Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PN51D7000FFXZA bad Main board BN94-04689A

I have a bad main board BN94-04689A in my PN51D7000FFXZA

Symptoms are that the set turns on and picture comes in for all of 1 minute and 15 seconds then shuts down, reboots and cycles this pattern again and again.
    The problem lies in the Flash memory of IC1302. I guess it got corrupt, and I need to replace the IC since I have no equipment to reprogram an IC, access to the software, or any idea how to do that anyway. Does any one have this chip laying around on a bad board with maybe some different problem such as bad inputs or some sort of other issue?

http://assets.shopjimmy.com/media/ca...689a-top_2.jpg

Thanks
    Last edited by Nick's Tvs; 02-25-2016, 07:01 PM.

Re: PN51D7000FFXZA bad Main board BN94-04689A

Anyone possibly?

Comment

Hey, did you ever replace your chip? I just picked up a pn59d7000 with the same issue, although I don't even get 1:15 out of it. It looks like there's a seller on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/SamSung-PN59...-/322114274014

I sent him a message asking if he could flash a different firmware. He did have a past listing for our d7000 series tvs (pn64d7000 specifically: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-PN64...-/322049839255 ).

I just tested mine and freezing it does bring the tv back to life.

edit: I see he does have another listing for the d7000: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-PN64...-/322087007021

edit: I just grabbed the firmware files from samsung's website. Looks like it's all the same firmware (59d6500/51d7000/59d7000/64d7000). So that $40 d6500 one should work for both of us
      Last edited by ziddey; 05-21-2016, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Ziddey,

Last time I was able to just get a new board from a different retailer as there are actually a few models that are compatible with one another.
        BN94-04689A
        BN94-04689B
        BN94-04689C
        BN94-04709A
        BN94-04728A

Are all actually compatible with one another turns out.
        But what I did come to find out is that the firmware on those chips is actually good, the issue is the chip itself is failing. This is why freezing is working. After freezing the chip I was able to read it by using a really expensive reader and copy that good software onto a brand new chip.
        Finding a good chip supplier is fairly difficult however.

Comment

Ack, I forgot to update this thread. I did end up buying the nand chip on ebay and it worked great. Unfortunately, not even a week later, the TV got knocked over while I was away. A travesty

Comment

Hey Ziddey,

I have the exact same issue, no knowledge of electronics repair but want to try anyway. When you say you bough the "nand chip" on eBay, what are you referring to exactly? I'd like to order the same thing. I do see a used main board for sale for my tv too. I have the PN59D7000FFXZA.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

This is the chip that's most likely at fault: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-PN64...-/322282202849

Here's a listing for a repair service (same seller): http://www.ebay.com/itm/REPAIR-Samsu...-/322313311069

I definitely don't consider myself a pro at soldering at all, but this is not something to attempt without prior experience. That said, there's 48 leads to the chip, but not all of them are used, should you decide to give it a go yourself.

You can often test to see if this chip is bad by inverting a can of compressed gas (duster spray) and spraying the liquid to cool the chip down. If the tv stays on for longer than normal without cycling, the flash chip is bad. I was able to do this a few times to confirm before the method no longer worked.

I haven't searched extensively but I'm only finding the nand chip and repair service currently on ebay, with the cheapest being ~$136. I've got my tv buried back behind a bunch of stuff, but I could pull the board sometime next week and ship it out. Looking for $120 shipped. Probably too steep, but if you're interested, let me know.

Good luck! It was one hell of a tv before the screen met its death.

Comment

Ziddey,

I currently have the same issue with my TV. PN59d7000ffxza. I cannot find a main board or a chip anywhere. Do you still have your main board available? I would be interested.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kforrest3 View Post
                  Ziddey,

I currently have the same issue with my TV. PN59d7000ffxza. I cannot find a main board or a chip anywhere. Do you still have your main board available? I would be interested.

Thanks
                  The memory IC1302 is still available on ebay. Try searching "IC1302". I just bought one. Unfortunately, it did not work. The tv still cycled over and over. Freezing the new IC did not have any effect.

I reinstalled the original memory IC and freezing it did work! Maybe the memory IC I got was also bad. Or maybe this IC1302 is not really the problem, but freezing it somehow gets the board to work. I dunno?

If you buy this IC1302, let us know how it works out.

Update: The seller is sending me a replacement IC1302 memory. I will try to remember to let you know if it works or not.
                  Last edited by kdh2012; 01-11-2017, 01:29 PM. Reason: update

Comment

Could one freeze it to stay on long enough for firmware update?

Comment

you could freeze it to read it on a programmer so you could copy it to a new chip,
                      but an update can not fix a failing chip.
                      WHY CAN'T PHILIPS USE PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS?

Comment

HELP. TV was displaying on off on every two minutes. Messing around with service menu I turned off MICOM, TV stayed on, no more on-off-on, like a dope I turned TV off. TV now does not respond to remote or pressing buttons on front. Seems like there should be some way to wake up MICOM without replacing chip or board. Is there or have I ruined TV?

Comment

Old thread, but if any are still reading it thanks for posting the above info, it helped me troubleshoot my issue. PN64D7000 was power cycling non stop, wouldn't stay on more than 5-10 seconds. I measured and was getting the expected voltages on Vs, Va, 5, 15, etc. they were correct, but would drop out as the tv recycled with a relay click. No swollen caps or anything obvious anywhere. Tried disconnecting all the other boards and just testing the power board. Cycling stopped. Cycling only occurred when the main board (Bn94-04689C) was connected. Saw the note about freezing the IC1302 with an overturned air duster, and it worked! Tv fired right up and has been running for several hours. I've intentionally turned it on/off multiple times with no issue. 8 realize this is not a permanent fix, but was surprised to see it work. I see there are both bare ICs and full boards available on eBay still. If this one is compatible I might just buy it and save the hassle/risk of trying to solder that tiny Ic.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BN94-04689A...4383.l4275.c10

The chip is still for sale

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-PN6....c100011.m1850

Comment

Couple pics
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for info. My TV is version i201. Does that matter much regarding main board?

Comment

All of the following main boards are interchangeable and compatible with one another regardless of size and models.

BN94-04709A
                                BN94-04728A
                                BN94-04689A
                                BN94-04689B
                                BN94-04689C

Just find the cheapest service offered on eBay and or cheapest Nand you can find and replace the chip yourself if you have the ability to do so.

I highly recommend you ask the following question from any supplier that sells these chips.
                                Ask them if they can guarantee the chip to have 0 bad blocks on it.
                                If they say no, or don't know what that means, then do not purchase from that seller.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for info. TV wants to play, feels it is grounded. Not sure if I am capable of such tiny precision soldering. If complete board is purchased (won) on eBay does chip have to be programmed or set after installation? Does a new chip on existing board have to be programmed or set? If I were able to get chip soldered on would I then go to the service menu and set chip?

Comment

Douglas,
                                    If you purchase a new board on eBay, then you can just plug it in the set and the TV should work given that the board is in functional condition. No need to program anything.

Comment

Can someone post a link to something I could watch to see if I could soldier this chip onto the board?
                                      I have confirmed that is my issue and ordered a new chip.

Comment

Try youtube. Use search function.
                                        I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Working...
                                        X