Sceptre Monitor X9G-Komodo VII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sceptre Monitor X9G-Komodo VII

I have a blinking power light (w/black screen) problem. I was using my computer at the time that this happened, and the monitor went black, the same as if I was shutting the computer down. The screen went black, a white rectangular appeared with the words "No Video", then went completely black again. The only difference between this, and a regular shut down, was that the blue power light was flashing. When I turn the power button off,,,,,and then back on,,,,it goes through the same process, black screen to "no video" message, and then back to black screen with flashing power light. I'm not a repairman, but with the help (and patience) of PlainBill and others, I did manage to repair two LCD TV's in the past. The first thing I did was separate the case and look at the caps, they all look "visually" good, and are "the elite" caps. I already read the posts on "blinking power light" (and read how "elite" PlainBill thinks elite caps are) and "two seconds to black", but not sure where my problem lies. I haven't yet looked at the bottom of the boards nor taken any pictures,,,,,,,that will be my next step. I'm just writing this as a warning to PlainBill that "I'm back" and hoping that you guys can "work your magic again. I'm going to take pics and look at the bottom of the boards tomorrow,,,,,,,in the meantime,,,,,,I'm ALL EARS if you have any suggestions..................I'll try to follow your instructions! Thanks again!
    Don

Re: HELP - Sceptre Monitor X9G-Komodo VII

1) Post clear focused top down pictures of all your boards following my sig file below exactly. We want the picture compositions like so

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...94&postcount=1

2) Do you have a multimeter and know how to measure DC voltage?

PS. PlainBill has been MIA since April 2012.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Sorry to hear that about PlainBill,,,,,,,,,,I hope nothing has happened to him!

Comment

Yes, I have a meter and know how to read DC voltage,,,as long as I know where point A, and point B are located to do the test, but again, I'm far from a professional. I am attempting to post the front and back of my LM004 board and a pic of the front of the other board (I haven't taken this one loose from the chassis yet). I you do need the back of this one, I'll get a pic of it also. From appearance, I can't see anything that is wrong. the two 470uf caps look normal, as do the 1200uf caps. As a start, do you think I should replace these four caps with new ones, regardless of how they look, as some have recommended? Haven't done anything to the boards yet, waiting for your suggestions. Hope the pics are ok!
        Don
        Attached Files

Comment

Im having an early night so will leave retiredcaps to start you off. I only wanted to say thanks for the really good pictures - there have been some dire ones on here recently.
          Cant see any fuses on the video board - have you checked your PC video card is ouputting correctly and perhaps tried a new cable - pc to monitor.
          Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

One the main board, there are two voltage regulators: U1 and U2.

1) Set your multimeter (if manual range) to 20V DC.

2) Put your black probe on a ground screw. Leave it there the entire time. This is your ground.

3) Put your red probe on each of the pins, but ignore the "fat" tab. The fat tab is "up" or "north". Number the pins left to right.

4) You should have 3 readings per regulator.

5) Report them like so along with the part number (include all lines on the IC) of the IC.

U1
            AS1117-33
            pin 1 = 0.0
            pin 2 = 3.3
            pin 3 = 5.0

Also try reseating and cleaning every internal cable.
            --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Moved from General Computer Discussion. Also revised title to remove clutter.
              sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Re: Sceptre Monitor X9G-Komodo VII

Have you tried hooking it up to another video source?

If the problem still persists, Im guessing that there is an issue with the main processing chip, which appears to be connected to the VGA port directly.
                Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Selldoor, Thanks, but I have another monitor hooked up to my computer at the present time and it is working fine, so that eliminates the computer and video card (I think).

Comment

In your third photo of your logic board, there are 2 Novatek chips on it. The one of interest is the Novatek controller that's in the brown socket with a paper label over it. Carefully, pull the label back to expose the part number. Is the part number NT68521?

Comment

Ok, I have your voltages Retired: U1 Part #ATC 3HD
                      17-33
                      Pin #1 = 0.0
                      Pin #2 = 3.34
                      Pin #3 = 5.05

U2 Part #4CD
                      17-25 It also has a "Large capital C", with
                      a "smaller capital AC" inside the
                      the Large C, in the upper left side.
                      Pin #1 = 0.0
                      Pin #2 = 2.52
                      Pin #3 = 4.76

Jet,,,,,,,No. The numbers on the NOVATEK chip are: NT68F633L
                      0445-CO
                      MJR9A

Comment

The regulators are good.
                        --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

OK,,,,,,,,,,Does that mean that my "power supply" is working they way it should?

Comment

Not necessarily, can you post pictures of any connectors if possible showing the legend - 12v, 5v. gnd. pwr. and so on.
                            Can you also update your profile with country and mains voltage.

Also Im not certain but think the chip jetadmin refers to will lift out of the socket. If it does clean the contacts carefully with isopropyl alcohol
                            and re insert.
                            Last edited by selldoor; 07-29-2012, 04:28 AM. Reason: clean chip
                            Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

Sell,,,,,,,,,I updated the profile,,,,,looked at that chip (and it does look like it might just pull out of the socket), but I haven't tried to pull it yet. I don't quite understand what you are asking about the connectors..........I can take closer pictures of where the various "cables" plug into the boards (is this what you mean). When I looked at the plug-ins,,,I didn't see any notations (or legend) of voltages, grounds, etc. written on the board or by the various pins of the plug-ins, unless I was overlooking something. Is this what you were asking?

Comment

When I looked at the plug-ins,,,I didn't see any notations (or legend) of voltages, grounds, etc. written on the board or by the various pins of the plug-ins, unless I was overlooking something. Is this what you were asking?
                                yup spots ya can test!

picture 1 bottom right corner of pic, there is a connector ! take a good picture of it!
                                Last edited by t.j.; 07-29-2012, 02:52 PM.

Comment

I wouldn't entirely rule out your video card, have you tried swapping monitors around? It sure sounds like a video card failure.
                                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

No dont bother with pics if there is no indication of what the pins are.
                                    Did you unplug clean and replug ALL cables as retired caps suggested earlier.

Next connect it all up and plug in with your meter on 200vDC put the black pin on an ground point - there is one just at the end of the long connector - it shows clearly on the back of the board then with the red probe test the voltage at each pin. If they all read less than 20vdc put you meter on 20vdc
                                    and do it again for a more accurate result.

Whilst these are low voltages take care not to touch any of the "Hot" Parts

Work on a non conductive surface and keep boards apart with sheets of card
                                    if thre is any chance of them touching.

Comment

@Tom66 did you see this? Looked to me as though we were ok on video card and lead? unless you have another view on it.

Originally posted by Tayninh55 View Post
                                      Selldoor, Thanks, but I have another monitor hooked up to my computer at the present time and it is working fine, so that eliminates the computer and video card (I think).

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
                                        @Tom66 did you see this? Looked to me as though we were ok on video card and lead? unless you have another view on it.
                                        I thought that - but what if just one output on the video card has failed, and the other is okay?
                                        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
                                        X