Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VA912B Viewsonic, photos, need some help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VA912B Viewsonic, photos, need some help.

Viewsonic VA912B, screen appears dead, speakers click every two seconds or so, green power light flashes. Nothing else remarkable happens.

Have seen a lot posted about bad capacitors, but I've never replaced one and don't know if that's what it needs. Could someone knowledgeable please look at this photo and give your thoughts. I suspect they're all swollen a bit and that one leaks, but for all I know that's as they should be.

I'm game for trying to replace them to keep this screen out of a landfill, but only if they're suspect.

Thanks for your help.

Re: VA912B Viewsonic, photos, need some help.

Yup, these caps are definitely BAD. See that brownish stuff on top?

Replace all of the CrapXon caps on the board (except input 400V one) and 95% chance that's all you nned to do.

I know there are several previous threads outlining what caps you need (value & size). You should update your profile to show your location so we can suggest which online retailer you can get the caps from.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by capacap
      ...but only if they're suspect.
      Hell yes, they are.
      I suggest you to see the FAQ on posting pictures. You might be yelled at for inline pictures.. it happened to me too.
      There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
      • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
      • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
      • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
      • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
      • Windows 10 Pro x64
      • GeForce GT1050
        2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

Thanks for the expert advise. Will replace them all.

I didn't mean to post the photo... it a link to tinypic .com and I don't see any way to edit, nor do I recall a "preview post" option.

Added: unexpected that this post has a "edit" button which I just used and that the original post does not.

Comment

Thanks for the expert advise. Will replace them all.

I didn't mean to post the photo... it a link to tinypic .com and I don't see any way to edit, nor do I recall a "preview post" option.

Added: unexpected that this post has a "edit" button which I just used and that the original post does not.
          Hello
          You only have 10 minutes to edit a post
          After that nothing can be done to alter it

Comment

Upload a smaller size pic onto tinypic with the same name (overwrite the original huge one). Then, attach the regular picture using "Manage Attachments" here in the forums.

Comment

Working...
            X