This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ESR meter upgrades

BTW I'm open to do a teamviewer connection skype talk with camera so you can check all connections whatever it takes to fix this

Belen

Comment

Originally posted by bmht View Post
      I rebooted the computer and connected the arduino to another USB port and now I'm getting this using Arduino ISP as programmer.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr\bin>avrdude -C ../etc/avrdude.
      conf -c avrisp -P COM3 -b 19200 -B8 -p m8 -U flash:w:TransistorTester.hex \-U ee
      prom:w:TransistorTester.eep \-U lfuse:w:0xf7:m \-U hfuse:w:0xd9:m \-U efuse:w:0x
      fc:m

avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.04s

avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e950f
      avrdude: Expected signature for ATmega8 is 1E 93 07
      Double check chip, or use -F to override this check.

avrdude done. Thank you.
      -p m8 ???
      that's atmega8, you need to have -p m328p for atmega328picopower

Comment

we are all here too learn dont worry i also was having issues using my programmer but i was learning as i was going but managed to sort it in the end its just time and patience maybe some pictures of your pcb set up with how your programming this ic will help so your are using a 16 mhz crystal and two 22pf capacitors.

Comment

i dont touch teamviewer - i read the license - you should too.

it connects to a central server that keeps a complete log of what you do and what it see's
          no thanks - i'll stick with VNC

Comment

I'm open to VNC too let me install and let you know thanks jejej

I did not knew about Teamviewer I mostly use it to help my dad when he has problems which is almost daily... He is 80 now... so it amazes me he still uses the computer..
            anyway... brb

Comment

Ok VCN installed since I'm new in this forum I believe I can not PM no one but I can over at eevblog want me to pm you there??

Thanks

Belen

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                just a thought with your crystal are you using 22pf capacitors as well? when your programming the ic
                With the new Crystal I'm not using 22pf capacitors just the crystal as sjt advised any would do.

Here are some pictures of my connection either to USBASP and Arduino

Attached Files
                Last edited by Per Hansson; 06-16-2022, 02:03 PM. Reason: Offsite images uploaded

Comment

With the new Crystal I'm not using 22pf capacitors just the crystal as sjt advised any would do.

Here are some pictures of my connection either to USBASP and Arduino

This is a quote of a site im learning about programming from
                  see also
                  http://www.instructables.com/id/burn...pu-bootloader/

1MHz ATmega328P.

Note that you must connect a 16MHz crystal with two 22pF capacitors.

If you are developing a non-UART program on a breadboard, using a regular ISP programmer (like ArduinoISP) is more convenient.

Using a bootloader on a breadboard requires multiple fingers pressing RESET buttons. Whereas using bootloader on the UNO is painless ---- the 'RESET' is done automagically by the DTR capacitor

maybe stj will advise you if you need them on your pcb your using for programming.
                  Last edited by vinceroger69; 07-23-2016, 11:49 AM.

Comment

i never advised not using capacitors on the crystal, infact you need a 100nf cap across the power pins too.

Comment

My mistake I thought that any crystal would do without caps
                      Let me look at the caps I think I fryed my USBASP since I was reading the problem was due to old firmware I decided to upgrade the firmware and apparently I can not burn the fuses to it anymore I'm having the same problem as in trying to program the tester chip with the arduino.

Code:
                      C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr\bin>avrdude -C ../etc/avrdude.
                      conf -c avrisp -P COM3 -b 19200 -p m8 -U flash:w:usbasp.atmega8.2011-05-28.hex

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.03s

avrdude: Device signature = 0xffffff (retrying)

avrdude: Device signature = 0xff0000

avrdude done. Thank you.
                      I'm going to look for the 22pf caps and repost
                      Last edited by Per Hansson; 07-23-2016, 12:57 PM. Reason: Added CODE tags

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                        i never advised not using capacitors on the crystal, infact you need a 100nf cap across the power pins too.
                        yes i just read that as well
                        One across the VCC and GND (Pins 7 and 8) and another across the AVCC and GND (Pins 20 and 22) (these are 100nf)
                        i think in a picture of my old esr tester someone had added those too the smd ic atmega328
                        regarding the locked fuse issue this is worth a read
                        http://www.avrfreaks.net/forum/tutso...topic&t=106325
                        Last edited by vinceroger69; 07-23-2016, 12:31 PM.

Comment

I got it wired now as in the schematic should I try to upload the code again?

