Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phillips 47pfl3603d/f7 P.S. Caught Fire!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phillips 47pfl3603d/f7 P.S. Caught Fire!

The TV a Phillips 47pfl3603d/f7 was dead, Power Supply # 272217100571.
    F101 1 amp 250v fuse was open. I replaced the fuse and R5 a metalized resistor caught fire burning the the paint and slightly burning the board. Resistor reads 118 ohms but there are no longer any colors to veiw.The diodes surrounding R5 were not shorted. I also notice IC101 FSQ 510 was cracked. I tried 3 times to send pics from phone to my email
    but the computer can not veiw the pics for some reason. I can not find a free Service Manual or a PS Schematic. Does anyone know where I can download one?
    Thanks

Re: Phillips 47pfl3603d/f7 P.S. Caught Fire!

Chassis num of set e.g. Q523.2A? Written on same tag as model number usually.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

These PSUs are known to fail rather violently. Here's a repair kit, but I don't know whether it contains all the parts you need: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/190926117173?lpid=82
      Last edited by capkid; 11-04-2013, 02:43 PM.
      LG Plasma Mal-Discharge Correction Service

Comment

Thank You Tom.
        I got a manual. It gave good detailed schematic on the Main Board and others
        but only a Block Diagrahm of the Power Supply, not what I really needed.
        R5 the precision 1% green,yellow,brown,red, brown. The resistor does not show the value and the colors are gone burnt off. All I was going by was a photo of the board at ShopJimmy on the zoom funtion. No Power Supply Schematic! I seeother places on line that sell Service Manuals but some state no Schematics. What a rip off that is.
        Thanks
        Tom

Comment

Need chassis number to potentially get you a schematic, without that cannot get you anything...
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Ok. Tom I got the chassis # LC8.1U LA. I will try again to send pic from my phone. It burn the board under the Resistor. That can be cut away.
            Attached Files

Comment

That will happen when you put in a higher rated slow burn fuse with having a bad ic101. Replace ic101 and the resistor(120 ohm),and a new fuse. Touch up all the solder joints on the transformers to prevent fires also. I have seen 4 so far.

Comment

i have the same problem. already changed ic u101, and a new fuse. now my r5 and fuse will be burn. is there any solution for this board to fix?

Comment

Take a pic of u101. It may be a fake.

Comment

We offer a repair service for this board and have sometimes found the large mosfets to the lower left side of the board to have shorts. We also have sometimes seen the two large filter capacitors to bulge and leak and cause other parts of the board to malfunction.
                    I would check all of your transistors on each heatsinks for shorts, check those large filter caps for bulging and leaking, and as mentioned by TVtimmy those U101 might be fake. who did you purchase them from?

Comment

Originally posted by abba81 View Post
                      i have the same problem. already changed ic u101, and a new fuse. now my r5 and fuse will be burn. is there any solution for this board to fix?
                      You can use a 40 or 60 watt main lines voltage bulb in series in place of the fuse instead and power-up. If there are no shorts, the bulb will light up momentarily and be dim later. if there is a short, the bulb will be lit up bright. at that point, quickly switch off the power to the power-supply board.

Comment

Working...
                      X