ASUS N550JV EC (ITE) firmware need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS N550JV EC (ITE) firmware need

Hello, i have this ASUS N550JV which out of the blue shorted both ITE and PCH chips, it just shut down never to power on again. I have replaced both, but now i need the firmware for the ITE IT8585E. I have the SVOD Programmer to write it, i am successful in communicating with the chip but i don't have the firmware to program it.

Thanks in advance guys.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Re: ASUS N550JV EC (ITE) firmware need

From another forum:
    Attached Files

Comment

I have a dumb question, if you only replace the ITE with one from a similar mobo, do you still need to program it ?
      Thanks

Comment

My experience with IT8985E is that you can program it with the data that Asus included in bios you can download from Asus website, but, at least, in motherboard Asus X200MA, what you write into ITE, is re-writed again with data included in pch-bios, (when you power on laptop again) so at least in Asus X200MA, is a waste of time. (Probably this behavior is common in all laptop Asus motherboards)
        Last edited by Francisco.s; 09-24-2016, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the help, i actually got the BIOS, EC BIOS and boardview for $4 on a paysite, i will share them here. The laptop is still not turning on but it is charging the battery, i will leave it aside for a while and update when i come back to it.
          Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
            Thanks for the help, i actually got the BIOS, EC BIOS and boardview for $4 on a paysite, i will share them here. The laptop is still not turning on but it is charging the battery, i will leave it aside for a while and update when i come back to it.
            Any news? I have same problem, Short on KBC, changed, reprogrammed but no boot, no fan activity, only led and heat up.....

Comment

Will take a look at it again tomorrow. In your case you may need to also replace PCH.

Comment

the_unique , tell me , wich is your overall consume on this machine .
                also why did you flashedd ITE ? did you replaced it ?
                also , tell me exact board code with revision included and wich ID rom chip you got in MB

i add this machines a few times , only flashed once the ITE on does board and was due to KBC was broken and needed replacement . ll outher times issues with no image , were related to bios , and was not easy finding a working bios for my models (i mean good working for this certain board )
                so first of all , DSC or UMA then CONSUME overall , then give us board code with revision included and the size of the bios
                and we will help you with that mate

Comment

also attention ,you shorted 3valw /3valw_ec so therefore if pch and kbc were damaged you might find some outher ics damaged . chek well if 3 volts line is ok as also 5volts line

Comment

Will take a look at it again tomorrow. In your case you may need to also replace PCH.
                    ok, next graphic chip order buy one PCH and try, thanks

Comment

PCH replaced, all OK!!! thank's my friend
                      Attached Files

Comment

I have a problem with this board, n550jv rev 2.0 , plug in adapter , the laptop start it self, with power led and wifi led on , if i try to shut down from power button , powers up again.

i have 1.7 v and 1.3 v on i7

any help ?

i flash bios and kbc

Comment

any help

Comment

Originally posted by angel-boy View Post
                            any help
                            Same problem here, turns on itself after force shutdown from pwbutton

Comment

Originally posted by angel-boy View Post
                              I have a problem with this board, n550jv rev 2.0 , plug in adapter , the laptop start it self, with power led and wifi led on , if i try to shut down from power button , powers up again.

i have 1.7 v and 1.3 v on i7

any help ?

i flash bios and kbc
                              Same problem, Nobody have a tip?

Comment

Originally posted by gioagril View Post
                                Same problem, Nobody have a tip?
                                i think dead pch (intel chipset)

Comment

Working...
                                X