This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, everyone, I am Lin from Aulmighty Electronic in China, we only produce aluminum electrolytic capacitor. I happenly type "Aulmighty CDSJ" in Google, which find the comment from Mr.Digital Technophile, yes, the logo is come from "Aluminum blah blah Mighty". It is our hope to produce the top-grade capacitor. LOL~
    Nice to meet everyone here, hope I can help something or not~ Hope I can learn the technical information here
    Last edited by Aulmighty Electronics; 10-13-2011, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Hi from Venezuela peeps!

Im a computer tech wich have mostly focused on replacing parts , and now im starting to try and troubleshoot issues at the component level!

Cheers on a very helpful site!

Comment

Posting to get the ball rolling...

Navy AET (Go NEETS!), Certified mechanic, yada yada.

HouseFly88: I've met amatuer EE's that could run circles around some "pros" I've known. Don't sweat it.

prof_unrat: If you have one of the newer styled Amigas (A4000, A1200, or A600), then re-cap all the SMT 'lytics - NOW! CBM got hold of those lousy "rotting fish" things, and they leak and eat away the PCB traces. I tried to re-cap my A600 (A4K to follow), but the caps I ordered were just as bad as the ones I pulled out (I'll post on that later). Earlier Amigas used linear power supplies and lots of board space, so they didn't need LESR caps or even ones rated for 105C. Of course, if you replace them with Panny FMs, it sure as hell wouldn't hurt...

bipolar

Comment

I would like to say thanks to all for the welcome, I am new to cap replacement on boards and hope to learn from the pro's. Thanks Again

Comment

really your forum is the best all over the world

i am so happy to be a member of that forum

and i hope to all of you all the best wishes

Comment

Trying to fix Dell W1700. Wish me luck. Fantastic forum and great feedback.

Comment

Hello.

Comment

Hello All
                  I live in Aberdeen, Washington. My first computer was a "Tandy Color Computer" with 16kb Memory, The storage medium was a Cassette Deck.

Most everyone calls me Hal. I came to this site via a tech forum discussion on replacing caps, so far I like what I have read. I have up till now been replacing them myself, with about a 70% success rate. The problem for me is Time, I am a AAA service provider, so I am in and out all the time. Leaving a solder job in the middle is not advisable, at least for me anyway. I will be sending in ,, probably next week,, a GC375 out of an XPS 600, and a MS-7125 out of a custom. I am the guy that everyone, in the family sends their dead computers to, to resuscitate.

Comment

Hello, I just Arrived got a few projects I gonna need some help on and every post I looked on this forum seemed to be solved.

I live in Central CT, and am currently thinking about studying Electrical Engineering next year. Hopefully, I can answer some questions on this forum too.

Louis
                    Last edited by ComputerGeek; 10-18-2011, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Hi friends,
                      I am from Malaysia just joined today have some knowledge in computers thats all, more of hobby in repairing lcd and laptop.

Comment

I love my ESR Meter!!

Comment

I love my ESR Meter!. With that I introduce myself. From Belize, and like to share, and of course learn more.

Comment

Hi friends,
                            I am from Netherlands and I love metal music, especially heard from devices built/tuned by myself. This is how I found this great place and i like a lot the friendly atmosphere around this place.
                            Have a lot of plans, I have read a lot but experimented too little for my 20 years since I am an amateur in this hobby...
                            Cheers!

Comment

Hello all,

I'm a Radio Electronics Officer in the US Merchant Marines. Yes there are still a few of us around.

Lots of great info on this forum.

Sparks

Comment

Hello,

I am a Manufacturing Engineer with a moderate self-taught background in electronics. I found this forum while searching for information on repairing my VX910 monitor. After several days of reviewing this site, I am impressed with the knowledge shown by many of the frequent users. I am confident that their advice will help determine the issue with my monitor.

Comment

Hello!
                                  My name is Randy, I'm from Indianapolis, and I am a technician, thus the username "randtek". I have been an electronic service technician since 1980. I received my training both in a civilian technical school, and then in the Air Force. Currently, I am repairing all types of HDTVs, in a high volume service center. It is not unusual for me to look at 20 TVs in an 8 hour day. I found this forum while searching for a LCD Panel for a TV, and saw that it might be a place where I could offer some good advice.

Comment

Hello new here just recived 4 new capacitors!

Comment

Hello my name is steve a truck mechanic do some soldering now and then came here for advice after ordering from here some capacitors for mb !

Comment

Hello ! My is Tony as you can see Iam still up knowing I need to a sleep for work but from time I get home til bedtime Iam either building or looking to do something to a computer. 8 years earlier didn't even know how to turn one on. I watched a tech install a cd-rom and charged me $35 in about 10 minutes. I told him I could've done that and he said sure you can. I always tinkered with electronics and found computer hardware my new found hobby and liked it so much I got a diploma in PC Repair. Anyway I had a mobo with swelled caps and done a little web searching and found this great site and ordered some new caps fixed my mobo and here I am. Hope to enjoy more out of this site.

Comment

Hello, I'm a noob.
                                          I'm the world's greatest backyard mechanic and because of this I believe I can fix anything!
                                          I have not one but TWO soldering irons! One of them runs off 12V so I can solder using a car battery. Yes, I am sick bro! LOL
                                          Found this forum while trying to fix a Toshiba A300 Laptop with power supply problems.
                                          Had to register to look at pics, and making my virgin post to have full access.
                                          Not completely new to fixing bad caps but I am a total hack with electronics.
                                          Love this forum already!

Comment

Working...
                                          X