LG 55EC930V OLED Is panel OK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 55EC930V OLED Is panel OK?

I've bought faulty OLED TV. When pressed power button it Powers on for 2-3 seconds. Relay clicks for on and then off click. LG logo fades out.
    Checked power supply according to OLED SMPS Testing manual.
    All voltages fine. Bulb test fine.
    Installed MyRemocon on android device with IR. Pressed "power only" button. Got same cycle like with normal remote.
    Inspected LVDS and can 4 cables that goes to panel. Panel cables as new. LVDS contacts slightly discoloured. Cleaned with contact cleaner and brush. No changes.
    As member Diah offered disconnected middle two cable going from T-Con to panel. Pressed "power only" this time I've got difference.
    TV screen switched on for 1-2 seconds. I could see some green background and a bit of round shape left hand corner, and white horizontal line over top the the screen.

Do I have dead panel and TV does not want to start due to it?

I have attached part and screen photos just in case you need.

Attached Files

Re: LG 55EC930V OLED Is panel OK?

uc18 looks strange on the pic . maybe photo angle .

Comment

UC18 was under silicone thermal pad. Marks on chip are from the pad.

Comment

put all sockets in place...only the LVDS disconnected from Main boards side.. feed it with HDMI signal on HDMI IN 1 while the feed signal played turn the set on.. give attention to the speaker if it make any noise or sound.. report the result

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
          put all sockets in place...only the LVDS disconnected from Main boards side.. feed it with HDMI signal on HDMI IN 1 while the feed signal played turn the set on.. give attention to the speaker if it make any noise or sound.. report the result
          Tried all 4 HDMI connections. No sound.
          What I have noticed when I turn on TV I can see red light in optical port.
          If LVDS is connected it stays on 1 or 2 seconds longer compared to disconnected LVDS.

I've been using POWER ONLY button on service remote. After using this option on other LG TV it switched to analogue TV. So it should be same on this OLED. In that case I have to change input to HDMI to get sound an I right? TV does not respond to remote as it goes to protection mode.

Tried to measure 5 V on USB, nothing too.

Comment

don't use the apk power only.... use always the power key on the set.. keep the lvds disconnected at test

Comment

don't use the apk power only.... use always the power key on the set.. keep the lvds disconnected at test
              Did as you said. Power button on TV. Tried all 4 HDMI from YouView box. I could not hear a sound.

Comment

read the 12 V and 24 which goes to MB when you power on the set... tell the value and if it goes high or low before turn off

Comment

do the same as my mentioned while LVDS connected and write the value of 12 & 24 v which it feed the MB

Comment

When I was reading 12 and 24 volts without main board doing SMPS testing.
                    P201 11.9 V and 24.6 V. P202 24.1 V. P202 after some time with car bulb dropped to 24V exactly.

When all cables connected I get different readings.

P201 11.8 V, 25.2
                    P202 1.2 V

Panel or t-Con drawing too much power?

Comment

Tried power only button.

P201 same voltages as previous test.
                      P201 I get 24.1 V for a 1 second then drops to 0 V.

Comment

all voltage are in good range..
                        when you did the HDMI signal test while LVDS disconnected.. did the set turn off after 3 sec. or it goes to standby mode after the 3 sec ???

Comment

all voltage are in good range..
                          when you did the HDMI signal test while LVDS disconnected.. did the set turn off after 3 sec. or it goes to standby mode after the 3 sec ???
                          I do not know

When TV is plugged in to socket I get barely lit grey LG logo.
                          Turning TV on relay clicks logo lights up when relay clicks again logo fades out no more light on it. If pressed once again power button logo lights up and fades into no light.

Exactly same behaviour when LVDS cable disconnected.

Comment

we said dont use power only... you dont have its original RC? if no then use only the power key on set.... or download this smart IR remote and set it to LG brand so you can use normal power and other IN_STOP command which you need to reset the eeprom firmware..

the set it seem from yours first reading didnt send signal or panel on.... so we have now issue on MB which can be handled starting from IN_STOP command first
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Diah; 12-23-2019, 12:37 PM.

Comment

we said dont use power only... you dont have its original RC? if no then use only the power key on set.... or download this smart IR remote and set it to LG brand so you can use normal power and other IN_STOP command which you need to reset the eeprom firmware..

the set it seem from yours first reading didnt send signal or panel on.... so we have now issue on MB which can be handled starting from IN_STOP command first
                              Remote came with TV AKB73975761.
                              Could you please guide me how to use In_STOP command?

Comment

i uploaded for you smart IR remote apk. install it on any android with IR sender. and set the program for lg tv. in the surface of LG TV there will be IN_Stop need to press it many time while your tv start to turn on... do it many time to insure the success and keep eyes on screen.. all sockets and cable should be in place
                                you can also plug in the TV LAN Ethernet cable from your router... and notice if it pick up IP.. you can see this at the surface of the router software/web log

Comment

i uploaded for you smart IR remote apk. install it on any android with IR sender. and set the program for lg tv. in the surface of LG TV there will be IN_Stop need to press it many time while your tv start to turn on... do it many time to insure the success and keep eyes on screen.. all sockets and cable should be in place
                                  you can also plug in the TV LAN Ethernet cable from your router... and notice if it pick up IP.. you can see this at the surface of the router software/web log
                                  Tried my luck pressing IN_Stop 100-200 times. TV does not react to this command. Tried both apps. One that I have and you've sent. No difference.

I have tired this command on other LG TV. It did not start that TV too. I had to turn TV on to activate this command. But its other LG....

Are you sure that In-Stop command should start TV?

Comment

IN_STOP didnt start the TV.... its turn off the set and reset the epprom to factory condition..

i wrote after you you turn on and the set start to turn on press IN_STOP

Comment

Tried with LG remote to turn on TV and with phone pressing IN_STOP command.
                                      No difference. Still same clicking.

Ar you sure that its main board fault? When yesterday I did tests, screen had white line.
                                      Last edited by lin4sm; 12-23-2019, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lin4sm View Post
                                        Tried with LG remote to turn on TV and with phone pressing IN_STOP command.
                                        No difference. Still same clicking.
                                        are you house user or workshop? did you have signal generator or oscilloscope?

Comment

Working...
                                        X