Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell 1905FP Powers on then black

Originally posted by printone2 View Post
    What lubrication do you suggest and is that to get the end caps off/on or both? I think I can come up with some synthetic grease that is dielectric and good up tp 450 degrees.
    You’re not going to leave the Lub Installed on your finished work.
    You just need something to help the end caps slid off and on easily without damaging them.
    What comes to mind is spray silicone, or possibly Wd40 used sparingly. I use an aerosol automotive brake cleaner to clean everything up when I am done.
    Al.
    Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Originally posted by alexanna View Post
      You're not going to leave the Lub Installed on your finished work.
      You just need something to help the end caps slid off and on easily without damaging them.
      What comes to mind is spray silicone, or possibly Wd40 used sparingly. I use an aerosol automotive brake cleaner to clean everything up when I am done.
      Al.
      Thanks. I have all three of those.

Suggestions on where is a good source of CCFL lamps and accessories. I saw a link in the last few days, but can't find it now.

Comment

Thanks. I have all three of those.

Suggestions on where is a good source of CCFL lamps and accessories. I saw a link in the last few days, but can't find it now.
        I like these guys,http://ccflwarehouse.com/
        They welcome phone orders.
        Al
        Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Suggestions on where is a good source of CCFL lamps and accessories.
          ccflwarehouse.com
          --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

That Dell 1704FPT is still running strong after almost 24 hours. Looks like that 22uF 50v cap needs to be replaced with the 2.2uF 50v, and the transformer too if it's bad. This problem may be widespread for the Dell 1704FPT and the Dell 1905FP in the IPS board. Problem solved

Comment

Originally posted by Lumberjack777 View Post
              That Dell 1704FPT is still running strong after almost 24 hours. Looks like that 22uF 50v cap needs to be replaced with the 2.2uF 50v, and the transformer too if it's bad. This problem may be widespread for the Dell 1704FPT and the Dell 1905FP in the IPS board. Problem solved
              Great job and congrats on your fix. I have my parts on order.

Comment

****HIGH FIVES**** I hope you come back to this thread and post your results. Good luck

Comment

Interesting about the 22 vs. 2.2uf
                  I'm about to repair a 1703, I'll report back if it has the same issue.

*if* I can get the damn thing apart.
                  I've done about 17 monitors in the last year, this is the first one I've had real trouble opening....
                  36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

Working...
                  X