One big lol of a diablotek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One big lol of a diablotek

Last satueday when i was working at the computer store, someone came in with their (self-built) pc. They tell me that it only worked for a fewseconds the first time they turned it but turnes off and never turned on again. So im too lazy to write up a service ticket and it wasnt busy so i told them id take a quick look. So i plug it in, and try to turn it on. A slight fan twitch then nothing. So i open it up, and check it out.
    The problem was as follows: i looked at the psu ifrst, cuz thats what i was auapecting. DIABLOTEK!!! And im like hmmm i wonder what wattage. Well it said 1050w!!! And im like lol and upon further inspection the following has happened: this person figured that since it was a 1kw psu it would run 3 hard drives, a gtx480, and a phenom x6. And after spending thousands on parts, they bought this cheapo diablotek. Lol. And so i made them go down to best buy (a block down the road) and they came back with a corsair something and so i stuck it in and it worked.
    And upon telling them the psu was fried (psu tester disnt even turn on) they were like oh.

Re: One big lol of a diablotek

That thing is actually an overrated 600W supply. Here: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php...tory3&reid=187
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

like it. hope those people learn something from it..
      days are so short when you actually do something..

Comment

Reminds me of this. At least his PSU didn't explode.
        I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Yeah ive seen that clip. It turned out to be a raidmax...(someonw figured it out)

Comment

According to Wolf, the 1050W Diablotek actually damaged his testing equipment when it went out. So there's quality craftmanship for ya.

Comment

diablotek=total shit.
              havent seen a diablotek that i didnt just throw away on sight.had a customer with trouble on a brand new build.
              the diablotek psu was identical to an okia already in the trash other than paint.came with the case.2 weeks old and the secondary caps had already hatched.

Comment

Thats pretty sucky. Well the 350w diablotek i hought off newegg ( not really gonna use the noisy pos) has 3 yr warranty

Comment

if its the one i think it is its a gutless wonder like the echo star and apower.save some grief and toss it.or like i will do target practice.how many 7.62x39 rounds till its not recognisable as a power supply?

Comment

I think all cheapo psus under $20 are gutless wonders. Exceptthe pixxo 500w. It looks like junk but it actually decent heatsinks and a portion of an input filter.

Comment

The pixxo 600W is an actual 600W. It's a keymouse copy of the ATNG AP-500X, actually has OCP and it's set at exactly 600W.

http://www.clubedohardware.com.br/artigos/1673

Here's clubedohardware's review of the dr. hank brand that uses the same keymouse model as the pixxo 600w. I got it to see if it was really a 600W, and it's internally identical to the dr. hank.

Comment

I've seen several Key mouse branded 450W PSUs which look identical to the Dr. Hank PSU in the review (https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9446). 370forlife said it was probably a 300-350W, but maybe it is actually a 450W.
                        I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Those ones are a bit different. I think they are a copy of the older ATNG AP-XXX platform, which only went to 420W. Notice that the Kmex in your old post has a third PWM transformer? It's a older half-bridge unit, the dr. hank (lawson) uses a single transistor forward with two of them in parallel.

Comment

As I just learned, Diablotek's are made by DongGuan Golden Tiger Electronic Technology when they aren't being made by leadman.

http://www.dggdpower.com/ProductDeta...yMode=0&Jon=36

Comment

Originally posted by Silentbob View Post
                              According to Wolf, the 1050W Diablotek actually damaged his testing equipment when it went out. So there's quality craftmanship for ya.
                              Yes. I know. Ive read every single pau review by jonnyguru.com.

Comment

Working...
                              X