Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dead Hello Kitty Karaoke Sanrio machine

opamp,
    not sure what to test.......can you tell me again.

Comment

Look at the picture provided by user selldoor at 9:49am today (there's an arrow indicating where). Check if there's voltage coming into the big board. Leave neg- prove on the batteries and then put pos+ prove on the red wire. If voltage is coming in to the board, your next step will be to check the on/off switch for voltage.

Comment

Originally posted by opamp View Post
        Look at the picture provided by user selldoor at 9:49am today (there's an arrow indicating where). Check if there's voltage coming into the big board. Leave neg- prove on the batteries and then put pos+ prove on the red wire. If voltage is coming in to the board, your next step will be to check the on/off switch for voltage.
        pic in post number 13
        that should tell us if voltage is getting to the switch board.

Comment

ok, so using the suggestion in post#13...........and the picture of the red and black wire.

With batteries connected.......i place the black lead of the volt-meter to the "neg" terminal of the battery..........then i placed the red probe of the volt-meter to the black wire and red wire.

Black-wire voltage measurement: 9.39V
          Red-wire voltage measurement: 9.5V

i guess the next step is to measure the switch......i will do this next.

Comment

ok....i measured the voltages across the switch......

see enclosed pics

One of the pics show a yellow square around the main power switch

The other pic shows the backside of the switch ...... in this pic notice the nodes labeled "1" and "2". When the switch is in the "on" position the resistance between nodes "1" and "2" is about 0.4ohms.....

when i connect the batteries.........i measure 9.5V on node 2 and when switch is in the "on" position i measure 9.5V on node "1"........when the switch is in the off position i measure 9.39V at node "1".....

note: how i measured voltages is with my black lead from volt meter at the "neg" side of the battery.......
            Attached Files

Comment

ok....in my previous post i got "1" and "2" mixed up..........backwards.....

Comment

Its no good giving us one half of two tests. You need to apply some logic to what you are doing.

I am going to test a switch - what do I need to know?
                When the switch is on what is the resistance going to be?
                When the switch is off what is the resistance going to be?

When the switch is on what is the voltage going to be?
                When the switch is off what is the voltage going to be?

You then match what the answer should be, with what you get when you do the test.

That switch might also have more than one set of poles(contacts)

Anyway we will be here all year at this rate so just do the following.

In your picture I have marked places to test. The board is marked Gnd=Ground an 9v+ so with your meter on 20vdc
                put the black probe on Gnd then with the red probe test
                1:2;3;4;5;6 then do it again with the switch in the other position If all zero just say "all zero"

We could do with a "straight on" in focus pictire of the whole of the back of this board and of the front in the same orientation.
                Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

hi selldoor, sorry that. Hey, i was going to try and make the measurements you requested this morning but i could not find the picture you marked up.

Comment

i tried to take some better pictures........if there is a specific part of the board you would ike me to shoot.......just let me know.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Welchs101 View Post
                      hi selldoor, sorry that. Hey, i was going to try and make the measurements you requested this morning but i could not find the picture you marked up.

I get worse - forgot to load the pic!! - sorry.
                      Attached Files
                      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

ok......with volt meter on measuring DC voltages.

Black probe on the "Gnd" label on the back of the board.

Red probe on the numbered nodes 1,2,3,4,5 and 6.

ALL voltages measured 0Volts.

Comment

And with the switch switched?

Comment

sorry forgot to mention that.....

for switch in the "off" position
                            ALL ZERO VOLTS

similarly, for he switch inthe "on" position
                            ALL ZERO VOLTS

i could not get any reading again, that is when i use the gnd on teh back of the board.

Comment

Its like snakes and ladders

Try this as I asked in post13
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
                                Its like snakes and ladders

Try this as I asked in post13
                                Actually I think you have answered that - it was zero - yes.

Try this one instead
                                Attached Files

Comment

I really like the pics with the meter on them.........

I put the battery in the unit. I measured 0Volts between the two nodes as you showed in the pic.

I measured the resistance between the two nodes and ....well....it was hard to get a reading but it varied and it was around 120Kohms........kinda jumped all around. but i think this is what the avg value would be.

Comment

Ok - i think we are right back at the beginning. I cant quite make out all the traces on that little board - can you do a straight on picture of the right hand side.

I still think the problem is inside the barrel power connector there is a switch. When you plug in the power supply in it cuts off the battery supply. When you unplug the power supply it reconnects the battery supply - I think it is not working.

Comment

selldoor, which board did you want me to take a picture of exactly?

also, to prove/disprove your idea what do you think i should try?

Comment

The little one with the power socket on - I willl want you to get a short piece of wire and
                                        connect the black lead from the battery to the black lead that goes to the big board
                                        and possibly another piece to join the red lead from the battery to the red lead that goes to the big board. In effect cutting out that board all together. You dont need to solder
                                        just hold in position and see if it comes on try the black to black first then the red to red.
                                        Then if nothing both at the same time. I am just not sure if the switch is on the black side or the red side - that is why I wanted the picture.

Comment

selldoor,
                                          you might be on to something. I added a wire from the "grn" side of the battery and shorted this wire to the black wire on the "main" board..........things kinda came to life. I just did a quick test to see if anything would happen and much to my surprise the cd player laser head moved and the lcd come on. Tomorrow i will try a more stringent test.......but i wanted to let you know.

i will update you again tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                          X