Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Water Damaged Diseqc Sat Switch

Originally posted by stj View Post
    diseq switches should be on the back of the dish - or even slung under the lnb-arm.
    and should be sealed the same way you seal the lnb - i use GEL-LOCKS when i work on them - much better than amalgamating tape and you can remove & refit them!
    Mine was installed under the roof, I made the mount myself.
    Of course the painter washing it with high powered jet wasn't in my planning lol
    Attached Files
    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Originally posted by fzabkar View Post
      ISTM that if the micro were bad, then more than 1 port could be switched on. The fact that only the first port is switched on would suggest that the micro has powered up in its default, programmed state. It now needs a DRX signal from the receiver before it can switch to a different LNB. I would be checking the circuit between the DRX input and the receiver.
      I've seen many broken switches, but none of them had all ports on at the same time. Now why that is, I never investigated, because I have a pile of them. I just change them out. With 10 sat dishes outside, 3 of them on C band, I need a lot of switching done.
      Last edited by CapLeaker; 07-21-2016, 05:27 AM.

Comment

you need a H2H or a jack - it would be cheaper!

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
          if it isn't switching between the ports and only port 1 works, then I think that the Tiny13V is at fault. Either it isn't getting any power, or the IC is bad. If it is bad, you are SOL unless you can program another one.
          I'm also think it's tiny13v and it appears it has to be programmed.

So I file this as trash can, or keep it for parts.

I appreciate everyone's help and effort it this.

Comment

@DJ_MIX, if you could upload a detailed photo of the reverse side of the PCB, perhaps I could trace the circuit for you. I'm also using your thread as a learning exercise. :-)

Comment

Working...
            X