Samsung LN32A450C1DXZA won't power on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LN32A450C1DXZA won't power on

Looking at a TV for a friend. Power supply (BN44-00214A) appears to be ok. I can pull the PS_ON pin High and seem to be getting the proper output voltages. My problem appears to be with the main board, BN97-01995D. As soon as I plug the main board into the power supply, the power supply turns on. The main board is supplying ~3.5v to the PS_ON pin. After a few seconds it drops out, power supply turns off, then back on. It continues this cycle until the AC input is removed or the main board is unplugged. I can't find a schematic for the main board ANYWHERE. Anyone have experience troubleshooting one of these mainboards?

Re: Samsung LN32A450C1DXZA won't power on

Maybe consider the t-con or inverter boards. The main board could be sensing error from one of those boards and shutting it down.

Pictures would probably help get more responses.

Comment

Actually just came across this thread

Looks like inverter is a common fault. Check any fuses on it.

Comment

Please supply a good focused picture of the back of the main board.
        Look for C102, usually needs replacement.

Comment

google "budm c102".

Comment

This board doesn't appear to have the c102 cap described in the other threads.
            The reason I suspect the main board is due to the fact that it is sending the POWER ON signal as soon as it's plugged in, WITHOUT pressing the power switch.
            Attached Files

Comment

Backside
              Attached Files

Comment

To the top

Comment

POWER ON after plug in is normal for many tvs. You may be correct abt the main board but it sure won't hurt to test any other known faults before digging into the main. Good luck with it.

Comment

I guess we need to know what the PSon / BLon pins do when the TV goes nuts.

Comment

Pretty sure it's a main board issue. I can heat up the shielded portion of the main board and everything is normal. It doesn't send the PS_on signal until I push the power button. At which point the tv turns on fine. I am going to try and remove the shield and see what I can figure out. Will report back.

Comment

Look inside that shielded portion and check if you see any capacitors. If you do, change them all with quality caps and report back.

Comment

Here's what's under the shield. Any thoughts or suggestions? There is a tantalum cap on the bottom of the board similar to the c102. Looking at the data sheet it is a 100uF 6.3v looks like it is on the 2.5v line. Was planning on changing that and going from there.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Got a replacement mainboard for $20, and she's alive again. Thanks for all the input and suggestions.

Comment

Thanks for the follow-up on the repair, $20 is a great deal.
                              Never stop learning
                              Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                              http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Working...
                              X