P7J2674 D

U9:
    ATMEL804
    24C08AN
    SU27 D

for reading that, I needed magnifying glass 12x

Comment

Re: ASUS VW222U, burn-in mode has become activated

I can find only u4 and u9 datasheet but them don't say a trick to reset memory, but i remeber to have read on an italian forum that there's a method of doing this on some serial eeprom by shortciruiting SCL and SDA pins (5, 6) when power up, damages you don't do.. this is as a last chance.

Comment

Do you think that they can be changed by new ones, or need to be programmed first?
        I found them on aliexpress.com cheaply.

Comment

I have told a stupid thing because i wanted only to reset the user data eeprom but i don't know which is and what the others eeproms contains, if i remember one contain EDID data but it doesnt have to be reset, the other 2 i don't know, the one with blue paint must not to be touched because i think the paint means it had been programmed in factory. the service manual could help but i don't have found it.

Comment

Something else try - spotted this - not for your set but may be relevant.
            What it says is that when you do the keys to enter factory mode you have the
            input cable attached BUT to stop/start the Burn In you have to do the key presses
            WITHOUT the input cable. Dont take any notice of the keys use the keys already suggested but try with the cable out.

"Enter into Burn/in mode:
            AC ON the monitor with no signal ,and press “power” button to DC OFF the monitor, then press”1” and “power”
            button at the same time to enter Burn/in mode;
            Enter into the factory mode:
            AC ON the monitor with signal connected, and press “power” button to DC OFF the monitor, then press”1” and
            “power” button at the same time to enter factory mode;"
            Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

There's no change, with signal or without. No factory mode options.
              Only Burn/in, or No Signal.
              I do not know what to do next

Now I noticed, if press the "menu" and the "power" buttons at the same time, the ASUS logo did not appears. Only the No Signal message for a few seconds.
              Press only the "Power" button the logo appears.
              Last edited by Phoenix83; 02-17-2014, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Today I have tried it again, with the different PC, and is doing same as before. I'll try to replace the eeproms on the logic board. If find them...

Comment

Working...
                X