LG 60PA6500 EBR73712701 SMD resistor help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 60PA6500 EBR73712701 SMD resistor help

Hi, I need help with a resistor that was blackened and measuring a non standard value desoldered(around 7k OHMs), R513 on the picture, online I could only find a picture on shopjimmy that was really high res but still hard to make out what it was, ended up soldering a 2R2 since it looked like that in the picture, the TV powered on but the image was poorly sustained, same symptom as before.

I don't want to damage this board because it is expensive, so I won't try to turn it on until I have the right resistor.

Whole history of the TV: Bad upper buffer board, shorted, someone else messed up Z and Y boards with some garbage soldering job and replaced the caps on Y board with shitty ones, that's taken care of, no shorts on any P105 optocoupler or IGBTs, no other open resistors.

If someone has this board please can you tell me what value is R531, that close up zoom photo is my board.
    Attached Files

Re: LG 60PA6500 EBR73712701 SMD resistor help

That 2R2 value seems very low, what is the ic number? It looks like there are other similar ic's on that board, what is the value of that same resistor?
    I would guess the value from the picture as 272 (2.7k)
    Last edited by R_J; 04-04-2021, 09:19 PM.

Comment

The IC is a P105 optocoupler, it's switching Q509 mosfet, the resistor trace is linked to pin 6, which is VCC, P105 pins are 1, 3, 4, 5, 6.

1 - K
      3 - A
      4 - GND
      5 - VOutput
      6 - VCC

Another P105 on this board has a 2R2 going in pin 6, some others P105 have 10 or 15 OHM resistors on the same trace, but could also be a 272.

Comment

Update:
        Fixed, huge thanks to user "living to camp" for uploading a photo of the area.

How I repaired it: Upper buffer IC failed, image was flickering and dark, shut down after seconds, VSCAN was unstable, replaced the board. Y-SUS 2R2 resistor R513 measured 5k+ OHMs, replaced and the TV is now working.

Now to actually use the smart features of the TV, only Netflix is still usable, Youtube is gone and no Amazon Prime, nor the integrated browser can access anything relevant.

To use my phone as a remote I had to download LG TV Remote 5.4 legacy app from apkpure, to try and use screen casting via Wi-Fi Direct, I tried LG SmartShare-webOS 1.2.9 or 1.4.0, LG TV Plus 2.2.4, none of these work.

With SmartShare-webOS the TV recognizes my phone, but displays "unknown error" when trying to access it.

You can't adjust picture settings on the home page, the UI is all white and the TV gets frying hot, so annoying and poorly developed by LG, I always enable energy saving in plasmas, small brightness loss for a big improvement in durability for all the components inside the TV, especially for this model that has common Ydrv failures.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-19-2021, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X