Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can You Identify These LED's

Hello there,

My second post - I am in awe of 1 - Not only the level of knowledge within this forum but also (and mainly - if I'm honest!!) 2 - The open and free assistance of techies and experienced DIY'rs who share their experience so unreservedly with lower beings such as I....

I am simply trying to obtain new parts (preferably) or 2nd hand for a 2 year old Sony T.V.

Where can I source the pictured LED panels (boards) or individual LED's???

Does anyone have any knowledge of their specs. etc., - they are an unusual design in that they side mount, the led (actual light producing area of the chip) is a small rectangular area on the vertical face (see pics) - the rear area (where main solder pads are) park against a silicon heat transfer pad when mounted in the TV chassis to reduce heat.
    Attached Files

Re: Can You Identify These LED's

Try providing more information, like TV MODEL number, maybe PANEL number, 2 year old Sony could be anything

Comment

Measure one led. Post a photo of the entire board.

Comment

Haven't seen any like this in searches for TV bits but had to post that only yesterday while on a friends 40' cruiser saw two strings about 15 on each of very similar square shape and he confirmed they were lighting LEDs for the rear deck area.

Comment

The only ones I've seen in that style are these below, but they are 7032 and not as square as yours.
          It would be handy to know what dimensions yours are.
          They seem to be refereed to as side view if that helps.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for all responses - I haven't seen similar chips (so thought pictures might elicit a response - my bad!) - Offending equipment is a Sony 55" screed UHD television - Model KD-55X9005C - the led boards are marked with P/N - NLAW50350 (with further i.d. in form of either "LS2 or LS3 or LS4" following the P/N), there are three in total, each with 72 LED's - so, totalling 216 LED's.
            I measured (in situ on the panel) a chip with a gauge (in thou's (inches)) as follows: -
            Width (shoulder to shoulder) - 167ths. (4.24mm)
            Height - 142ths (3.6mm)
            Depth (thickness) - 52ths (1.32mm)
            So going by normal methods for LED identification and allowing for rounding, these chips would be 4236 specification (or thereabouts).
            In my internet travels around suppliers in the East, repair/replace companies etc., I haven't seen anything remotely similar - so are these generic to Sony only?
            Pictures of strip & P/N info attached.
            - Thanks again...
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi all can anybody tell me which leds to buy for a celcus 40 inch vestel tv?,i know they are 2835 but what current and voltage and wattage do i need to order,many thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie123 View Post
                Hi all can anybody tell me which leds to buy for a celcus 40 inch vestel tv?,i know they are 2835 but what current and voltage and wattage do i need to order,many thanks in advance!
                Hi if you can start a new thread and include your full tv model number and the lcd panel number (on white sticker on metal tv chassis) also have you got a picture of the led strip used in your tv thanks

Comment

Hi i think i need to activate my email to start a new thread,thanks for the reply the tv is celcus dled40125fhd with VES400UNDS-03 panel and ive attached a picture,ill activate my email later on and start a new thread the next time i need help thank you.

Attached Files

Comment

Hi i think i need to activate my email to start a new thread,thanks for the reply the tv is celcus dled40125fhd with VES400UNDS-03 panel and ive attached a picture,ill activate my email later on and start a new thread the next time i need help thank you.

Maybe send this ebay seller a message with your led strip number im sure he will help you a few members have purchased items from him
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VESTEL-VE...gAAOSwfXBZp~HT

Comment

Thank you i already messaged him and he says that all the lg 3825 leds are the same spec i think the ones i bought from china are fakes sold as the same leds but they are not rated the same as some others i bought from a seller in the uk..,i have activated my account but i have no clue where the link is to start a new thread can you tell me where to find it,thanks for your patience!

Comment

Thank you i already messaged him and he says that all the lg 3825 leds are the same spec i think the ones i bought from china are fakes sold as the same leds but they are not rated the same as some others i bought from a seller in the uk..,i have activated my account but i have no clue where the link is to start a new thread can you tell me where to find it,thanks for your patience!
                        if you go back to the trouble shooting tvs and videos sources part of the forum you will see in blue towards the top start a new thread just click on that and yes china leds can be a bit hit or miss colour and amp wise etc

Comment

thank you ever so much vince.

Comment

thank you ever so much vince.
                            The only other option too get a exact match is buy a used strip like this
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-BACKL...oAAOSwXshaRrYP
                            then use the stacking method to replace the leds
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxwdC7V5Ue0&t=1617s

Comment

do you think the stacking method is better than using a hotplate to fix them?,thx.

Comment

I had thought i had fixed this tv but on one strip i had to replace 5 yes five leds! on one strip alone...to be honest i should have discarded that strip i think if more then one or two leds are gone on a strip its prob better to toss them and find a used one that has not been repaired..the tv worked for two weeks but now the backlight has failed again it might not be the leds i replaced and could be some of the original ones on the strips.Ill strip the tv down again tom and see which ones have failed,thanks for your help and patience some really nice people on this site,have a good day.

Comment

Working...
                                X