Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fixing a DAC-19M005 Power Supply - the fuses

Originally posted by kingofcoins View Post
    I can't find a value for the 'N' code, as I have for the 'S' = 2amps.
    Decoder ring

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=658938
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I think the 'code' depends on the manufacturer and is not an industry wide standard, comparing those codes with these I found:

BOURNS Surface Mount Fuses
      F = 0.50
      I = 0.63
      • = 0.75
      K = 0.80
      L = 1.00
      M = 1.25
      P = 1.50
      N = 1.60
      S = 2.00
      T = 2.50
      3 = 3.00
      U = 3.15
      W = 4.00
      Letter = RATING CURRENT (A)

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post

Comment

Looking closely at these SMD fuses, they are see-through and the 'S' F101 looks intact and just like my good F200, but the 'N' one F100 appears open or fried inside (using a 10-14X loupe). I can't find a value for the 'N' code, as I have for the 'S' = 2amps. So why don't I try a 1 amp or 1.5a auto fuse soldered across the leads for a test ?
        Anyone know the actual replacement for a N marked fuse on these Delta boards ?
        Those fuses protect the 5Volt and 13.8 Volt circuits and from what I can tell from my working board they are fed by the schotty diodes.F100 protects the 13.8 volt circuit
        From the anodes of both the schotty diodes I measure 0.3 Ohms to a ground screw. This is on a board that will provide 5 Volts to the logic board.
        Well you got my mind spinning again, here are my thoughts
        When you tested the diodes you stated you were reading about 14 ohms thru the diode on one, and about 0 ohms on the other, just a simple ohms law calculation indicates the diode with the low reading may be a problem I guess it depends how accurate your analog meter is.
        I have not used an analog meter in years and I am not 100% sure about the test results.
        I guess to prove my theory you could remove both diodes from the circuit and measure them again
        I would think both diodes should have similar readings. I have used an automotive ATC fuse holder with the leads soldered to the fuse pads with the correct rated fuse installed for testing, and when I was sure there were going to be no problems replaced it with the correct fuse.
        I think the fuses on this board are : W=4 amps and S =2amps,not sure about the N fuse these values are referenced from a repair kit listed from an e bay seller.If I search the markings from little fuse I get totally different values.
        Al
        Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

ReAC-19M005 Power Supply - fuse and schottys

Al..> on fuses...I believe the Bourns N=1.6A makes sense...so I'll use a 1.5amp in a holder across my F100 and get on with the testing....btw, where do you salvage such small fuses from ?

On the Schotty's D102,and D103, both tested the same, here's what I got back at post #45...>
          ..." Now I've re-tested both this way in circuit, with my analog VOM , for SBT 150 the legs 1 and 3 anode, 2 cathode....red to anode with black to cathode appears open (infinity no reading), reversing probes get about 6 ohms, other leg tests the same open and 6...and the other D102 same readings as the first.."

Comment

Re: Getting a used dgital mulitimeter

What do you recommend for the meters capabilities to do diodes, mosfets, and transistors ?
            Let's move this to the thread "Recommend me a MultiMeter" so we don't pollute this thread too much

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7557
            --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Re: Moving thread : Getting a used digital mulitimeter

Thanks for cleaning up our act, sir.

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
              Let's move this to the thread "Recommend me a MultiMeter" so we don't pollute this thread too much

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7557

Comment

Re: DAC-19M005 Power Supply - using temp fuses

Ok... I Got It Running !!
                I rigged up some more homemade tools to re-test this power supply board, and found it was repaired correctly with the 7 caps and then the 2 mosfets, except that either I blew the 2 SMD fuses F100 and F101 during my last lamp test, or way back when I had installed a cap backward one of them blew.
                See pic of my test rigs, one auto type fuse holder, the second fuse soldered to the test wires, and my test lamp in place of the 3rd ccfl....which was the source of the monitor problem itself.
                I am using this supply board on an Acer 1916WA monitor so its ccfl lamp is the problem now. Before I do this lamp, anyone have repair experience on such Acer lamps ? Does the connection fail on these, or is it more often the lamp itself, or was it the power control failure/fuse/cap ?
                Any tricks to doing these Acer ccfl's?

Al..> on fuses...I believe the Bourns N=1.6A makes sense...so I'll use a 1.5amp in a holder across my F100 and get on with the testing....btw, where do you salvage such small fuses from ?

