Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dell 2709WB 2709W Monitor not powering on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell 2709WB 2709W Monitor not powering on.

Hi guys.

I was advised to ask here about my problem.

I have a Dell 2709w or 2709WB (same monitor, different regions).

I was switching input from my laptop to desktop and it would not display an image after that.

The blue power LED is on when the monitor is plugged in, but none of the buttons register (I can't turn it off using the on/off button on the front).

There is no picture on any input, just black screen, no OSD.

I have opened the monitor and had a look at the power supply. I dont see any odd looking capacitors (puffy?). I can post a photo of the guts if need be.

While I think I'm pretty knowledgeable with computers, this sort of stuff is out of my league.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Re: Dell 2709WB 2709W Monitor not powering on.

Take a look at this thread:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31873

Comment

Re: Dell 2709WB 2709W Monitor not powering on.

Originally posted by ironmanonsteam View Post
      Hi guys.

I was advised to ask here about my problem.

I have a Dell 2709w or 2709WB (same monitor, different regions).

I was switching input from my laptop to desktop and it would not display an image after that.

The blue power LED is on when the monitor is plugged in, but none of the buttons register (I can't turn it off using the on/off button on the front).

There is no picture on any input, just black screen, no OSD.

I have opened the monitor and had a look at the power supply. I dont see any odd looking capacitors (puffy?). I can post a photo of the guts if need be.

While I think I'm pretty knowledgeable with computers, this sort of stuff is out of my league.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
      ironmanonsteam Did you solved the issue? I have the exact symptoms. Right now I've installed a fan, to cool it down - no success

Comment

Working...
      X