insignia 32" ldvd32g-10a acid trippy osd+ inputs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

insignia 32" ldvd32g-10a acid trippy osd+ inputs

Man i got ripped on this one... traded a nice 42" plasma i just fixed for this supposdly perfect working unit and a bunch of other junkers..

when i play a dvd in the onboard dvd player, the pic looks good. THe little box that says "dvd" momentairly in the upper left also looks good.

However the osd and any inoput i use looks acid trippy- like a photo negative almost.

Has anybody ran into this? google search shows alot of folks with the same prob. Hopefully i have a blown pico fuse somewhere or something else simple.. this is a bummer man.
    Last edited by cadillacman; 04-25-2011, 09:35 PM.

Re: insignia 32" ldvd32g-10a acid trippy osd+ inputs

Originally posted by cadillacman View Post
    Man i got ripped on this one... traded a nice 42" plasma i just fixed for this supposdly perfect working unit and a bunch of other junkers..

when i play a dvd in the onboard dvd player, the pic looks good. THe little box that says "dvd" momentairly in the upper left also looks good.

However the osd and any inoput i use looks acid trippy- like a photo negative almost.

Has anybody ran into this? google search shows alot of folks with the same prob. Hopefully i have a blown pico fuse somewhere or something else simple.. this is a bummer man.
    Probably not a picofuse. But I would start looking at voltage regulators and caps. 'Acid trippy' sounds like a lot of ripple in a power supply rail.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
      Probably not a picofuse. But I would start looking at voltage regulators and caps. 'Acid trippy' sounds like a lot of ripple in a power supply rail.

PlainBill
      man i sure hope thats all it is. i will post pics as soon as i figure out the wifes new camera..
      Attached Files
      Last edited by cadillacman; 04-26-2011, 11:49 AM.

Comment

That is a bad panel.

Comment

Did you say that the on board dvd player showed a good picture?

Comment

exactly. WHen i use the onboard dvd player it looks perfect. so it aint the panel..

Comment

Try feeding this unit by way of different inputs. One input may be hosed for the moment.
              The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

all the red green blue component inputs look like that. all the tv function osds look like that. vol display looks like that.

onboard dvd looks good, cable input shows regular colored snow so id assume thats an ok input( i need to get a remote fort this damn thing- id like to try a factory reset just for gigs)

Comment

exactly. WHen i use the onboard dvd player it looks perfect. so it aint the panel..
                  Post a perrfect picture

Comment

Even the OSD has distortion.

Comment

give me about 1/2 hr and i will. getting readt to tear it apart now and will get a pic of it before i tear it apart..

Comment

ok wtf.. man i promise you when i checked this yesterday at work i played dvds for about 6 hrs- screen looked great. the only distortion noted at that time was with the osd only.

now the video from the dvd player is also trippy. Un fing believeable.

Could be this tv was mostly fine untill i transported it home or something....

heres pics of the remaning screen that is still "happy"

weired stripes in the second pic are from the camera..
                        Attached Files

Comment

Whenever you do post a picture, post one of a good dvd picture. This set's problems are puzzling.
                          The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

that pic is a clue however the dvd pic should be when the dvd's playing. That screen is just a two color screen. Hard to confirm the problem is still there or not.

Comment

Its there now. Im sure you think im nuts but it was not there before.

i guess 6 hrs of watching movies at work isnt good enough for this pos. Im not bothering to take a dvd pic because it looks just like the damn other stuff now.(however intermittently ill get a brief glimpse of proper color)

Comment

Check all cables and ribbon cables. There is something loose it sounds like.

Comment

man i sure hope so. Heading downstairs to my arcade/electronics shop now( finally)
                                  wish me luck!

Comment

I'd be especially thorough with the LVDS cable. I know some Vizios suffered from LVDS cable defects that would cause a miscolored image (although not to the extent pictured).

Comment

pulled and reseated every cbale twice.. no dice. I havs good clean 5vdc(5.2 actually) and good clean 12v. No ac ripple in either one as well.

Looks like the mainboard got wet at some point, i have very odd white stuff on it.

theres also a big chip on the mainboard (traces fronm the tcon cable lead here) with a heatsink on it.

Its poorly installed formt eh factory so the heatsink just wobbles. I wonder if thos board is just effed.
                                      Last edited by cadillacman; 04-26-2011, 08:39 PM.

Comment

pulled and reseated every cbale twice.. no dice. I havs good clean 5vdc(5.2 actually) and good clean 12v. No ac ripple in either one as well.

Looks like the mainboard got wet at some point, i have very odd white stuff on it.

theres also a big chip on the mainboard (traces fronm the tcon cable lead here) with a heatsink on it.

Its poorly installed formt eh factory so the heatsink just wobbles. I wonder if thos board is just effed.
                                        You have a bad panel. All the wishing in the world won't make it a good panel.
                                        There is a remote possibility that the T-Con board is the cause or as you pointed out the LDVS cable (very unlikely for this symptom). The likely hood is the panel itself. I have seen this flaw many, many times.

Don't forget, that there is a good deal of electronics mounted under the metal shield of the panel. That electronics is connected to the set via ribbon connections to the T-Con board.

Comment

Working...
                                        X