I started the project I just went and purchased 4 - 820uf x 35v and 6 - 330uf x 25 volt.

It was not until after I had installed the caps that I found out that two of them where 680uf. The size of the stock caps are the same for the 680 and 330. So I have left them in so far and no problems as of yet. I have picked up the new 680uf x 25 volt caps but have yet to install them as the screen is working nicely.
                        There are 2 revisions of the power board for the 226BW and other monitors who use that board (IP-45130A).
                        It says the revision on the board. Rev 0.1 has 1x330uF, 2x680uF and 2x820uF, Rev 0.2 has 3x330uF and 2x820uF.

mastertheknife

Comment

Originally posted by jetadm123 View Post
                          1) Welcome to the forum!

http://img52.*************/img52/7636/img0137hi.jpg
                          http://img822.*************/img822/1644/img0138kq.jpg
                          http://img7.*************/f/img0139zw.jpg/

looks like i need to replace 2x 330uf 25v and 1x 820uf 25v. am I right?

Comment

looks like i need to replace 2x 330uf 25v and 1x 820uf 25v. am I right?
                            Please upload your pictures using the manage attachments function.

I'm sick of getting unwanted popups at imageshack on this 10 inch wide netbook so I didn't even click on your urls.
                            --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
                              please upload your pictures using the manage attachments function.

I'm sick of getting unwanted popups at imageshack on this 10 inch wide netbook so i didn't even click on your urls.

Attached Files

Comment

Capxon all bulging. No surprise.

The standard recommendation here is to replace all the electrolytic caps. The exception is the biggest one which rarely, but not never, fails. I count 6 on the power board (not including the big one).

If you live in the USA, you can follow PlainBill's instructions for ordering Panasonic FM or FR caps (use FC as a 3rd choice) at

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...33&postcount=2
                                --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
                                  Capxon all bulging. No surprise.

The standard recommendation here is to replace all the electrolytic caps. The exception is the biggest one which rarely, but not never, fails. I count 6 on the power board (not including the big one).

If you live in the USA, you can follow PlainBill's instructions for ordering Panasonic FM or FR caps (use FC as a 3rd choice) at

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...33&postcount=2
                                  im not living in the USA I can order something like this http://allegro.pl/820uf-25v-panasoni...417868780.html

and http://allegro.pl/330uf-25v-105st-el...403182065.html

the first one is a panasonic 820uf 25v 105C FC series and the second one is unbranded

Comment

im not living in the USA[/URL]

the first one is a panasonic 820uf 25v 105C FC series and the second one is unbranded
                                    Here is a list of vendors.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=613

Do not use some no-name unbranded cap. The caps must be low ESR. If you can't find Panasonic FM, try picking from this list.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2280
                                    --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

im not living in the USA I can order something like this http://allegro.pl/820uf-25v-panasoni...417868780.html

and http://allegro.pl/330uf-25v-105st-el...403182065.html

It might help if you told us what country you're in. Maybe a member can suggest a place to order your parts.

Comment

Panasonic FC or FM are fine. I take it you're in Poland?
                                        36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

Originally posted by smason View Post
                                          Panasonic FC or FM are fine. I take it you're in Poland?
                                          yes Im from Poland @retiredcaps thx for the links

Comment

Working...
                                          X