Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell Vostro 3560 no power :'(

Hello everyone

My problem is i flashed unfortunately bios bigger than chip size ( yes i know im rly idiot) :/ then laptop shutdown suddenly in prosses with little power i mean the mouse i have is RGB light so its have low light now this is when AC power adaptor connected but if i unplug it with only battery connected when i press power button the mouse light appear then when i remove my finger from it light gone but no power @ all

so i tried this methods:

First i thought maybe there's some stuck charge in mobo so i removed whole things i mean whole just mobo with power button + cmos battery also then pressed power button for +30 secs

second i flashed the right bio hard way with spi programmer i did it before many times when the mobo was worked before for testing purposes

so still same problem i think now its maybe short in circuit or smd caps or mosfet dead or something i dnno

so im not pro with hardware components but i need someone technical expert here cuz i know theres lots of you mans (thats why i choosed this awesome forum to post my problem ) guide me what to do with multimeter to test figure out whats components dead to replace instead of replace the whole mobo cuz i cant do it and even send it to technical repair shop cuz it cost here so much $$ yes i mean it

so this is my schematic in attachment for this mobo

so thats it
    Attached Files
    Last edited by AGmR; 11-28-2016, 01:52 PM.

Re: Dell Vostro 3560 no power :'(

New things tried today :

desoldered both bio chips thought maybe they r bad or something

tested all fuses around power circuit with avometer they all good

same problem :/

Comment

Did you read and reprogram the BIOS chips off the board ?

Comment

yes Mr/diif they both readable on programmer out board i even erased and reprogramed them on the board but nothing happened same problem.
        Last edited by AGmR; 11-29-2016, 10:17 AM.

Comment

This is FullHD album photos for my mobo (LA-8241P)

its same just with dGPU Dell Inspiron 7520 model

>> http://www.thienbui.com/media/albums...-la-8241p.161/ <<

Comment

Someone gimme a hint plz , i have all necessary tools (solder iron , multimeter, hot air gun & even can buy replace components it's cheap)

i post link in above reply have all good quality pics for my mobo

but please any serious hint to measure in the name of GOD.

Comment

voltage on pl200 pl201 after pressing power botton ? measure before and while pressing power botton

voltages on battery connector without battery and power supply only ?

voltages on bios chip? before and while pressing power botton.

Comment

sry for late just take time to make sure measure is correct & thank you

Frist :before and while pressing on >> PL200 = 3.15V & PL201 = 4.95V

Second : 3.15V on pin 1, 2, 3 battery connector

Third : before and while pressing >> both chips on pin 1, 8 = 1.5V

my regards :-)

Comment

Computer was running ok before you flashed it with the wrong bios the first time??

You don't develop problems in circuit with an incorrect flash (that I have ever run into). You just end up with a bricked board that won't power on or not post.

Where are you getting the bios dump that you're flashing to the chip??
                  Last edited by katfish; 11-30-2016, 03:26 PM.

Comment

yes it was running so good before that shitty flashed i did

Mr/katfish, even if it was wrong bios or any some wrong hex code just written on bio chips mobo will just be so ok with power but i will get just beeps (i got that so many many times (my flash method from dos by command line) ) but this was flash bio with that insyde shitty original flashing program didnt have protect if the file bigger than the chip bios so it will keep flashing till BOOM on power.

I got the bios dump from vinafix (Vinafix.vn_Vostro 3560-A17)

but @ final as i said its not from bios its hardware problem cuz even if the both bios chips is out the mobo will work but with beeps as i said that before that final flash i did i mean.

Comment

Originally posted by AGmR View Post
                      +3V_PCH seem drop, I think should be 3V on pin 8 bios chips.

Comment

I have a feeling your going to have to flash the bios back to it original bin file using an ic reader writer and do it that way round my friend. If it was working before you flashed it and it doesn't now then try and lay your hands on the tool and do it manually. Best regards james

Comment

Originally posted by AGmR View Post
                          sry for late just take time to make sure measure is correct & thank you

Frist :before and while pressing on >> PL200 = 3.15V & PL201 = 4.95V

Second : 3.15V on pin 1, 2, 3 battery connector

my regards :-)
                          make a good picture of bios chip zone.

u have 1.5 volt on all bios pins ? from 1 to 8 (except maybe pin 4 that is gnd) ?

if yes something wrong with bios zone. remove bios, and make measurement of voltage.

pin 1,3,,5,6,8 should have 3.3 volt. pin 2 should be around 1 volt.

Comment

Originally posted by meritosari View Post
                            +3V_PCH seem drop, I think should be 3V on pin 8 bios chips.
                            Yes Mr/meritosari good observation i think so also so here we go it's from mobo itself :/

Originally posted by Diesalweasel View Post
                            I have a feeling your going to have to flash the bios back to it original bin file using an ic reader writer and do it that way round my friend. If it was working before you flashed it and it doesn't now then try and lay your hands on the tool and do it manually. Best regards james
                            Hello my friend im already bro have a SPI programmer + SOIC8 SOP8 Clip
                            so im already flashed both with original bios dumps now and i did it before so so many times before that happen so my friend its not from bios flashing
                            my kind regards to u :-)

Originally posted by dellxps15 View Post
                            make a good picture of bios chip zone.

u have 1.5 volt on all bios pins ? from 1 to 8 (except maybe pin 4 that is gnd) ?

if yes something wrong with bios zone. remove bios, and make measurement of voltage.

pin 1,3,,5,6,8 should have 3.3 volt. pin 2 should be around 1 volt.
                            Mr/dellxps

this is the bios chips zone (not taken by me) cuz i cant take a good photo with my mobile camera its shit quality im sorry its same as mean dnt wry >> in attachment <<

im already measured Mr. with & w/o bios chips same voltages from 1 : 8

all = 1.5V : 1.6V (except pin 4) i mean all even pin 2 as u said should be around 1v

so now im pretty sure it's from this zone or from power zone relate to it
                            you better than me :-)
                            Attached Files

Comment

so one bios is 16mbit and the other 32mbit. did u put them back properly ?

check all resistor near them if they are in good place...

u removed bios with hot air ? maybe u moved some resistor in wrong place...

Comment

Yes 4MB & 2MB. yes i did, im very sure.

i will now and let u know..

yes i used hot air, but no nothing moved im sure

anyway i will check & let u know.

Comment

So all resistors measure gave me values around bios chips

and all in there places nothing moved

do u need values of each resistor ? or it is ok
                                  Last edited by AGmR; 12-01-2016, 07:59 AM.

Comment

measure voltages of qz3 and qz4. problem must be here.

Comment

QZ3 & QZ4 voltages..
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by AGmR; 12-01-2016, 10:24 AM.

Comment

problem is qz3 gate.

check rz7 value (remember to remove power supply.
                                        it should be 470k

check also rz8 voltage both side.

Comment

Working...
                                        X