Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help finding this chip! for an amplified speaker.

Collapse
This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help finding this chip! for an amplified speaker.

Looking for a chip and can't find it anywhere, or would anyone know what I could replace it with? Belongs to a powered amplified speaker.
  • Answer selected by Gadjet at 01-13-2024, 12:23 PM.

You are welcome! I'm glad I could help.

In case you're wondering how I guessed the part, fortunately, it was fairly well-marked. I wish all the parts were labeled at least to the same extent. You can find the International Rectifier's IOR logo in the lower right corner, so the part number most likely starts with IR. Many manufacturers omit these first characters and leave only the meaningful part, which is either S215310 or S21531D (hard to tell 0 from D from the photo). So you might try googling IRS2153 to see if something like that exists. Infineon does indeed offer a component labeled IRS2153(1)D(S), where (1) stands for the faster deadtime version, (D) means the integrated diode between the Vs and Vcc pins, and (S) designates SO8 package variant instead of PDIP8. This IC is commonly used for constructing switching-mode power supplies, which could be well located inside an active speaker.

Comment

Hello, I think it is an IRS21531D self-oscillating half-bridge gate driver IC from International Rectifier, which is now Infineon Technologies.

Comment

Here is the datasheet for it
        The IRS21531DS is a 600 V half-bridge gate driver IC with oscillator, integrated bootstrap FET

Comment

Thanks for the info I will order one and see if it works, I've been looking for this chip for months!

Comment

You are welcome! I'm glad I could help.

In case you're wondering how I guessed the part, fortunately, it was fairly well-marked. I wish all the parts were labeled at least to the same extent. You can find the International Rectifier's IOR logo in the lower right corner, so the part number most likely starts with IR. Many manufacturers omit these first characters and leave only the meaningful part, which is either S215310 or S21531D (hard to tell 0 from D from the photo). So you might try googling IRS2153 to see if something like that exists. Infineon does indeed offer a component labeled IRS2153(1)D(S), where (1) stands for the faster deadtime version, (D) means the integrated diode between the Vs and Vcc pins, and (S) designates SO8 package variant instead of PDIP8. This IC is commonly used for constructing switching-mode power supplies, which could be well located inside an active speaker.

Comment

Part arrived quickly installed and it's now powering on. Thank you so much @StanislavNovak !!!

Comment

Working...
              X