On the Schotty's D102,and D103, both tested the same, here's what I got back at post #45...>
                ..." Now I've re-tested both this way in circuit, with my analog VOM , for SBT 150 the legs 1 and 3 anode, 2 cathode....red to anode with black to cathode appears open (infinity no reading), reversing probes get about 6 ohms, other leg tests the same open and 6...and the other D102 same readings as the first.."
                Attached Files

Comment

Re: Acer AL1916WA.. final problem...the CCFL

Looks like I won the battle but lost the war on this one. I found the bad ccfl had a burned off wire. I did my best small wire splice and tight solder on the lamp end...three times...and it tested bright before reassembly and again after...BUT when connecting all 4 ccfls the monitor does the 2 step. When I replug my spare test lamp in place of the repaired one the back-lights stay up. The repaired lamp did not look any worse than the others, and lit up to the same degree as the others.

Questions for you on repairing lamp problems...
                  1). Since all 4 lamps need to work in the circuit, am I right assuming that my 'repaired' lamp is still 'bad', and drawing a voltage that upsets the balance, and a regulator and shuts the light down?
                  OR...>do I still have some other inverter circuit problem?
                  2.) My 'repaired' lamp still works on my test circuit since it doesn't care that its lighting one lamp or two and its voltage can be down to 10 Volts ..true ?
                  3.) Do lamps suffer 'hidden' damage though not burned out ?
                  4.) Do you ever successfully repair lamp solder failures, or do you automatically replace lamp while in there?

I my case I successfully repaired the power supply, as in prior posts, and found open fuses, and found the bad lamp, and go to see the steady desktop. I got the experience, but now some extra parts, since the dis-assembly and reassembly of the LCD those several times, somehow I stressed the edge and it splintered and ruined the screen.

Thanks for your feedback on lamp repair, and all the earlier support too.

Dan

Comment

Re: Fixing a DAC-19M005 Power Supply - check my DX:

I wonder if anyone has found a common cause, After Mosfet replacement as to why the 4 amp inverter fuse would blow.
                    All the capacitors have been replaced, and I am not finding any transistors or diodes in the inverter are shorted.
                    I do not recommend anyone doing what I have done, but out of frustration I have substituted a 5amp ATC type fuse for the 4amp fast blow inverter fuse hoping I would get some indication of something being shorted[in other words I wanted to let the smoke out]
                    With the 5amp fuse substituted, I get a very brief flash of all the backlights of about the same intensity. But the power supply is smart enough to shut down before any damage is done.
                    With the inverter fuse removed, the 12volt rail is able to light an automotive 1157 bulb brighter filament so I know the power supply is able to perform under a load.
                    The inverter controller is a BIT3713
                    I feel this may be a common problem on this DAC-19m005 power supply
                    I have a feeling that everyone will want to refrain from getting involved in this, but I thought I'd ask.
                    Attached Files
                    Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Originally posted by alexanna View Post
                      I wonder if anyone has found a common cause, After Mosfet replacement as to why the 4 amp inverter fuse would blow.
                      All the capacitors have been replaced, and I am not finding any transistors or diodes in the inverter are shorted.
                      I do not recommend anyone doing what I have done, but out of frustration I have substituted a 5amp ATC type fuse for the 4amp fast blow inverter fuse hoping I would get some indication of something being shorted[in other words I wanted to let the smoke out]
                      With the 5amp fuse substituted, I get a very brief flash of all the backlights of about the same intensity. But the power supply is smart enough to shut down before any damage is done.
                      With the inverter fuse removed, the 12volt rail is able to light an automotive 1157 bulb brighter filament so I know the power supply is able to perform under a load.
                      The inverter controller is a BIT3713
                      I feel this may be a common problem on this DAC-19m005 power supply
                      I have a feeling that everyone will want to refrain from getting involved in this, but I thought I'd ask.

Below the F200 fuse are 4 transistors: Q201,203,204 and 208. Check these for shorts. Also, check diode D216 for a short. And finally, check the vaules of resistors R209 and R210. All components are below the the F200 fuse.

