Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio M60-C3: dead PSU

Folks,

I have this Vizio M60-C3 with the PSU not showing any secondary voltages whatsoever. The main bridge rectifier shows 160v DC between M10 and M11 pins. No voltages on any pin of CN201, CN301 and CN202.

I tested ~90% of semiconductors on the board (everything that was easily testable with a multimeter w/o desoldering the component).

1. MOSFET Q1 (K8A65D) was shorted between all 3 pins. Replaced it with a TK8A65D(STA4QM)-ND from Digi-Key.
    2. Zener ZD5 was blown (yes, physically blown). It was a Vishay MMSZ5250, 20v, in SOT123, J5 4. Replaced it with a through hole 20v Zener from my stash.

Nothing else seems out of order, yet the board is still completely dead. Both the Q1 and the ZD5 replacements survived the power-on, so the problem must lie downstream from them and was most likely cased by the shorted Q1.

Does anyone have any idea where to look? Pix attached.

P.S. Is there a Boolean search on the forum? No matter what I do the search reveals the results in the form Vizio OR M60-C3 which is rather useless.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by HAHOMETP; 02-13-2017, 05:51 PM.

Re: Vizio M60-C3: dead PSU

If all legs on Q1 were shorted, then I would check all the components of the gate drive circuit of the FET and the PWM that switches it. Also make sure the PWM gets Vcc. Other than that it will play dead too.
    Last edited by CapLeaker; 02-13-2017, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X