Comment

Hi bmht, just a note; please use code tags for the code output.
                            I edited your previous posts and added CODE tags.
                            It makes the output from avrdude much easier to read
                            "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Caps added

Sorry Code tag also added

Code:
                              conf -c avrisp -P COM3 -b 19200 -p m8 -U flash:w:TransistorTester.hex \-U eeprom
                              :w:TransistorTester.eep \-U lfuse:w:0xf7:m \-U hfuse:w:0xd9:m \-U efuse:w:0xfc:m

avrdude done. Thank you.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Per Hansson; 06-16-2022, 02:04 PM. Reason: Offsite images uploaded

Comment

you did it again, replace m8 with m328p
                                maybe read the manual
                                Attached Files

Comment

sjt thanks again and thanks for posting the manual

Code:
                                  conf -c avrisp -P COM3 -b 19200 -p m328p -U flash:w:TransistorTester.hex \-U eep
                                  rom:w:TransistorTester.eep \-U lfuse:w:0xf7:m \-U hfuse:w:0xd9:m \-U efuse:w:0xf
                                  c:m

avrdude: NOTE: "flash" memory has been specified, an erase cycle will be perform
                                  ed
                                       To disable this feature, specify the -D option.
                                  avrdude: erasing chip
                                  avrdude: reading input file "TransistorTester.hex"
                                  avrdude: input file TransistorTester.hex auto detected as Intel Hex
                                  avrdude: writing flash (29952 bytes):

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 32.94s

avrdude: 29952 bytes of flash written
                                  avrdude: verifying flash memory against TransistorTester.hex:
                                  avrdude: load data flash data from input file TransistorTester.hex:
                                  avrdude: input file TransistorTester.hex auto detected as Intel Hex
                                  avrdude: input file TransistorTester.hex contains 29952 bytes
                                  avrdude: reading on-chip flash data:

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 18.59s

avrdude: verifying ...
                                  avrdude: 29952 bytes of flash verified

avrdude: safemode: Fuses OK (H:07, E:D9, L:62)

avrdude done. Thank you.
                                  Inserted it into the tester socket and same blank LCD so I tryed to redo the fuses

Code:
                                  conf -c avrisp -P COM3 -b 19200 -p m328p -U lfuse:w:0xf7:m

avrdude: reading input file "0xf7"
                                  avrdude: writing lfuse (1 bytes):

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 0.03s

avrdude: 1 bytes of lfuse written
                                  avrdude: verifying lfuse memory against 0xf7:
                                  avrdude: load data lfuse data from input file 0xf7:
                                  avrdude: input file 0xf7 contains 1 bytes
                                  avrdude: reading on-chip lfuse data:

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.01s

avrdude: 1 bytes of lfuse verified

avrdude: safemode: Fuses OK (H:07, E:D9, L:F7)

avrdude done. Thank you.

conf -c avrisp -P COM3 -b 19200 -p m328p -U hfuse:w:0xd9:m

avrdude: reading input file "0xd9"
                                  avrdude: writing hfuse (1 bytes):

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 0.01s

avrdude: 1 bytes of hfuse written
                                  avrdude: verifying hfuse memory against 0xd9:
                                  avrdude: load data hfuse data from input file 0xd9:
                                  avrdude: input file 0xd9 contains 1 bytes
                                  avrdude: reading on-chip hfuse data:

avrdude: 1 bytes of hfuse verified

avrdude: safemode: Fuses OK (H:07, E:D9, L:F7)

avrdude done. Thank you.

conf -c avrisp -P COM3 -b 19200 -p m328p -U efuse:w:0xfc:m

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.03s

avrdude: reading input file "0xfc"
                                  avrdude: writing efuse (1 bytes):

Writing |                          | 0% 0.00s ***faile
                                  d;
                                  Writing | ################################################## | 100% 0.07s

avrdude: 1 bytes of efuse written
                                  avrdude: verifying efuse memory against 0xfc:
                                  avrdude: load data efuse data from input file 0xfc:
                                  avrdude: input file 0xfc contains 1 bytes
                                  avrdude: reading on-chip efuse data:

avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x0000
                                       0x04 != 0xfc
                                  avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

avrdude: safemode: efuse changed! Was fc, and is now 4
                                  Would you like this fuse to be changed back? [y/n] y
                                  If I press Y it stays like that and does nothing

Thanks again
                                  I'm trying to learn here

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                                    you did it again, replace m8 with m328p
                                    maybe read the manual
                                    thanks for the manual i will have a read.

and some information i found on a forum if the fuses get locked try this Just put a 1nF cap from OSC1 to ground, and a 370 ohm resistor from OSC1 to Vcc as this resets them
                                    Last edited by vinceroger69; 07-23-2016, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                                      and some information i found on a forum if the fuses get locked try this Just put a 1nF cap from OSC1 to ground, and a 370 ohm resistor from OSC1 to Vcc as this resets them
                                      Thanks let me figure out how to do that I will let you know how it turn out

Belen

Comment

Thanks let me figure out how to do that I will let you know how it turn out

Belen
                                        i think it was this post
                                        https://forum.sparkfun.com/viewtopic.php?t=12789

Comment

avrdude -C ../etc/avrdude.conf -c avrisp -P COM3 -b 19200 -p m328p -U efuse:w:0x04:m

Comment

Working...
                                          X