intel G31PR freezing after heatup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

intel G31PR freezing after heatup

i have an intel g31pr montherbaord. when it in cold boot its working perfectly after almost 10 mintues it freezes then when i restart it giving memory beep.i am sure its not because of bad memory i changed lot of memories same problem coming .. to get the board work again need to cool down about 15 mintues. is it beacuse of bad caps? i could not find any bad caps. please answer me

Re: intel G31PR freezing after heatup

Are all of the cooling fans working?

Does it have a fan to pull air over the CPU heat sink?

Do you have software installed that will monitor the CPU temperature and if so, what is the CPU temperature?

If you have a can of component cooler or compressed air you can use that to cool down the CPU heat sink and see if that will help it restart in less than 15 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by T30M31 View Post
      Are all of the cooling fans working?

Does it have a fan to pull air over the CPU heat sink?

Do you have software installed that will monitor the CPU temperature and if so, what is the CPU temperature?

If you have a can of component cooler or compressed air you can use that to cool down the CPU heat sink and see if that will help it restart in less than 15 minutes.
      the motherboard is not in case i placed on table mean breadboard.. so south bridge have littile bit hot but i place an heatsink over it. cpu temperature is noramal around 50 degree in bios and fan is working. also somtimes mb not freezing but wen it restrt it giving memory beep
      Last edited by srt1; 03-18-2014, 09:22 AM.

Comment

After 10 minutes of operation does the CPU temperature still read 50 degrees?

I would use a fan or component cooler to cool different parts of the board to isolate the problem. Try cooling the memory modules, CPU, south bridge, and anything else that seems hot to see if you can get it to run more than 10 minutes.

Comment

If there are no bad caps, i would suspect that there is a problem with the Northbridge. You could try reflowing it.
          Originally posted by PeteS in CA
          Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
          A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Check and changed SMPS some time bad caps of smps make Mobo Frz..

Comment

After 10 minutes of operation does the CPU temperature still read 50 degrees?

I would use a fan or component cooler to cool different parts of the board to isolate the problem. Try cooling the memory modules, CPU, south bridge, and anything else that seems hot to see if you can get it to run more than 10 minutes.
              cpu temperature is normal around 50 to 55 degree in operation south bridge have hot but i place a fan over it but problm stil thr .board is worked without freezing many times. .i check it 30 minites 45 mintus etc. but problm is wen i restrat it giving memory beep even 10 mintues of on condition. is it also i am using a debug pci card in pci slot .but its not displaying any code showing always 00 code wen it posting. i have same another g31pr mb. it giving all post codes.

Comment

Is the mother board an Intel Dg31pr ?

Can you tell me who makes the memory and the part number of the memory modules?

Please try this when the computer has cooled down.
                Start computer and let it run 10 minutes.
                Turn off the computer and remove AC power cord for 2 minutes.
                Connect AC power cord and start computer.

Does it give memory beep now?

Comment

Originally posted by actlt View Post
                  Check and changed SMPS some time bad caps of smps make Mobo Frz..
                  i changed smps same problem stil thr

Comment

Is the mother board an Intel Dg31pr ?

Can you tell me who makes the memory and the part number of the memory modules?

Please try this when the computer has cooled down.
                    Start computer and let it run 10 minutes.
                    Turn off the computer and remove AC power cord for 2 minutes.
                    Connect AC power cord and start computer.

Does it give memory beep now?
                    yea mb is dg31pr intel make. i found another things right now. i have lot of ddr2 rams different make and different size. out of these only two rams working perfectly without any problem . that ram is kingston make part number is KVR667D2N5/1G. - 667MHZ AND 1GB SIZE. this ram not giving problems. but all other ram working on cold boot. but all othr rams are working perfectly on other boards also on my another dg31pr. i turned off and wait for 2 minutes but stil giving memory beep at same time i tried kingston ram. it is working
                    Last edited by srt1; 03-19-2014, 10:33 AM.

Comment

That Kingston ram is on the Intel list of memory modules that have been tested to work with the DG31pr mother board.

This is a link to the Intel memory list.
                      http://www.intel.com/support/motherb.../CS-027918.htm

I am glad you solved the problem.

Comment

Thanks for everyone who replay for me. Especialy for T30m31. But i have doubt is it only memory compatible problem? I have hynix and some other brands it giving beep problms

Comment

Try running the memory at a slower clock and more lax timings. See if that changes anything. Unless you have genuine Hynix RAM (i.e. not just Hynix chips on the RAM module, but also proper info in CPU-Z), the module could be made from binned RAM chips, so there's no 100% guarantee it will work at the advertised speeds.

It could also be the BGA joints on the NB as Th3_uN1Qu3 suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
                            Try running the memory at a slower clock and more lax timings. See if that changes anything. Unless you have genuine Hynix RAM (i.e. not just Hynix chips on the RAM module, but also proper info in CPU-Z), the module could be made from binned RAM chips, so there's no 100% guarantee it will work at the advertised speeds.

It could also be the BGA joints on the NB as Th3_uN1Qu3 suggested.
                            thanku..

Comment

Working...
                            X