recapped psu 37lc2d lg tv no pic no sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

recapped psu 37lc2d lg tv no pic no sound

I have posted this same question in the wrong forum? I beleive this is the right place to ask if any one can get me started on the next step. I have replace the obvious bad caps on the psu now I get 16 blinks on the power led then steady green no pic no sound back light is lit and steady. Just want to know what to check next, or if I need to go and lay down in traffic (JUST KIDDING)! New to this and Im learning all the time Thank YOU

Re: recapped psu 37lc2d lg tv no pic no sound

Pictures of PSU? Check 3.4V output, common failure.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I just acquired a 42LB1DR Tv also, no picture, no sound, backlights on. 3.4 V line reading 1.8V. Tom666-- Do you know of a board level fix/root cause for this problem? If not, I will have to buy the whole board and hope it would fix the TV. Please let em know.

Comment

I just ended up replacing the PSU. I suspect the controller IC (8 pin chip; next to the other two 8 pin chips) is the failure, but I never got to replace that part because I blew something else up on the PSU.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I bought a 37LC2D from a guy on CL that had backlights, but no pic or sound. Used my ESR and found (other than the obvious bad caps) that 2 - 470u 10v and 1 - 680u 10v caps next to the connectors measured high. Replaced them and the set works. Hope that helps somebody.

Comment

Thanks for posting back the fix. On the 37LC2D I serviced there was one bad cap (and it got really hot, the whole board was toasted under it.)

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
              Thanks for posting back the fix. On the 37LC2D I serviced there was one bad cap (and it got really hot, the whole board was toasted under it.)
              tom ive just picked one of these up from freecycle in bits psu removed etc yes i have one bad bulged cap and the board has got very hot underneath did you have to repalce and surface mount parts or did you just hook the psu to a bulb to test? i know its a old thread and you may not remember im also trying to find a good picture of the back of one of these sets to show me where all the connectors go i may be able to work them out but they have been removed from the mainboard too so just have a bag of wiring harness and screws etc.

37lc2d-ec
              Last edited by vinceroger69; 07-26-2014, 04:50 AM.

Comment

http://www.3030.com.tw/Image/jv-LG-37LC2D-01.jpg
                Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

thanks selldor very close but not the same the set i have (will upload pics soon) has two mainboard side by side with 3 white and one grey multi strand wire connector joining them together one board has scart inputs one has hdmi/ldvs connector on cheers for trying to help have to pop out soon will check back later

37lc2d-ec
                  Last edited by vinceroger69; 07-26-2014, 04:49 AM.

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...9&d=1353449783

Last edited by selldoor; 07-26-2014, 08:37 AM.
                    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

thanks selldoor top link spot on i will replace the capacitors the put the harnesses back in correct place cheers again will update when done repair tomorrow.

second link i get download error on pdf?
                      Last edited by vinceroger69; 07-26-2014, 12:40 PM.

Comment

I just click on "open" and it works fine? I am using Opera and opens with Adobe reader

Comment

cheers will try firefox in a bit any way new problem i took out and measured all the caps to place a order but for now ive installed some used tested esr and uf wise caps now im back to the psu clicking constantly ive took the psu bk out of the tv and using 1k resistor 5v standby and on the relay just clicks about every 10 seconds so must be a short on the psu somewhere i leant my digital camera out so cant upload pics till tmoz.

PSU LGLP2637HEP

some one else has had the same issue ive just pmed him too see if he replies

i just fixed my LG 32 lcd tv, psu model lglp2637hep, i found only one bulgecap and psu relay was clicking on and off as soon power cord was applied, and no led lights,
                          have you checked all the correct voltages on you connector sockets, i had to replace two shorted mosfets.
                          Last edited by vinceroger69; 07-27-2014, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Thanks selldoor link works great in firefox on my laptop ive managed to find a gauranteed psu fot £19.00 delivered so took a chance on it.I had a good look at old psu under magnification various parts was heat stressed and turned dark brown also one of the psu to mainboard sockets had turned yellow with overheating so will see how the second hand psu does when i comes (my luck the screen will be cracked haha) will update when it comes.
                            Last edited by vinceroger69; 07-27-2014, 07:59 AM.

Comment

time for update on this well i replaced the psu set power up fine screen ok showed no signal screen which was weired since i had a aeriel in any way decide to do a full scan to see what happens it completed ok and had a great picture now the issue no sound tested all votages on ps all spot on except 3.4v on this reads 2.00volts read a few threads a few members have this issue on this pin all the other 3.4 volts are fine reading 3.4 volts. anyway checked tv speakers was turned on and they are on, i then decided to do a factory reset and redo scans etc after this the sound has been on fine for hour no issues at all i will try powering it on and off and un plugging it from the mains as thses sets dont have a power swich it just goes to standby.so i not sure if this is a intermitant fault or somehow the set remembered how the old powersupply had failed ie 3.4v fault overheating and blown caps.

Comment

Hi there, I'm trying to fix an lg 37lc2d tv the problem that I have is that when I connect tv the green light blinks about 14 times and then it comes steady but I have no sound and video and optical output light is off, I have checked 19, 6, 3.4 and 5 volts and it seems to be ok, I can turn on the tv if I press a button on the main board that seems to be reset, the optical light turns on and about 2 seconds tv turns on, and if I disconnect and connect "3.4v on" pin from p201 tv turns on too. Another thing that I found is that 12v when I haven't pressed reset button is about 11.3v but when I press it goes to about 9v and in less a second when backlight turns on it goes to 12v

Comment

We do not like double posts it just wastes our time and limited resources. Suggest you edit one to say sorry double post

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
                                    We do not like double posts it just wastes our time and limited resources. Suggest you edit one to say sorry double post
                                    Sorry for double posting I was just looking for a quick response, can you tell me how to edit the other post?

Comment

Working...
                                    X