Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DELL 3521 - Problem with start. KB9012 question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DELL 3521 - Problem with start. KB9012 question.

DELL 3521, LA-9101P
    Laptop always starts like this: First turn on without screen (also no vga, hdmi). Then I hold power switch 4s - turn off. Then turn on - it start with no screen, then reset itself, and start with screen (working ok). I tried 3 different bios +ec pack, on new IC- always same procedure to start it (I tried about 30 times). I cleaned ME Region on oryginal dump - same thing. I disconnected PJP800 (to turn off AMD GPU) same procedure to turn on - so it is not GPU problem. I also changed RAM, and power supply.
    I think it maybe KBC KB9012 A3 problem- but I know it's programmable.
    My question - if i solder NEW (never used) KBC - it will program itself from bios with first use or I have to program it? I had this self programming once, but i don't rememeber what model of KBC that was. I haven't got KBC programmer.
    Last edited by bumper1; 06-28-2018, 07:29 AM.

Re: DELL 3521 - Problem with start. KB9012 question.

Originally posted by bumper1 View Post
    DELL 3521, LA-9101P
    Laptop always starts like this: First turn on without screen (also no vga, hdmi). Then I hold power switch 4s - turn off. Then turn on - it start with no screen, then reset itself, and start with screen (working ok). I tried 3 different bios +ec pack, on new IC- always same procedure to start it (I tried about 30 times). I cleaned ME Region on oryginal dump - same thing. I disconnected PJP800 (to turn off AMD GPU) same procedure to turn on - so it is not GPU problem. I also changed RAM, and power supply.
    I think it maybe KBC KB9012 A3 problem- but I know it's programmable.
    My question - if i solder NEW (never used) KBC - it will program itself from bios with first use or I have to program it? I had this self programming once, but i don't rememeber what model of KBC that was. I haven't got KBC programmer.
    First you need check plug in speaker and check how many beep.When idea what problem.

Comment

Check Cmos battery voltage

Comment

Originally posted by imranromi View Post
        First you need check plug in speaker and check how many beep.When idea what problem.
        I have 5 beeps ("Real Time Clock (RTC) power fail" ??? )
        But battery has 3V, and +RTCVCC i about 2,9V (measured on pin:1 DH1) (without main battery and power supply). With different battery, or without rtc battery behavior is the same as above.

Comment

Cmos problem when first time laptop turn on press power button hold 20 sec and press again wait for display.

Comment

wtf???? i read this.. had the same problem... 5 beeps, programmed bios and still the same

so i did what imranromi said... laptop turned on. Thank you very much... this method is fox for 5x beeps...
            Im Back... sort of...

Comment

make a picture of the motherboard!
              PICTURE and schematic
              Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

motherboard was VAW00 LA-9104P dell inspiron 3521 uma intel

5x beeps... turn on to hear beeps, press power button and hold 20 sec. laptop turn off, the press button to turn on. it does some funky things (turn on and off, fan spin and stop few times) and then display picture.... crazy stuff. big thanks for "hack"
                Im Back... sort of...

Comment

With that all said, it didnt work for me.... BUT,...

what is going on that the procedure given by imranromi works? I am curious I guess "how" that works or why it does.

Is it resetting something to do with BIOS, EC, or KB?

I had my 3521 working by applying Vcc to CS on UH2 and turning it on. REplaced the CMOS also. But after ot plugging in and not charging for severl months in the closet, it is doing the same thing again (no beeps, no post, no screen, powers on, no HDD activity and the UH2 trick I mentioned isnt working anymore).

Sorry if this is considered hijacking a thread.

Comment

what is the theory behind pressing power-button for a while?
                    what component does get defective inside or outside CPU/PCH that causes electricity to trap in some section of mainboard?

Comment

Working...
                    X