Comment

^
                        Q201-3-4 and Q208 do not indicate a short.
                        R209 is reading 4.7K ohms and R210 is 10 ohms

Comment

Pin 13 of the Bit3713/Bit3193 shows it's connected to ground.
                          As long as the logic board is not connected the power supply continues to work.
                          http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe...C/BIT3193.html

Comment

I looked through my supply of used boards, and I have one from a monitor with a broken screen that uses the same controller. Pin 13 does not show continuity to ground.
                            When I get the energy I will remove it and install it on the Acer, unless anyone has any other ideas.

Comment

Helloo, although I posted on the Westinghouse thread yesterday, I think it willl be fit here too.
                              I post the datasheet of this powerboard, so It could be usefel to correctly identify the components.
                              For instance, the fuse F 102 is a RES MF Fusible 1/2W 100ohm J SAMLL.

I´m having problems with my ACER 2017 (Just 1 video input, DSUB,no DVI input) with revision CF of this board.

This monitor, after recapping all (bulged ones and others), still keeps on showing me images on the screen but no backlights. All the fuses were OK, instead.
                              Here is a copy of my post on the Westinghouse thread:

"Hello,although this post was started several years ago, it still keeps alive, so, after reading the whole tread, I think I can help a little.
                              When trying to fix an ACER 2017, I used this dac-19m005 datasheet I found on the web.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YJWEDABQ

Here you can see schematics and components. Although it is a different LCD model, is has the same power board: DAC-19M005 CF REV: 00A, (plus it has just DUB conector, no DVI, but still the same board too), so: same problems and same fixes, I guest.
                              After recapping all (same 2 bulged caps as every faulty board), I can see images on the screen but no backlight. You only can see it taking a light close to the screen ( I didn´t read anybody in this situation, everybody has no light but nobody has mentioned about dark images with no backlight)
                              All the fuses on the backside are OK but I can see a damage transistor: Q204, on the backside, right close to the F200 4A fuse, so probably this is what I need to fix.
                              According to Kahless (on post #299 and # 301) and billy 66 ( #320) I can see Q2004 burnt ( probably that´s because F200 fuse didn´t blew up), but I checked R210 and I got about 11 Ohm, so I think it´s Ok. Anyway, I ordered replacements for the whole components:Q204,Q208 and R210.
                              I´ll post the results when I get it working here or in a new thread refering ACER 2017 (only DUB, no DVI conector)"
                              Attached Files

Comment

You can see, depending on board revisions, some minor changes, like F200, changed from 2A to 4A, or caps CY 2001-218-216-200 (close to the backlights connectors), 4 of them on the front side in one revision and 3 of them on the front side and one on the back side (C218-1) in another versions, but everything else looks like equal.
                                Anyway, I hope this datasheet to be useful for you guys.
                                Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by blackrider1 View Post
                                  You can see, depending on board revisions, some minor changes, like F200, changed from 2A to 4A, or caps CY 2001-218-216-200 (close to the backlights connectors), 4 of them on the front side in one revision and 3 of them on the front side and one on the back side (C218-1) in another versions, but everything else looks like equal.
                                  Anyway, I hope this datasheet to be useful for you guys.
                                  Thanks
                                  It might be helpful to see a schematic of this INV/PS.The link you provided requires some type of program to open a RAZ? Type file which of course I do not have.
                                  If you have the entire schematic it would be helpful if you posted it, rather than a link to it.

Comment

Hi Alexanna, it is a compressed file, with Winrar, that contains a PDF file. Just download it to a known location in your pc and extract it. If you can´t get it, tell me and I will upload it without compressing, just plain pdf.
                                    Pages 10 to foward contain the schematics and a components list. I just tried it and there´s no problem with the download. I can´t attach it here because of its size (2,38). Probably you will be required to install chinnese fonts type when reading this pdf, because there is some chinnese text, at least with WXP, install it if you want, although it is not necessary. Just need Adobe Acrobat or any free pdf reader to view it.
                                    Thanks
                                    Last edited by blackrider1; 05-13-2011, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by blackrider1 View Post
                                      Hi Alexanna, it is a compressed file, with Winrar, that contains a PDF file. Just download it to a known location in your pc and extract it. If you can´t get it, tell me and I will upload it without compressing, just plain pdf.
                                      Thanks
                                      Yes please do the PDF

Comment

Done

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZZHAGME6

Comment

^
                                          I could not get it to open with Win 7,so I had to use an XP computer and I was able to open it
                                          Thanks.
                                          Now if I just could get it to print.
                                          Last edited by alexanna; 05-13-2011, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X